Sixers need to act now

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
With that Kaminga dive & intentional injury to Embid's knee the Sixers more than ever need to make their move:
if I was the GM I would go after
Dejounte Murray even if it required 2 late first rounders (knowing our history of those picks, we'd never find someone that good and cheap contract to boot).
A First and second and developing player like Martin or Springer gets it done, I'd get rid of Covington to match $ contracts.
Then pick up Gordon Hayward when he is released. Hayward starts and Oubre off the bench solves the sixers lack of SF over the years. Then lastly go after a borderline Starting center (for playoff security)that can switch to PF when Embid Plays. The problem is, there are none that I know of available.

With that Kaminga dive & intentional injury to Embid's knee the Sixers more than ever need to make their move:
if I was the GM I would go after
Dejounte Murray even if it required 2 late first rounders (knowing our history of those picks, we'd never find someone that good and cheap contract to boot).
A First and second and developing player like Martin or Springer gets it done, I'd get rid of Covington to match $ contracts.
Then pick up Gordon Hayward when he is released. Hayward starts and Oubre off the bench solves the sixers lack of SF over the years. Then lastly go after a borderline Starting center (for playoff security)that can switch to PF when Embid Plays. The problem is, there are none that I know of available.
Embiid is a great player. He does not help himself with questions of conditioning and supposedly of liking the fast food. This does not help with any potential medical problems. He is hurt every year it seems and has nagging injuries. The getting to the second round and losing is never going to improve at this point. The year Toronto won; they could have taken it. His personality and quips are made for TV. Someone offers a great trade package, at least consider it.

At least the NBA has put in a rule that you cannot miss 17 or more games and win the MVP, I don't know how many he missed last year but he definitely was not better than Joker, who should have won his 3rd in a row.

Instead, he did something that Embiid will never do, win a championship.

Embiid strikes me as just not being able to lead a team to a championship. He has plenty of time to prove me wrong.

Embiid is a great player. He does not help himself with questions of conditioning and supposedly of liking the fast food. This does not help with any potential medical problems. He is hurt every year it seems and has nagging injuries. The getting to the second round and losing is never going to improve at this point. The year Toronto won; they could have taken it. His personality and quips are made for TV. Someone offers a great trade package, at least consider it.
He's always double teamed and gets wacked and hacked alot as would the big dog on any team. IT'S partially because the GM and coaches never grasp that when you have someone who most likely won't shoot the ball (Formerly Simmons, Thybulle, Tucker and now Batum) it tends to inform the opposition to utilize their man to double team or clog the middle in a zone extra man. If you look at the footage, Kaminga just dived on his knee like a wrestlers move when he was from a stable standing position, it was definitely purposeful by the optics of it.

With that Kaminga dive & intentional injury to Embid's knee

Do you have proof of this, about Kuminga? Can you provide any links please? Because that is a pretty strong comment so it'll be cool if you provide a link where we can go verify it.

I was at Vegas Summer League games in 2022 and used to hear Kuminga talking to people there saying men like Embiid Siakam etc are role models who inspired him to try to reach the NBA... sounds reasonable too, since him and Embiid would've been little kids living about 8-900mi from each other --in places that are about 8-9,000 miles away from the USA.

Do you have proof of this, about Kuminga? Can you provide any links please? Because that is a pretty strong comment so it'll be cool if you provide a link where we can go verify it.

I was at Vegas Summer League games in 2022 and used to hear Kuminga talking to people there saying men like Embiid Siakam etc are role models who inspired him to try to reach the NBA... sounds reasonable too, since him and Embiid would've been little kids living about 8-900mi from each other --in places that are about 8-9,000 miles away from the USA.
You have to find the video online if it exists and you decide if it looked intentional or not.

You have to find the video online if it exists and you decide if it looked intentional or not.

No, I did not ask about the video of the play. The world already showed us the video before you published your post.
That video, like all videos on Earth, has no ability to decide if an act was intentional or unintentional. Only human beings can make that claim, then provide proof that the claim is true. Yep so I just wanted to double-check... learn if you had any links to any reputable humans who can verify Kuminga said he did that intentionally.

