Sixers need to act now

You clearly know absolutely nothing about Jokic.
You clearly hate facts, about Jokic.

Please provide a link, verifying that players are just fine if they can't play effective defense on the NBA level.
Please provide a link, showing Jokic ever EVER possessing the ability to play lockdown defense on any NBA Center who is known for scoring the ball.

And please, no one (1) game isolated incidents either.lol
Show him consistently applying himself over several games, playing respectful levels of defense.

...meanwhile...

I will trust examples like these, over your opinion:

Joker not playing defense doesn't mean he is not the most talented big man in the entire league, which he put an exclamation mark on last season.

In case you forgot, the goal for players is to win an NBA championship.

Joker not playing defense doesn't mean he is not the most talented big man in the entire league, which he put an exclamation mark on last season.
huh???

Playing defense is a part of NBA basketball. Playing defense is a requirement to win NBA basketball games. So if a Center is very very poor at playing defense then, by default, he cannot be the most talented big man in the entire league. It is irrational to say that he is. lol

For example... go back and review the 2023 NBA Finals series of tv broadcasts. Guess what you hear Mike Malone screaming at his players 85-90% of the time? He is screaming about them each guarding their man! He is screaming about them applying DEN defensive schemes. He is never talking about offense.
There is a reason for that.

Go review the previous 35-40 NBA championship teams. Guess what they all had in common??? Great defenses! Or, at least, a top defensive team in the league during the year they won the title. Including, how several times since 1990 the very BEST defensive team won the title or at least made it to the NBA Finals.

Now, please stop getting mad at me, because you hated facts about how important it is to play defense wherever Jokic is incapable of doing so.

In case you forgot, the goal for players is to win an NBA championship.

good friend... in case you never knew, then now you FULLY KNOW WHY the requirement for winning an NBA championship seems to be playing great defense

See, I should have been the GM-
Morey didn't even get a Center or a PF/C the Payne move after getting rid of 2 def pg's that were doing ok scoring, trading Morris who's been better and more consistant than Rocco or Batum might be a wash if Buddy Heild doesn't sign with us next year. I get it, we need a fix for Melton being out, but trading 2 pg to get 1 Sixers don't need instead of a center, is baffling. Maybe Morey knows of a center to be released? Found one over seas? This is baffling.
:102:

With that Kaminga dive & intentional injury to Embid's knee the Sixers more than ever need to make their move:
if I was the GM I would go after
Dejounte Murray even if it required 2 late first rounders (knowing our history of those picks, we'd never find someone that good and cheap contract to boot).
A First and second and developing player like Martin or Springer gets it done, I'd get rid of Covington to match $ contracts.
Then pick up Gordon Hayward when he is released. Hayward starts and Oubre off the bench solves the sixers lack of SF over the years. Then lastly go after a borderline Starting center (for playoff security)that can switch to PF when Embid Plays. The problem is, there are none that I know of available.

With that Kaminga dive & intentional injury to Embid's knee the Sixers more than ever need to make their move:
if I was the GM I would go after
Dejounte Murray even if it required 2 late first rounders (knowing our history of those picks, we'd never find someone that good and cheap contract to boot).
A First and second and developing player like Martin or Springer gets it done, I'd get rid of Covington to match $ contracts.
Then pick up Gordon Hayward when he is released. Hayward starts and Oubre off the bench solves the sixers lack of SF over the years. Then lastly go after a borderline Starting center (for playoff security)that can switch to PF when Embid Plays. The problem is, there are none that I know of available.
Sixers season is over. They will fall to 8th seed

The process died when Hinkle was fired with Adam Silver getting involved and then the Colangelo family inserted. The Sixers were 80% complete with the tanking and only needed a little more. Each GM from then on further kept the team afloat treading water instead of making it better. So, like a lot of teams in the league they peaked and for them it is at the 2nd round and then lose. Flawed stars in Embiid and Simmons cost them. Simmons even cost them Jimmy butler over Tobias Harris. The league sucks. Half the teams are out before the season starts. At least they have had a few different teams win in the last few years or so.

agree all the Philly teams hit walls and collapsed due to bad luck.
"ok, which one of you Kensingtonites bathed before we won the championship, you let the luck go down the drain"

The process died when Hinkle was fired with Adam Silver getting involved and then the Colangelo family inserted. The Sixers were 80% complete with the tanking and only needed a little more. Each GM from then on further kept the team afloat treading water instead of making it better. So, like a lot of teams in the league they peaked and for them it is at the 2nd round and then lose. Flawed stars in Embiid and Simmons cost them. Simmons even cost them Jimmy butler over Tobias Harris. The league sucks. Half the teams are out before the season starts. At least they have had a few different teams win in the last few years or so.
Loved how Hinkey knew how to collect Draft picks, but using them on 3 centers 2 which were duds was poor use of the draft. I wanted Butler years before we finally got him, but he didn't get in the flow nor fit the Sixers, in the beginning he hardly got touches and his scoring avg suffered, that spot could have went to someone ok with not being top dog but hitting high percentage like with 3's when they did get the ball. Oubre looked to finally fill that SF position, but he hasn't been consistant since his accident. Maybe Council can fill that role with Oubre the perfect athletic 6th man? Martin is improving as well, just needs more consistency.

agree all the Philly teams hit walls and collapsed due to bad luck.
"ok, which one of you Kensingtonites bathed before we won the championship, you let the luck go down the drain"
The issue is the whole fucking team is hurt......maxey, batum, embiid, Melton.

Forum List

Back