"What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?" by Frederick Douglass

That was before the emancipation, in 1852. The Emancipation Proclamation was in 1862.
Many Leftist have forgotten about the Emancipation of 1862 and which Country's Founders put in a Constitution that could be amended to give the Slaves Freedom.

Many of these Leftist are so blinded by their own Hatred and Intolerance they forget their own God given Blessings.

And yet, the KKK almost 100% supports Rump. Funny how that works, isn't it.

The KKK was the domestic terrorist arm of the Democratic Party. Today the KKK is almost nonexistent and thus has no political power. Otherwise please show the last time Republicans introduced segregation or Jim Crow like laws.

Now the Democratic Party has BLM to terrorize the population in an attempt to coerce the people, corporations, and politicians to their will. Same tactics, just using different people and using their fear to control them.

Political cartoon
Please point out when people “switched parties”.

You asked for it. Now for a history lesson (at your expense). It's about time someone asked that question point blank. I've been ready for it.

Party Realignment And The New Deal
And this is just the start.

The Twentieth-Century Reversal: How Did theRepublican States Switch to theDemocrats and Vice Versa?
The familiar U.S. electoral map—with the Democrats win-ning in the northeast, upper midwest, and west coast, and the Re-publicans dominating in the south and center of the country—isrecent. In the past few elections, rich states have gone for theDemocrats and poor states have voted Republican, but 30 yearsago there was no such pattern, and a 100 years ago things lookedcompletely different.Figure 1shows the maps showing Demo-cratic and Republican states in 1896 and in 2000.Almost without exception, the states which went Republican(colored red) in 1896 supported Democrat Al Gore in 2000,while nearly all the Democratic (blue) states in 1896 movedin the other direction.Figure 2shows more details with ascatterplot.We are so used to the idea of cosmopolitan liberal Democratsand rural conservative Republicans that the 1896 pattern can come as a shock. What happened?

And it's still not that simple. But the fact it happened shouldn't be denied.

Your own link shows that blacks did indeed move to the Democratic Party in the 1930’s. This was because of FDR’s welfare programs, even though blacks weren’t eligible for most of them thanks to Democrat racism. But there was a depression and blacks suffered badly. In their desperation they went to the Dems.

Curious though, the Dems were just reigniting the KKK at that time, and we’re actively passing segregation laws and Jim Crow laws.

So why did the racist Dems of the 1930’s, 40’s, and 50’s allegedly wait until the 60’s or later to join the Republican Party? The answer is simple, they didn’t. As the south got less and less racist over the decades, it became less and less Democratic, and more Republican. The KKK died off and is no longer relevant, thus Dems had no more power in the south, except urban shitholes thanks to the black vote.

Meanwhile Democrats successfully got the majority of blacks dependent on government welfare and stuck at the bottom rung of society. And there they have been for decades thanks to Democrat failed policies. Or should we say “successful” policies as they have kept them desperate, poor, and voting Democrat for so many decades.

Is the title now given to a speech by Frederick Douglass delivered on July 5, 1852, in Corinthian Hall, Rochester, New York, addressing the Rochester Ladies' Anti-Slavery Society.[2] The speech is perhaps the most widely known of all of Frederick Douglass' writings save his autobiographies.

Considering the woeful ignorance Americans have of it's own history and the current climate, now is the perfect time for all to consume what things were actually like.

His descendants have recorded themselves giving this great speech that I believe every American should read at least once or three times in their lives...

Or you can watch another set of African Americans give the speech on Roland Martin's digital show...

Or, you can just take the time and read it yourself...

I listened to Martin group's reading last night and was just left speechless.

How did you react to any of these?

How is that relevant now?

I am beginning to despair, though, of seeing black and white together to work as one, as Americans, now that we have attempted to correct that great sin.
Do you really think significant sincere attempts have been made to do that? I certainly don't see any such effects on this message board.

edit...I mean, voter suppression is still in full swing, the effects of white flight, red lining, segregated housing and Jim Crow are still being felt. To what attempt/s are you referring?

Last edited:
Is the title now given to a speech by Frederick Douglass delivered on July 5, 1852, in Corinthian Hall, Rochester, New York, addressing the Rochester Ladies' Anti-Slavery Society.[2] The speech is perhaps the most widely known of all of Frederick Douglass' writings save his autobiographies.