I was just curious, since its likely that 100% of all humans would never go do physical harm to someone who they are calling their role model. Thanks for replying back.

No, I did not ask about the video of the play. The world already showed us the video before you published your post.
That video, like all videos on Earth, has no ability to decide if an act was intentional or unintentional. Only human beings can make that claim, then provide proof that the claim is true. Yep so I just wanted to double-check... learn if you had any links to any reputable humans who can verify Kuminga said he did that intentionally.

I was just curious, since its likely that 100% of all humans would never go do physical harm to someone who they are calling their role model. Thanks for replying back.
that's not always true at the heat of competition, your brain does not have time to split second think friend or foe, and opposition team is the foe especially when thr big Galute is hanging on you all game. Remember GSW is on survival mode, Kuminga picked up where Draymond left off.
Draymond being a perfect example of bad reflex split second reactions in the heat of battle.

that's not always true at the heat of competition, your brain does not have time to split second think friend or foe, and opposition team is the foe especially when thr big Galute is hanging on you all game. Remember GSW is on survival mode, Kuminga picked up where Draymond left off.
Draymond being a perfect example of bad reflex split second reactions in the heat of battle.

Thank you for replying sir, but in all due respect... can you please provide proof that Kuminga did that intentionally. Like I said, you made a pretty strong statement about a man who Kuminga has considered his role model since he was a kid.

...used to hear Kuminga talking to people there saying men like Embiid Siakam etc are role models who inspired him to try to reach the NBA... sounds reasonable too, since him and Embiid would've been little kids living about 8-900mi from each other --in places that are about 8-9,000 miles away from the USA.

Thank you for replying sir, but in all due respect... can you please provide proof that Kuminga did that intentionally. Like I said, you made a pretty strong statement about a man who Kuminga has considered his role model since he was a kid.
prove that he didn't, the call is on the NBA who in every game decide intent via the tape. So you are saying every technical and flagrant foul is all corrupted by subjective opinions, must be fun watching the game questioning the refs in the same manner.

prove that he didn't

You already proved that he didn't do it intentionally, yourself, once you chose to post no proof here that he purposely tried to hurt his role model. You linked up no reputable sources who Kuminga would've told this to, and you identified no factual entity who claim to have heard Kuminga admitting that he intentionally tried to hurt Embiid.

Murray Is fools gold. He stopped playing defense in San Antonio. Not worth the draft picks

You already proved that he didn't do it intentionally, yourself, once you chose to post no proof here that he purposely tried to hurt his role model. You linked up no reputable sources who Kuminga would've told this to, and you identified no factual entity who claim to have heard Kuminga admitting that he intentionally tried to hurt Embiid.
and your standard means Trump was politically targeted in the E Jean Carroll CASE then, because there was no store video, no proof of intent, not even proof he or she was there at that store at the time, no-one who heard of the incident nor of both parties discussing anything regarding the incident, and the only evidence is of her insisting to cary out fake rape charges fantasy and many Dems in many occassions openly stating they wanted to use lawfare to deter him running and try to bankrupt him in law suits, it was even tauted as a strategy.
So do you have a link to a post of yours arguing your case against Carroll's accusation and the jury's opinions not based on facts, in the same manner or can we conclude you have an ulterior motive to defend Kuminga from stated opinions and or a double standard depending on your affiliation- team or political preferences?

At least the NBA has put in a rule that you cannot miss 17 or more games

Yes. A pretty stupid rule indeed. It goes for every award, not just MVP award.
I hope players find a way to get it rescinded.

he definitely was not better than Joker, who should have won his 3rd in a row.
He was clearly better than Jokic. By a long shot.
That's if you realize that MVP means being great, ON BOTH ENDS OF THE COURT, and not just great on the offensive end like Jokic's career.
Jokic is one of the worst defenders in the league, at the Center position. No way, that should be rewarded with MVP awards.

Instead, he did something that Embiid will never do, win a championship.

He did not win, a thing. His team won the championship. If it was Jokic alone, they would not win anything. He was too tired, too exhausted to do it alone. That is why he did not win a 3rd MVP, because he was too exhausted so he sat out very many games at the end of the regular season last year.

and your standard means Trump was politically targeted in the E Jean Carroll CASE then
Nope. You just posted an irrational thought here. This situation with Kuminga has nothing to do with Trump, whatsoever, so you look very very bizarre for bringing it up here.

