What??? Saudi Arabia To The Rescue????

In reality the target is us.

OPEC’s idea is to try to knock out U.S. shale producers by driving prices lower than they can afford. That way Saudi Arabia, the cartel’s biggest exporter, can keep its market share in the U.S.

Can the U.S. Fracking Boom Survive With Oil 65 Per Barrel - Businessweek

U.S. production probably will decrease, even if it takes a while. At $65 a barrel, it’s unlikely the U.S. can keep up its record-setting pace of expanding oil production. U.S. oil has jumped from about 5 million barrels a day in 2008 to more than 9 million. Even before OPEC’s decision, forecasters were calling for a slowdown. Last May, for instance, the Energy Information Agency forecast that total U.S. production would peak just shy of 10 million barrels per day before 2020.

Surely you remember the 80's and how OPEC destroyed much US Exploration.

Oil prices plunge U.S. energy defiant in oil war with OPEC - Dec. 2 2014

Party like it's 1986? OPEC appears to be taking a page out of its 1986 playbook, when Saudi Arabia abruptly ramped up production and sent prices tumbling. The strategy worked, forcing many oil drillers in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana out of business and allowing the Saudis to clinch more market share.

One of the few times i agree with you on anything. The OP is also right, it's dual purpose. all the extra money Obama is letting flow into Iran is being counter balanced by low oil prices, which is good.

There are many fields of study that baffle me------one is economics and the other is politics. Calculus is easier

"Saudis block OPEC output cut, sending oil price plunging," Saudis block OPEC output cut sending oil price plunging Reuters

...a month ago....I realized that the Saudis were taking the bit in their teeth, and doing what the windbag in the White House wouldn't do.

The white house couldn't control oil output, idiot.

They could for 8 years when we had two 'oil men' in the White House according to the constant whining of you bedwetters. What happened?

"Saudis block OPEC output cut, sending oil price plunging," Saudis block OPEC output cut sending oil price plunging Reuters

...a month ago....I realized that the Saudis were taking the bit in their teeth, and doing what the windbag in the White House wouldn't do.

They could for 8 years when we had two 'oil men' in the White House according to the constant whining of you bedwetters. What happened?

good point------in some ways it did payoff to have some guys in the BUSINESS------with the Saudis and with -----usa oil men------etc etc

The Iraq war that Bush perpetrated added a premium to the price of oil.

"sanctions" you imbecile.

Let's teach you a new word:

sanc·tion
ˈsaNG(k)SH(ə)n/
noun
plural noun: sanctions
  1. 1.
    a threatened penalty for disobeying a law or rule. Google

OPEC did what Oblama could not, not reduce output....I didn't know that US oil production had been socialized...News from Polivinylchic is so fresh....

Another imbecile.

Check out "sanctions."

Here's a one-question IQ test:
As Iran continues to develop nucs, should we increase or decrease sanctions?

sanc·tion
ˈsaNG(k)SH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.

Be relevant, or be quiet.

Explain how sanctions could have lowered the price of oil.

The Iraq war that Bush perpetrated added a premium to the price of oil.

Bulletin: Bush is no longer President.
The moron other morons put in charge, is.

sanc·tion
ˈsaNG(k)SH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.

Let's remind all: you have only two modes-

1. You lie

or

2. You attempt to change the subject.

This is because you are a gutter snipe Liberal.

The point is restricting the mad mullahs of Iran.
Saudi Arabia is doing so.
Obama, the very opposite.

Bullshit.... They could expand fracking onto Federal lands and oil drilling off shore.

You are abysmally ignorant on the matter and it would serve you well to quit making a fool of yourself.

"....it would serve you well to quit making a fool of yourself."

Never stopped you.

OPEC’s idea is to try to knock out U.S. shale producers by driving prices lower than they can afford. That way Saudi Arabia, the cartel’s biggest exporter, can keep its market share in the U.S.

U.S. production probably will decrease, even if it takes a while. At $65 a barrel, it’s unlikely the U.S. can keep up its record-setting pace of expanding oil production. U.S. oil has jumped from about 5 million barrels a day in 2008 to more than 9 million. Even before OPEC’s decision, forecasters were calling for a slowdown. Last May, for instance, the Energy Information Agency forecast that total U.S. production would peak just shy of 10 million barrels per day before 2020.

Party like it's 1986? OPEC appears to be taking a page out of its 1986 playbook, when Saudi Arabia abruptly ramped up production and sent prices tumbling. The strategy worked, forcing many oil drillers in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana out of business and allowing the Saudis to clinch more market share.

So....you really are blind, huh?

sanc·tion
ˈsaNG(k)SH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.

Let's remind all: you have only two modes-

1. You lie

or

2. You attempt to change the subject.

This is because you are a gutter snipe Liberal.

The point is restricting the mad mullahs of Iran.
Saudi Arabia is doing so.
Obama, the very opposite.

You brought up the word sanctions and then made no point about sanctions.

Bullshit.... They could expand fracking onto Federal lands and oil drilling off shore.

You are abysmally ignorant on the matter and it would serve you well to quit making a fool of yourself.

"....it would serve you well to quit making a fool of yourself."

Never stopped you.

If you can help jroc make the case that opening up more US land and water for drilling could have dropped the price of oil by 50 bucks a barrel in 3 months,

by all means, entertain us with that.

So I guess the point of this thread is that the Islamic state of Saudi Arabia is a better ally to the US than Israel, when it comes to ME issues?

She went blind. But that just meant her nose worked better. She could sniff out the truth as to where I tossed her pull toy as if she could see, (unless we washed it first). She was easily distracted and fooled into looking in the wrong place at first, kind of like the American public. But eventually she would sniff out the truth, again much like the American public.

She went blind. But that just meant her nose worked better. She could sniff out the truth as to where I tossed her pull toy as if she could see, (unless we washed it first). She was easily distracted and fooled into looking in the wrong place at first, kind of like the American public. But eventually she would sniff out the truth, again much like the American public.

Aha! I see what you mean.....I saw the Obama job approval poll....

"In reality the target is us."

7. "How Saudia Arabia’s Gift Of Plunging Oil PricesSaves Christmas Season"

Almost the only G-20 government that is behaving sensibly is that of Saudi Arabia. As the sun sets with agonizing dilatoriness on the Obama administration, there is no sign of a resurrection of fiscal sanity, of any concern to reform “Affordable Care,” or even of a desire to palliate the shambles of the justice system with its ancillary constabulary and custodial abuses (though African Americans are severely provoked). For what promised to be a transformatively reforming regime, the very tired incumbent has turned out to be one of history’s great underachievers,......

Were it not for the Saudi tanking of the oil price — which is not aimed at shale-oil exploitation, much less at the tide of Russophilic activity in Eastern Europe, but at Iran’s nuclear program and Iranian and Russian support for the palsied Assad regime in Syria and envenoming of Hamas and Hezbollah —"
How Saudia Arabia s Gift Of Plunging Oil Prices Saves Christmas Season - The New York Sun

"...aimed...at Iran’s nuclear program and Iranian and Russian support for the palsied Assad regime in Syria and envenoming of Hamas and Hezbollah —"

Get it now???

Hey....good to see you use another word I taught you...'abysmally.'

The sincerest form of flattery....you recognize your betters.

Forum List

Back