What the US can learn from New Zealand political discourse

I don't believe I used the word "all." So just to be clear, now your standard is that they aren't confiscating guns unless they confiscate all guns?

I don't agree with that standard, but I want to clarify yours since you just said that
Either firearms are confiscated or they are not. Narrowing it down to the type of firearm is semantics. At the end of the day, you want your firearms for a different reason - you don't trust government. Most NZers want guns for only two reasons - hunting and getting rid of furry vermin.

IDGAf what many Americans say. You are talking to me right now and I told you way I think.

I don't like to waste my time

Aha. Don't be worried: It's no problem for me that you started to waste your time by not to speak with me about nothing and you are not interested in anything else than to declare what you declare.

with foreigners who do nothing but insult me for no other reason than you don't like the country I live in.

Strange. But what do I except from a strange stranger? Question: If you look into a mirror - what do you see there? Nothing?

Last edited:
I dunno, why are you insulting me? The only people I give shit to are Trump supporters and uber conservatives. And I make no apologies for doing so.
Oh, no, another sheep shagging joke!
What people do in this country is none of your fucking business.

But then again a insignificant sheep herder from an insignificant little country on the ass end of the planet has to do something to make himself feel important I guess.

No, in the context of the discussion into which you jumped, that NZ wasn't confiscating all guns. Too, buying back is not quite the same as confiscating.
The fact that you allow your government to confiscate any guns owned by law abiding people is just more proof that you are all fucking sheep

Aha. Don't be worried: It's no problem for me that you started to waste your time by not to speak with me about nothing and you are not interested in anything else than to declare what you declare.

Strange. But what do I except from a strange stranger? Question: If you look into a mirror - what do you see there? Nothing?
Goodbye.

What's are these comments? "Exactly, Dr Grump is a real ass that way" and "dirtbag"..
The bastion of maturity? Let him without sin etc etc etc..

I was OBVIOUSLY referring to the overt childishness of your insult, not that it was an insult. God you're stupid.

kaz: I always wanted to come to New Zealand

Dr Grump: Oh, we don't want you here, kaz

What are you, eight? Be honest

Either firearms are confiscated or they are not. Narrowing it down to the type of firearm is semantics. At the end of the day, you want your firearms for a different reason - you don't trust government. Most NZers want guns for only two reasons - hunting and getting rid of furry vermin.

What a bunch of babble.

Are you seriously arguing they are not confiscating firearms if they only take some of them and not all of them? Maybe you should take remedial reading. If government takes a gun by force that is confiscation. If you have three guns and government takes two of them, they confiscated two guns.

It looks like between you and cnm that Kiwi government schools basically suck like the ones we have here with your bullshit that confiscating SOME of the guns isn't confiscation, it's only confiscation if they are all taken

I hope "bye" means in the origin not "see you again" as it is in "Auf Wiedersehen". ... No ... it comes from 'godbwye' (1570ies) = "God be with you".

Thank you! God might also be with you - and if he has some time from the immense amount of time which he made - then he could perhaps enlighten you a little, so you are able to become a real US-American whose states are and his nation is basing on the principles of the European renaissance and enlightenment and not on the darkness of some brainwashing greedy and violent minds.

Last edited:
There is nothing as corrosive and damaging to the American political discourse as the right wing alternative facts machine.

“When you look at the numbers, New Zealanders have essentially been satisfied with their government since 1999,” said Stephen Mills, the head of UMR, Labour’s polling firm. That period had spanned two Labour and two centre-right National prime ministers – including Ardern – all of whom had led fairly moderate governments.

“A huge reason that our politics is not so extremely polarised and so far out there is because we no longer have Murdoch-owned press in New Zealand, and it’s never taken a foothold,” said David Cormack, the co-founder of a public relations firm and a former head of policy and communications for the left-leaning Green party.

Why New Zealand rejected populist ideas other nations have embraced
More leftist diatribe in support of an Orwellian state like 1984.

Either firearms are confiscated or they are not.

As far as I heard this form of guns bring the New Zealanders - who don't need this forms of guns on professional reasons - on their own free will, after they had seen what extremely criminal idiots are doing with such guns and that to own such war guns makes absolutelly not any sense for nothing in a normal life far from war.

Narrowing it down to the type of firearm is semantics. At the end of the day, you want your firearms for a different reason - you don't trust government.

What a nonsense. We shoot with votes in democracies. When someone is dead after he got a lack of votes he is still able to cry: "I am not dead. I am the winner."

Most NZers want guns for only two reasons - hunting and getting rid of furry vermin.

Last edited:
As far as I heard this form of guns bring the New Zealanders - who don't need this forms of guns on professional reasons - on their own free will

That's just not true. It's not their free will, they face legal penalties for not complying.

Democrats are so fucking lazy. Learn to use Google for things you don't know rather than making up your own answers

what extremely criminal idiots are doing with such guns and that to own such war guns makes absolutelly not any sense for nothing in a normal life far from war

So you actually believe CRIMINALS are complying and turning in their guns? God you're stupid.

As for your view that it's up to you rather people need guns or not, how do you get your head through doorways?

What does this tell you another use of guns might be since your taking guns from honest citizens isn't working? Any idea? You don't, do you? Be honest, Adolph

What does this tell you another use of guns might be since your taking guns from honest citizens isn't working?
Again. The point of the buy back is to reduce the casualty rate of mass shootings. We've had none since the buy back began. In that respect you must agree it's working. How many has the US had in the last couple of years? Maybe it could learn something.

Again, buy back is not confiscation.

confiscate (confiscated, confiscating) to take away something from someone, usually as a penalty.

Firearms are confiscated in NZ when illegally held or perhaps when the holder is deemed not to be a fit and proper person. Illegally held banned categories will be confiscated when amnesty periods are finished.

Now for the truth.

Snip: "Stephanie Hayden, a trans woman who was called a “racist” and a “pig in a wig” during a campaign of online abuse, "

dress up speech suppression all you like, fascist.

What people do in this country is none of your fucking business.

But then again a insignificant sheep herder from an insignificant little country on the ass end of the planet has to do something to make himself feel important I guess.
Pity the US doesn't do the same - keep its nose out of other peoples' business.

I think the US is a significant country. Don't make the mistake of thinking just because you were born there you are somehow significant. You are not. You are a Neville Nobody.

The fact that you allow your government to confiscate any guns owned by law abiding people is just more proof that you are all fucking sheep
Can you own a tank? An M2 Browning? A bazooka? They are all 'arms' are they not. At least we have 5 and sometimes more different political parties in our parliament. You are a duopoly with the ability to only think in black or white, left or right, up and down. Now THAT, is sad...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back