On top of that... E Jean case is a matter of her EXACTLY claiming Trump did something to her. Whereas Embiid never made such a claim that Kuminga tried to hurt him. You are the lone, sole person claiming Kuminga tried to intentionally hurt Embiid.
Please stop embarrassing yourself here, good friend.

Nope. You just posted an irrational thought here. This situation with Kuminga has nothing to do with Trump, whatsoever, so you look very very bizarre for bringing it up here.

On top of that... E Jean case is a matter of her EXACTLY claiming Trump did something to her. Whereas Embiid never made such a claim that Kuminga tried to hurt him. You are the lone, sole person claiming Kuminga tried to intentionally hurt Embiid.
Please stop embarrassing yourself here, good friend.
Nope you are wrong, Carroll is just a vessel for an agenda like KAVANAUGH'S ACCUSER HAD AN Abortion issue AGENDA, now you are smokescreening and back tracking your own argument.
Show us where Embid doesn't think it was intentional and you are the one claiming Kuminga see's Embid as an idol and equating that into intentions not being possible doing what you claim is mere personal opinion not based on fact or evidence. You've been schooled by your own argument and instead of admitting your argument is flawed and tries to instill it's will on other's opinions (fascist approach) you chose ad hominem tactics and deflection instead.
Contrary to narcissistic thinking, other people are allowed to have other opinions than your own, it's all subjective until you get him to do a lie detector test and even that isn't 100%.
SO DO YOU HAVE A LINK TO HIS LIE DETECTOR TEST? If not then you have mere opinion and no proof which I accept as your mere opinion but us free people do not like you telling us what to think or how we are not allowed our opinion or insight on any given topic.
Stop being a control freak.
😎

Yes. A pretty stupid rule indeed. It goes for every award, not just MVP award.
I hope players find a way to get it rescinded.

He was clearly better than Jokic. By a long shot.
That's if you realize that MVP means being great, ON BOTH ENDS OF THE COURT, and not just great on the offensive end like Jokic's career.
Jokic is one of the worst defenders in the league, at the Center position. No way, that should be rewarded with MVP awards.

He did not win, a thing. His team won the championship. If it was Jokic alone, they would not win anything. He was too tired, too exhausted to do it alone. That is why he did not win a 3rd MVP, because he was too exhausted so he sat out very many games at the end of the regular season last year.
Wow, I didn't know someone could be so thoroughly wrong in one long winded post, but here ya go.

It can be done.

Show us where Embid doesn't think it was intentional
Nope. Life does not work that way.

You made a claim about Kuminga. You back up your claim about Kuminga, you show proof that your claim about Kuminga is true.

Embiid spoke, and did not say what you said about Kuminga hurting him. All humans who were there, have spoke, and none of those hundreds of people are saying what you are the lone sole only person saying about Kuminga.

Please, stop embarrassing yourself here.

you are the one claiming Kuminga see's Embid as an idol
You are very good at telling lies. I never said Kuminga called him his idol. I said role model, that is the phrase which was used at the 2022 Summer League.

instead of admitting your argument is flawed and tries to instill it's will on other's opinions
Nope. That is what you satanically did here, to Kuminga, when you tried to tell lies on him without posting proof that the people on the scene agree with you and without posting proof that Embiid agrees with you --and especially posting no proof that Kuminga admits to trying to hurt other players.
You refuse to admit your foundation is flawed, in the face of how no one but you has made a bizarre claim about Kuminga.

No wonder you are an anti-Repub... you hate reality, just like Democrats do.

(fascist approach) you chose ad hominem tactics and deflection instead.
Nope. You chose them both EXACTLY when you tried to deflect on Trump-E. Jean here, going off topic for no reason.

lol

You exposed yourself here, for all to see.
Stop being a control freak. 😎

Stop being a deceitFREAK and stop being a dishonestCREEP, in here telling lies on Kuminga while you absolutely REFUSE to provide any proof of your claims about him.

Forum List

Back