Considering the woeful ignorance Americans have of it's own history and the current climate, now is the perfect time for all to consume what things were actually like.

His descendants have recorded themselves giving this great speech that I believe every American should read at least once or three times in their lives...

Or you can watch another set of African Americans give the speech on Roland Martin's digital show...

Way back resentments is all they got

Way back resentments is all they got

Hope blacks can find their way back to the 21st century

"Make America Great Again" and "Take America back" are not subtle appeals to an age when white supremacy ruled virtually every level of government.

Although Trump's ignorance of history renders him blind to what's coming, every revolution has a counter-revolution. Whenever major change occurs there is a major reaction to it, and the coming backlash to Trump's racist authoritarianism will make the civil rights gains of the 60s seem marginal by comparison.
donald-trump-frederick-douglass.jpg

Two amazing Americans!

Perhaps the most amazing thing about hearing leftists talk is how they can yammer about "white supremacy", after 56 years of racist Affirmative Action discrimination against whites, with whites as the victims, and blacks the beneficiaries.

Make America Great Again has noting to do with race. It has to do with The globalization conducted by the previous 4 dumbass presidents before Trump (Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, and Obama), who gave China unrestricted access to our unique/valuable MARKET, thereby saturating our stores with Made in China junk.

The current administration IS A MAJOR REVOLUTION to the globalism and racism of the Obama administration, which aligned with trash orgs like BLM, and instigated riots, and began the practice of Democrat mayors having their police stand down, to accomodate/appease racist rioters, looters, arsonists, occupiers, etc.

There is no such thing as "racist authoritarianism" of Trump, except in mindless babbling coming from insane, leftist media propaganda. I have many times challenged USMB posters to present ONE example of racism from Trump. None have ever been able to do that. Every attempt has been a pile of nonsense, generated by the media's and universities' weird, contorted definitions of things.

Trump has been the best thing that has ever happened to blacks in America. Black unemployment has reached its lowest levels in US history. In addition, Trump has opposed the Democrat illegal immigration machine (amnesty, sanctuary, asylum, etc) which hits blacks harder than any other group, on the safety and the wages of black workers.

Trump's policies have also boosted support for black-owned small businesses, and historically black colleges and universities, and the bipartisan FIRST STEP Act that Trump championed was, in large part, an effort to alleviate the mass black incarceration created by the 1994 omnibus crime bill that Biden has “no regrets” about writing.

And this insightful article by a Black Obama-supporter (Jack Brewer) will teach you a lot, if only you would take the time to read it. BTW, I voted for Obama myself in 2008, before I came to my senses, and realized who were the real good guys and bad guys. >>

Last edited:
I did not read Mr. Douglass's speech. It was much too long.

But anyone who simply read a few words (as I did) would have been impressed by his command of the English language.

Here was a former slave who knew the English language better than most Americans did at that time and NOW.

In 1852, few Americans (of any ethnicity) could have written such an erudite speech.

Mr. Douglass is proof positive what a human being can achieve if s/he puts in the effort.

Personally, I feel that Mr. Douglass (and Dr. Booker T. Washington and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) would be heart-broken if they knew how many young people of their ethnicity today are failing to take advantage of the opportunities that those three gentlemen never had.

Oh. You mean that guy whose statue was attacked by BLM? Him?

Perhaps the most amazing thing about hearing leftists talk is how they can yammer about "white supremacy", after 56 years of racist Affirmative Action discrimination against whites, with whites as the victims, and blacks the beneficiaries
Then how do you explain this?
fig1_LO.png

Examining the Black-white wealth gap

"A close examination of wealth in the U.S. finds evidence of staggering racial disparities.

"At $171,000, the net worth of a typical white family is nearly ten times greater than that of a Black family ($17,150) in 2016.

"Gaps in wealth between Black and white households reveal the effects of accumulated inequality and discrimination, as well as differences in power and opportunity that can be traced back to this nation’s inception.

"The Black-white wealth gap reflects a society that has not and does not afford equality of opportunity to all its citizens."

There are no slaves. You have too much freedom -- special rights in America. Yet you continue thru life with a chip on your shoulder because you've been brainwashed. It's easier to blame someone for your predicament rather than examine your own behavior
Shhhhh................BLM shot an 8 yr old. We know the OP thinks dead slaves are more important...............Shhhhhhhh

Are there any slaves today?
People who work for a miserable boss at a shitty job making 60,000 poverty wages a year are slaves to me. I believe 70% would like to see their boss stuffed in the water cooler. There are more slaved than ever in this country.

