What the hell will happen when the cop who killed George Floyd walks?

My next motion would be: "You have the wrong man on trial. The men who authorized my client to use this hold on a resisting suspect should be on trial -- the Chief of Police and the Mayor."

My next motion would be: "He was doing his job, which was to restrain a resisting suspect. You can't charge a police officer with murder for doing his job."

My next motion would be: "My client was charged with second degree murder to satiate the blood lust of the mob. In America, we don't use the courts to satisfy mob justice."

My next motion would be: "This murder trial is nothing more than a lynching. I say, let's drop the pretense that this is a court of law, grab a rope, and hang him from the tree outside."

If I was his defense lawyer I would file a simple motion, arguing: "My client cannot get a fair trial anywhere in the United States."

The judge would have to agree, and let my client walk.
lib-head-explode.jpg

The prosecution would say the officer kept his knee on Floyd’s neck for 4 minutes after another officer checked Floyd’s pulse and claimed he had no heartbeat.

My next motion would be: "You have the wrong man on trial. The men who authorized my client to use this hold on a resisting suspect should be on trial -- the Chief of Police and the Mayor."
I heard on the news that a knee on the neck IS NOT authorized by Police as a measure to restrain a suspect........

a knee on the shoulder is authorized

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
My next motion would be: "This jury knows that if they return a not guilty verdict for my client, their lives will be in danger. I say, no fair trial is possible, you must dismiss all charges."

At this point, I'm simply pointing out that all the shit that has been raised means the cop can't get a fair trial, and any judge worth his salt is going to know it.

Any trial of this cop would be a mockery of justice.

You will have to find twelve people of low IQ who have no idea any of this happened.

If I was Chauvins lawyer, I would quit and tell him to find someone else. Because what fair trial did he let George Floyd have?

If I was Chauvins lawyer, I would quit and tell him to find someone else. Because what fair trial did he let George Floyd have?
I guess you just think criminal suspects should be executed by the cops without trial.

If I was his defense lawyer I would file a simple motion, arguing: "My client cannot get a fair trial anywhere in the United States."

That won't happen because that is not how a change in venue works. The defense can request a change in venue because they believe a fair trial is not possible in the current venue. If the judge agrees he will allow a change in venue of his choice but he will not dismiss the case without hearing it. The system has a number of safeguards against prejudice toward the defendant. Both the prosecution and the defense can dismiss jurors for cause or no cause at all. The judge can set a side any verdict if he believes the jury is not acting impartially.

That won't happen because that is not how a change in venue works. The defense can request a change in venue because they believe a fair trial is not possible in the current venue. If the judge agrees he will allow a change in venue of his choice but he will not dismiss the case without hearing it. The system has a number of safeguards against prejudice toward the defendant. Both the prosecution and the defense can dismiss jurors for cause or no cause at all. The judge can set a side any verdict if he believes the jury is not acting impartially.

He's been tried and found guilty in the court of public opinion.

There is no impartial jury possible anywhere in America.

If he is convicted, it will be the same as lynching him.

It could happen.
When they had him on for manslaughter, I thought he'd get a fair penalty. But now with 2nd degree murder, when he clearly was not intentionally trying to murder the man, he may in fact walk. In fact I think he should.

Forum List

Back