What the Chauvin trial reveals.

fuck you. Look at what the mirrorthief said about Floyd. This is what we know you Republicans think about black people. So you can call us liberals Nazi's all you want. We know who the real kkk is. It's you guys in the GOP.
kkk is demofks, post a link where that transitioned ownership.

And actually, 810,000 whites work for or below minimum wage. Only 200,000 blacks. BUT, blacks only make up 10% of our population. So technically more whites would benefit from a min wage increase but percentage wise blacks would.

Who cares anyways? How was your weekend? I recently purchased a $2000 E bike. Just bought an extra battery for $500 so I can go twice as far. I clearly do not work for minimum wage. LOL
no body benefits dumb ass.
The way they raise it now, it's always long overdue. So what if they raised it to $10 hr instead of $15?

You could also make an argument that most employers pay more than minimum wage. Do Walmart workers work for minimum wage? Then why does Walmart raise their prices when Min Wage goes up? Shouldn't affect them at all.

If they lowered minimum wage to $4 hr would prices go back down?
why force private business on what to pay their employees? Businesses Pay is based off many variables and the US government doesn't know what all of those variables are. So, If the money isn't enough, go find a business that is paying what you want. So no, you still don't get it.

BTW, if a business needs you, they will pay much much better. Why do sports athletes make millions when McDonalds pays minimum wage?
I agree and get all that. But if our government looks and sees the masses are now the working poor all working on minimum wage and they are struggling and corporations don't care because all they care about it maximizing profits, then the government has to step in. Unions too. You just don't get it.
Why has CEO pay skyrocketed? That doesn't benefit anyone.

Why do CEO's today make more than CEO's 10 years ago?
why do sports athletes? oh and most of them are of color.
Because they are unionized.
there are millions of open jobs. Millions. and provide on the job training and pay above minimum wage. why don't these people go investigate the jobs that exist?

The reason most people can not apply for most jobs is that they are not a normal vocational skill.
For example, a person who installs a cable, satellite, or fiber optic network access to homes does not have to know computers, software, hardware, engineering or anything generic like that. Instead they have to know the exact arbitrary procedures created and used by that company. So then what is needed is specific and arbitrary experience in using just their methodology. Which is not likely transferable to any other company.
most people who really want to work put in an effort to learn something. On line college exists, my daughter graduates in four days, online to be a lawyer, has a job 40 hours a week over minimum wage. She has four kids and a disabled husband and one of my grandson's has Cerebral Palsey. Lazy people don't want to put in any effort. sad. and you coddle them, look at you.
Yea and I bet she never got help from no one.

How much do they get from Medicaid every month?
zip, zero. Railroad covered my son in law and his family. you have very little knowledge, if any, of americans.

George Floyd was the victim of the Great Society, the War on Poverty, and Affirmative Action, not Derek Chauvin.

George Floyd was the victim of Derek Chauvin kneeling on his neck for eight minutes cutting off oxygen.

All while being handcuffed and surrounded by three armed policemen
Really?

Because I notice you didn't cite anything to prove this.

fuck you. Look at what the mirrorthief said about Floyd. This is what we know you Republicans think about black people. So you can call us liberals Nazi's all you want. We know who the real kkk is. It's you guys in the GOP.
In American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans. As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party. It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right.

The "Southern Strategy" refers primarily to "top down" narratives of the political realignment of the South which suggest that Republican leaders consciously appealed to many white Southerners' racial grievances in order to gain their support. This top-down narrative of the Southern Strategy is generally believed to be the primary force that transformed Southern politics following the civil rights era. The scholarly consensus is that racial conservatism was critical in the post-Civil Rights Act realignment of the Republican and Democratic parties. Several aspects of this view have been debated by some historians and political scientists.

The perception that the Republican Party had served as the "vehicle of white supremacy in the South", particularly during the Goldwater campaign and the presidential elections of 1968 and 1972, made it difficult for the Republican Party to win back the support of black voters in the South in later years.[4] In 2005, Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) for exploiting racial polarization to win elections and ignoring the black vote.