Make America Great Again has noting to do with race. It has to do with The globalization conducted by the previous 4 dumbass presidents before Trump (Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, and Obama), who gave China unrestricted access to our unique/valuable MARKET, thereby saturating our stores with Made in China junk
How much money is Trump making from China?
MAGA is all about returning to a time when propertied white males ruled without anyone questioning their privilege.

200611_gma_bruce1jpg_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

"'THOSE THAT DENY THEIR HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT!'

"President Donald Trump tweeted Thursday in all capital letters, a day after saying he 'will not even consider' renaming Fort Bragg and other military installations named after Confederate generals.

"He called them 'Monumental and very Powerful Bases [that] have become part of a Great American Heritage,' even though the Pentagon had said it was open to discussing the move."

Trump's history of defending Confederate 'heritage' despite political risk: ANALYSIS

Trump's trying to run on Nixon's '68 Southern Strategy because he's too ignorant/stupid to recognize the changes that have happened since then.
Trump.jpg

He and his bigots will have the same end as the last Lost Cause.

There is no such thing as "racist authoritarianism" of Trump, except in mindless babbling coming from insane, leftist media propaganda. I have many times challenged USMB posters to present ONE example of racism from Trump. None have ever been able to do that
Maybe you're blind to his bigotry?
The first time Trump's name appeared in the NYT it was as a defendant in a racial discrimination lawsuit.

An Oral History of Trump’s Bigotry

"I. “You Don’t Want to Live With Them Either”

"The Justice Department’s 1973 lawsuit against Trump Management Company focused on 39 properties in New York City.

"The government alleged that employees were directed to tell African American lease applicants that there were no open apartments.

"Company policy, according to an employee quoted in court documents, was to rent only to 'Jews and executives.'"

Marxist Leftsits keep telling Blacks that it's the evil White man's fault things are the way they are today, because of what happened 200 years ago. Rest assured, once these dirtbags take over, they will dispose of Blacks at a snap of the finger.

Perhaps the most amazing thing about hearing leftists talk is how they can yammer about "white supremacy", after 56 years of racist Affirmative Action discrimination against whites, with whites as the victims, and blacks the beneficiaries
fig1_LO.png

"A close examination of wealth in the U.S. finds evidence of staggering racial disparities.

"At $171,000, the net worth of a typical white family is nearly ten times greater than that of a Black family ($17,150) in 2016.

"Gaps in wealth between Black and white households reveal the effects of accumulated inequality and discrimination, as well as differences in power and opportunity that can be traced back to this nation’s inception.

"The Black-white wealth gap reflects a society that has not and does not afford equality of opportunity to all its citizens."

Starting a family without a primary breadwinner, is a good plan to remain poor.

D'uh.

Even if there is massive discrimination across society in your favor.

Make America Great Again has noting to do with race. It has to do with The globalization conducted by the previous 4 dumbass presidents before Trump (Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, and Obama), who gave China unrestricted access to our unique/valuable MARKET, thereby saturating our stores with Made in China junk
How much money is Trump making from China?
MAGA is all about returning to a time when propertied white males ruled without anyone questioning their privilege.

200611_gma_bruce1jpg_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

"'THOSE THAT DENY THEIR HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT!'

"President Donald Trump tweeted Thursday in all capital letters, a day after saying he 'will not even consider' renaming Fort Bragg and other military installations named after Confederate generals.

"He called them 'Monumental and very Powerful Bases [that] have become part of a Great American Heritage,' even though the Pentagon had said it was open to discussing the move."

Trump's history of defending Confederate 'heritage' despite political risk: ANALYSIS

Trump's trying to run on Nixon's '68 Southern Strategy because he's too ignorant/stupid to recognize the changes that have happened since then.
Trump.jpg

He and his bigots will have the same end as the last Lost Cause.

1. Nixon's Southern Strategy, as you dems describe it, is a debunked lie. All you did there was admit to being a liar.

2. Nothing racist about being a proud Southern. YOu are the racist asshole here, not them.

fig1_LO.png

Red lining, school segregation, white flight, Jim Crow, vote suppression, housing segregation. It's not rocket science after all, except to those who deny history.

Forum List

Back