What the Sixers Need...

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
They got their coach, now they need to address the year after year problems:
1)Rebounds from the PF position.
Harris, Niang and Tucker fail many areas of the game, rebounding being important for that position. Behind Embid it was the PG-Harden grabbing more rebounds than the PF and SF combined. Even Maxy pulls down more rebounds than these PF's.
2) Sixers need a real SF, maybe
McDaniel's who was great defensively can move a step forward if given more of a role, but is he starting material? Can he be more consistent a year wiser going towards his peek break out years?
3) Sixers have to develope guys like Springer and hope Melton progresses, and perhaps give hard working Mac a chance as backup PG or 3rd off the bench, playing Springer for Defense assignments and Mac when needing bursts of energy offense. (He seems to stimulate the energy & play of others).
4) a legit backup Center who doesn't draw fouls all the time like Howard Did, nor a turnover machine with brick hands like Noel did, nor slow like Okafar and Harrel.

Hopefully with the new coach Sixers won't be so predictable in their plays, nor their lineups that made it to easy to double team our stars. And the former coach was terrible at using the bench properly and using the younger players for sake of developing and progressing them.

Silver and the Colangelo family destroyed the process when Hinkle was forced out. 80% finished. The league sucks. Most teams cannot compete for the championship year after year.

Harris, Niang and Tucker fail many areas of the game, rebounding being important for that position. Behind Embid it was the PG-Harden grabbing more rebounds than the PF and SF combined. Even Maxy pulls down more rebounds than these PF's.
McDaniel's who was great defensively can move a step forward if given more of a role, but is he starting material? Can he be more consistent a year wiser going towards his peek break out years?
3) Sixers have to develope guys like Springer and hope Melton progresses, and perhaps give hard working Mac a chance as backup PG or 3rd off the bench, playing Springer for Defense assignments and Mac when needing bursts of energy offense. (He seems to stimulate the energy & play of others).
4) a legit backup Center who doesn't draw fouls all the time like Howard Did, nor a turnover machine with brick hands like Noel did, nor slow like Okafar and Harrel.

Hopefully with the new coach Sixers won't be so predictable in their plays, nor their lineups that made it to easy to double team our stars. And the former coach was terrible at using the bench properly and using the younger players for sake of developing and progressing them.
They came so close. Let's not forget they came very close to moving on. Harden had some really good games and a lot of duds. Sort of like Tatum. No one is talking about getting rid of Tatum right?

There are some good players that can be stolen. Who's Boston's number 2 guy? Maybe the sixers steal him.

I'd love to see that happen but the Sixers would be crazy to trade Maxie.
No you don't give that guy away.

I love how they are talking about the importance of coaching. And how hard it is to bring everyone together. Jason Williams was talking about how ego's got in the way 2 of his 3 years in college. The year they won a National Championship, everyone was on board. A team is like a tree. At the top is the coach and now you have to coach all these incredible athletes and get them to click.

Great example. The 2004 Pistons. A collection of guys who played their roles very well. And each of them could create their own shot. And they didn't miss. That is until Chauncey threw game 7 in the finals against the Spurs in 2005. Same year that corrupt ref Donaghee got caught cheating. Was Chauncey in on it? Was he cheating too? It wasn't just the one ref I can tell you that.

No you don't give that guy away.

I love how they are talking about the importance of coaching. And how hard it is to bring everyone together. Jason Williams was talking about how ego's got in the way 2 of his 3 years in college. The year they won a National Championship, everyone was on board. A team is like a tree. At the top is the coach and now you have to coach all these incredible athletes and get them to click.

Great example. The 2004 Pistons. A collection of guys who played their roles very well. And each of them could create their own shot. And they didn't miss. That is until Chauncey threw game 7 in the finals against the Spurs in 2005. Same year that corrupt ref Donaghee got caught cheating. Was Chauncey in on it? Was he cheating too? It wasn't just the one ref I can tell you that.
The problem is athletes have become spoiled unappreciative prima donnas built like delicate glass, always breaking and needing their way. This permeates throughout society, probably because of our t-ball, everyone gets a trophy coddling society.

The problem is athletes have become spoiled unappreciative prima donnas built like delicate glass, always breaking and needing their way. This permeates throughout society, probably because of our t-ball, everyone gets a trophy coddling society.
The salaries and the hype have gotten way out of hand for the stars. Not all of the top tier athletes are like that, I just saw an interview with Mookie Betts and you will never find a nicer more humble guy. Then on the other end of the spectrum you have Kyree looking into the stands during a game and yelling at fans. Sheesh.

Have you heard about how the Heat do it differently? A lot of undrafted guys who at times are the best player on the court? When the star goes down it's next man up and that next man is expected to do just as well doing his job. Heat Culture. And how Kevin Love doesn't mind coming off the bench? I hear Herro is coming back. I hope Jimmy is okay by Thursday. Just needed a couple days off the ankles. I think they are going to lose in 5 but still I want to see them at their best.

Have you heard about how the Heat do it differently? A lot of undrafted guys who at times are the best player on the court? When the star goes down it's next man up and that next man is expected to do just as well doing his job. Heat Culture. And how Kevin Love doesn't mind coming off the bench? I hear Herro is coming back. I hope Jimmy is okay by Thursday. Just needed a couple days off the ankles. I think they are going to lose in 5 but still I want to see them at their best.
Yeah it sucks when the star gets hurt especially the Heat coming off a grueling conference final while the Nuggets were chilling by the pool for a week.

They don't repeat the same game plan & plays over and over like the Sixers.
Butler was always like that, hard to read if he was gonna drive to the basket or stop dead and float up a mid range.
Miami can attack from anywhere on the court snd mix it up with no rhyme or reason.

Well the Sixers went from a DOCtor to a Nurse hopefully they will take their medicine better and get a much healthier experience… Really it boils down to talent a coach can only do so much if the players buy into his system or not…

Yesterday I saw a 30 for 30 on the 2001 Sixers. I think it was called everything but a ring. I believe that was the year they beat the Kobe/Shaq Lakers in game one of the finals then lost the next 4.

Allen had Dikembe Mutombo and a bunch of other great players. That was a good team.

They beat Vince Carter and Toronto I guess that was a great series.

I'm sure you remember it well.

Forum List

Back