In American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans. As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party. It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right.

The "Southern Strategy" refers primarily to "top down" narratives of the political realignment of the South which suggest that Republican leaders consciously appealed to many white Southerners' racial grievances in order to gain their support. This top-down narrative of the Southern Strategy is generally believed to be the primary force that transformed Southern politics following the civil rights era. The scholarly consensus is that racial conservatism was critical in the post-Civil Rights Act realignment of the Republican and Democratic parties. Several aspects of this view have been debated by some historians and political scientists.

The perception that the Republican Party had served as the "vehicle of white supremacy in the South", particularly during the Goldwater campaign and the presidential elections of 1968 and 1972, made it difficult for the Republican Party to win back the support of black voters in the South in later years.[4] In 2005, Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) for exploiting racial polarization to win elections and ignoring the black vote.
what's that have anything to do with the kkk? come on dude, can't find one right? can't name a republican member either.

Robert Byrd, go for one yourself.

And actually, 810,000 whites work for or below minimum wage. Only 200,000 blacks. BUT, blacks only make up 10% of our population. So technically more whites would benefit from a min wage increase but percentage wise blacks would.

Who cares anyways? How was your weekend? I recently purchased a $2000 E bike. Just bought an extra battery for $500 so I can go twice as far. I clearly do not work for minimum wage. LOL
The way they raise it now, it's always long overdue. So what if they raised it to $10 hr instead of $15?

You could also make an argument that most employers pay more than minimum wage. Do Walmart workers work for minimum wage? Then why does Walmart raise their prices when Min Wage goes up? Shouldn't affect them at all.

why force private business on what to pay their employees? Businesses Pay is based off many variables and the US government doesn't know what all of those variables are. So, If the money isn't enough, go find a business that is paying what you want. So no, you still don't get it.

BTW, if a business needs you, they will pay much much better. Why do sports athletes make millions when McDonalds pays minimum wage?
I agree and get all that. But if our government looks and sees the masses are now the working poor all working on minimum wage and they are struggling and corporations don't care because all they care about it maximizing profits, then the government has to step in. Unions too. You just don't get it.

there are millions of open jobs. Millions. and provide on the job training and pay above minimum wage. why don't these people go investigate the jobs that exist?

The reason most people can not apply for most jobs is that they are not a normal vocational skill.
For example, a person who installs a cable, satellite, or fiber optic network access to homes does not have to know computers, software, hardware, engineering or anything generic like that. Instead they have to know the exact arbitrary procedures created and used by that company. So then what is needed is specific and arbitrary experience in using just their methodology. Which is not likely transferable to any other company.
most people who really want to work put in an effort to learn something. On line college exists, my daughter graduates in four days, online to be a lawyer, has a job 40 hours a week over minimum wage. She has four kids and a disabled husband and one of my grandson's has Cerebral Palsey. Lazy people don't want to put in any effort. sad. and you coddle them, look at you.

I did not say it was impossible, but the field is rigged and jobs no longer mean stability.
Companies have switched from loyal employees for life, to minimal worker on demand as needed.

More then minimum wage is not much, and how demeaning does one have to get in order to keep the job?

I could not be a lawyers because I think the system is rigged, the laws arbitrary and criminal, and the system corrupt.
Like the fact there is no legal justification for the War on Drugs, 3 strikes laws, asset forfeiture, Prohibition, criminalizing prostitution, etc. That is easy to prove. For example, even an idiot can see the Bill of Rights and Constitution forbid any federal gun jurisdiction. But yet we still have hundreds of federal gun laws? What's up with that?

zip, zero. Railroad covered my son in law and his family. you have very little knowledge, if any, of americans.
Well that's different. How much does the RR pay him every year for the rest of his life because he was injured on the job?

what's that have anything to do with the kkk? come on dude, can't find one right? can't name a republican member either.

Do you think Republicans in the KKK admit they are members? Their policies hurt blacks. That's how we know they are members. Same way we know. You don't claim to be a member of the KKK but your positions suggest you are a card carrying member.

I did not say it was impossible, but the field is rigged and jobs no longer mean stability.
what does this mean? stable is what is available, stop jobs from going overseas, demand your president keep jobs here to put stable jobs for americans. It's what I voted for. I see you didn't, you voted demofk, and they are all about china jobs not american jobs.

Do you think Republicans in the KKK admit they are members? Their policies hurt blacks. That's how we know they are members. Same way we know. You don't claim to be a member of the KKK but your positions suggest you are a card carrying member.
Robert Byrd never cared, name one. come on man, you wish to call them that prove it, name one. I did, and he's after all that mumbo jumbo shit you posted. Demofk. kkk, own it

Well that's different. How much does the RR pay him every year for the rest of his life because he was injured on the job?
he took one lump sum two years ago, with benefits.

Can you name a Democrat who's in the KKK?

In 1960, the American South mostly voted for Democratic candidates and was solidly Democratic at the congressional level. By 2000, it was solidly Republican in presidential politics and mostly Republican at the congressional level. The transformation, clearly, had something to do with race and the Civil Rights Movement. But a provocative new paper suggests that Ku Klux Klan activity — as opposed to the broader phenomenon of racism — played a small but meaningful role in the process. Counties with more Klan activity saw a more dramatic shift toward the GOP, a shift that stands up to a range of reasonable statistical controls and suggests that the Klan was really a difference maker.

Notre Dame's Rory McVeigh, Brandeis's David Cunningham, and Yale's Justin Farrell looked at county-level presidential voting data from 1960 to 2000 in ten southern states, and coded each county based on whether a Klan chapter was established there between 1964 and 1966, when the organization was growing in response to the Johnson administration and Warren Court's increased vigilance on civil rights. Here are the counties identified:

Screenshot_2014-12-10_12.36.01.0.png

They conclude that having a Klan chapter present was associated with a 2 percent bigger increase in Republican support from 1960 to 1972, a 3.7 percent bigger increase from 1960 to 1980, a 4.9 percent bigger increase from 1960 to 1992, and a 3.4 percent bigger increase from 1960 to 2000.How could this have worked?

The Klan used to ally with Democrats​

But in the course of the 1960s, the northern wing of the Democrats joined with Republican elected officials (almost all of them northern) to pass the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts.

After that, southern presidential politics rapidly re-aligned with newly enfranchised black voters supporting Democrats and most whites voting for GOP candidates. If the Klan was successful in suppressing African-American turnout or in pulling white people into the electoral process, that would boost the fortunes of Republican candidates.

And at least in some cases, the Klan actively supported Republican candidates. "Certainly, generating support for specific Republican presidential candidates or the Republican Party in general was not a primary goal of the Klan," the authors write, but "while the Klan was perhaps best known for its violent tactics in the 1960s, the movement did invest significant energy in attempting to influence voting outcomes … Klan members advocated for Goldwater’s Republican candidacy in 1964 while incessantly criticizing Democratic incumbents’ intensifying support for civil rights."

In 1960, the American South mostly voted for Democratic candidates and was solidly Democratic at the congressional level. By 2000, it was solidly Republican in presidential politics and mostly Republican at the congressional level. The transformation, clearly, had something to do with race and the Civil Rights Movement. But a provocative new paper suggests that Ku Klux Klan activity — as opposed to the broader phenomenon of racism — played a small but meaningful role in the process. Counties with more Klan activity saw a more dramatic shift toward the GOP, a shift that stands up to a range of reasonable statistical controls and suggests that the Klan was really a difference maker.

Notre Dame's Rory McVeigh, Brandeis's David Cunningham, and Yale's Justin Farrell looked at county-level presidential voting data from 1960 to 2000 in ten southern states, and coded each county based on whether a Klan chapter was established there between 1964 and 1966, when the organization was growing in response to the Johnson administration and Warren Court's increased vigilance on civil rights. Here are the counties identified:

They conclude that having a Klan chapter present was associated with a 2 percent bigger increase in Republican support from 1960 to 1972, a 3.7 percent bigger increase from 1960 to 1980, a 4.9 percent bigger increase from 1960 to 1992, and a 3.4 percent bigger increase from 1960 to 2000.How could this have worked?

But in the course of the 1960s, the northern wing of the Democrats joined with Republican elected officials (almost all of them northern) to pass the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts.

After that, southern presidential politics rapidly re-aligned with newly enfranchised black voters supporting Democrats and most whites voting for GOP candidates. If the Klan was successful in suppressing African-American turnout or in pulling white people into the electoral process, that would boost the fortunes of Republican candidates.

And at least in some cases, the Klan actively supported Republican candidates. "Certainly, generating support for specific Republican presidential candidates or the Republican Party in general was not a primary goal of the Klan," the authors write, but "while the Klan was perhaps best known for its violent tactics in the 1960s, the movement did invest significant energy in attempting to influence voting outcomes … Klan members advocated for Goldwater’s Republican candidacy in 1964 while incessantly criticizing Democratic incumbents’ intensifying support for civil rights."

I named one Robert Byrd. Still waiting on yours.

he took one lump sum two years ago, with benefits.
So he qualifies for disability but doesn't take it? I know many Republicans who said they would never take it but then they got hurt and suddenly they justified taking the government cheese.

Since I don't know one who turned the money down I tend to not want to believe you. Plus if you were my daddy in law I wouldn't tell you I was taking it because clearly you would look down on him why? Because it's not happening to you.

How did your daughter go through law school? She must have enormous student debt.

So he qualifies for disability but doesn't take it? I know many Republicans who said they would never take it but then they got hurt and suddenly they justified taking the government cheese.

Since I don't know one who turned the money down I tend to not want to believe you. Plus if you were my daddy in law I wouldn't tell you I was taking it because clearly you would look down on him why? Because it's not happening to you.

How did your daughter go through law school? She must have enormous student debt.
I helped, her dad. You know, family. It's what families do. Many parents help their kids. you should read up.

you hate to look foolish so insult me, so demofkish.

I named one Robert Byrd. Still waiting on yours.
July 2020

A Republican senator in Alabama celebrated a Ku Klux Klan (KKK) member’s birthday at the same time hundreds were honouring the life of civil rights hero John Lewis.

State Representative Will Dismukes took part in an event marking the KKK grand wizard and former Confederate Army General, Nathan Bedford Forrest, as Alabama honoured the late Georgia Democrat this weekend.

Republicans and Democrats condemned Mr Dismikes decision to commemorate Forrest on a weekend that had honoured Lewis, who died with pancreatic cancer earlier this month aged 80.

See? Republicans are smart not to openly admit they are KKK members.

It's silly to even argue. I love how you Republicans deny the southern strategy happened.

Remember, black people were Republicans up until the Great Mississippi flood. Why did they stop supporting Republicans? Because they proved to be racists. Then the civil rights movement got white southerners to start voting GOP. It's history. Fact. Own it.

I helped, her dad. You know, family. It's what families do. Many parents help their kids. you should read up.

White privilege. What I thought.

he still doesn't know that Zimmerman isn't white. That mere fact blows up his entire thesis.

Zimmerman was white (according to Sealy) because Sealy's a racist who is exploiting blacks because Sealy is a racist.

It it politically served Sealy for Zimmerman to be Latino, Sealy would suddenly get that he's Latino.

It's like Asians and Jews who go back and forth as people of color or whites as Sealy and the Nazi Democrats exploit them. You're either a white man or Democrats exploit you. Or both as you point out with alternately Hispanic/white guy Zimmerman

Do cops pick on Latinos? Asians? Jews? Nope. Just blacks. And it doesn't even have to be in a hood. It could be a black guy living in the white suburbs. The cops treat them differently/worse.

Just blacks? Really? No other minorities, just blacks.

It's whatever serves Sealy's political agenda. For example, the Hispanic Zimmerman was according to Sealy "white" because he killed a black. If the cops had killed Zimmerman, then Sealy would be screaming they killed a Hispanic.

Cops killed an armed black man Jacob Blake and it was the cops fault. Then in DC the cops killed an unarmed white woman and it was the white woman's fault.

Sealy is a racist. He says he's pro black, but when a black tries to leave his Democrat plantation, Sealy and his gang of thugs show them that the Democrat party is the party of racism, slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow and segregation and blacks are still their property.

One thing Sealy does not care about are all the blacks killed by blacks because he hasn't figured out how to exploit that.

Sealy is a sick, manipulative fuck
Hispanics aren't complaining that cops are abusing/murdering them. As long as they don't have an accent they are treated just like you are by the cops.

You just love to make blanket statements about racial groups, don't you?

I wonder, did you ever hear of stop and frisk? That wasn't opposed just for targeting blacks, but rather blacks and Latinos.

How about this? :
Or this? : ‘We’re suffering the same abuses’: Latinos hear their stories echoed in police brutality protests
Or this? : Why aren't more people talking about Latinos killed by police?
Or this? : It’s time to talk about police violence against Latinos
Or this? : Say Their Names: Latino Lives Lost to Police Brutality (OPINION)
Or this? : OPINION: Stop ignoring the police killings of Latinos

And it's not just blacks and Latinos, of course : The forgotten minority in police shootings - CNN

But other minorities don't have any problems with police, right? :eusa_doh:

Yes they do. So you agree, the police need to be reformed.

Like I said to someone else yesterday, raising the minimum wage would mostly help the black community because a very large percentage of blacks work for minimum wage. Whites not so much.

So reforming police will mostly help blacks, but it will also help other minorities and even white guys like me who have run into dickhead cops with attitudes.

Did you see this morning a latino man was murdered by cops. It's bullshit. Has to stop.

Outrage grows as new video shows Latino man dying after Bay Area police pin him for 4 minutes

You told someone that a "very large percentage of blacks work for minimum wage," did you? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1.8% of blacks work at or below minimum wage. To compare, 1.2% of Asians, 1.3% of Latinos, and 1.4% of whites work at or below minimum wage.

As for those making minimum wage, for blacks it's 0.5%, Asians 0.1%, Latinos 0.3%, whites 0.3%.

Do you consider 0.5% to be a "very large percentage"?

There's nothing wrong with police reform, nor with helping minority communities. There is, however, something wrong with tossing around a bunch of generalizations (some of which are false) and incorrect statements.

I don’t know what to tell you if you don’t believe women and people of color will benefit most from raising minimum wage.

The demographic that will benefit the least is white men btw

Blacks benefit from losing their jobs. Keep em poor and dependent, your racist strategy. And if they try to leave the Democrat plantation, remind them that Democrats are also the party of lynching

This is just right wing bullshit. You can't stay on topic and you go off on conspiracy theories. Hard to debate with someone like you, stupid.

Liar. Everything the Democrat Nazi party does to blacks is designed to keep them poor and dependent on your racist, fascist party

Is the mirrorthief a conservative? Of course he is. Why would black people ever vote for the same people that nazi supports?

Almost all Republicans say Floyd was murdered, racist garbage. Pedal your hate shit somewhere else

I'm sure a lot of kids who have rich father's and father in laws can pass on disability payments. But most of you even if you are rich will still take those checks. Do you need a great fucking example? John McCain. Married to a millionaire and still getting government checks every month for being 100% disabled. First of all, he wasn't 100% disabled. If he was he wouldn't have been able to work. So he was a senator making 6 figures and would get a pension after he retired, also had a millionaire wife and yet still collected 100% disability payments every month his entire life even though the mother fucker hiked the Grand Canyon every year.

Rot in piece John.

Forum List

Back