What role does Affirmative Action play in the events playing out in Ferguson?

[

So the average Southerner was simply too "stupid" to know that he was being tricked into fighting for something else? Is THAT your contention, Joe?

I'm constantly amazed at the smug people on this board who think everyone below the Mason Dixon line are right out of Deliverance! Once and for all...the fact that someone has a "southern accent" does not mean they have a lower IQ than someone who does not! Indeed the fact that you DO think that, Joe leads me to the conclusion that YOU are not the brightest bulb on the tree!

Uh, yeah, guy, I really do think that Southerners are that piss-ignorant. and I'm sure the ones from 150 years ago before we instituted Public Education were even dumber, if that was possible.

Yes, I hear a Southern Accent, I treat them like I'm dealing with Corky the Retard.

[

So the average Southerner was simply too "stupid" to know that he was being tricked into fighting for something else? Is THAT your contention, Joe?

I'm constantly amazed at the smug people on this board who think everyone below the Mason Dixon line are right out of Deliverance! Once and for all...the fact that someone has a "southern accent" does not mean they have a lower IQ than someone who does not! Indeed the fact that you DO think that, Joe leads me to the conclusion that YOU are not the brightest bulb on the tree!

Uh, yeah, guy, I really do think that Southerners are that piss-ignorant. and I'm sure the ones from 150 years ago before we instituted Public Education were even dumber, if that was possible.

Yes, I hear a Southern Accent, I treat them like I'm dealing with Corky the Retard.

I'd rather deal with a person with a southern accent than some piece of shit from Jersey.

Seriously, you judge people by an accent? How is that ANY different than judging someone by their skin color?

What's laughable about that little rant, Joe is that what you're spouting is the current "Puppies and Sunshine" version of history that is being taught by liberal educators throughout the nation. They would have you believe that this country WAS built by slavery, genocide and exploitation...while ignoring the ambition, innovation and sacrifice that millions of Americans put into making this country great. They focus on the negative while ignoring what it was that made America the nation that the rest of the world wanted to live in.

Um, no, despite what you've heard on talk radio, they don't.

What they do in Public Schools, is teach to what's going to be on the test. I had a discussion with my then 14 year old niece about Columbus, and used a globe to explain to her what Columbus was trying to accomplish and why. But she hadn't heard any of this because 'it wasn't on the test".

And, yes, the kids really do need to hear about slavery and genocide.

[

I'd rather deal with a person with a southern accent than some piece of shit from Jersey.

Seriously, you judge people by an accent? How is that ANY different than judging someone by their skin color?

Skin tones don't denote culture or intelligence. Accents do.

Accents denote where a person was raised, nothing more. Certainly not intelligence. Bostonians have some of the worst accents in the world, yet I'm quite sure there are intelligent people in Boston

You sir are no better than the racists you rail on about.

[

Accents denote where a person was raised, nothing more. Certainly not intelligence. Bostonians have some of the worst accents in the world, yet I'm quite sure there are intelligent people in Boston

Yup, where you were raised.

So if you were raised in a place where they fly the Confederate Flag like that is something to be proud of and they all talk about how Jay-a-zus hates the Gays and the Liburels, it's not a big guess that you are going to be piss ignorant.

[

Gee, Joey...since Washington, Madison and Jefferson were Southerners...I take it that you find THEM too "piss-ignorant" to have held office as well?

Bill Clinton? Hillary? Newt Gingrich? Martin Luther King? Lyndon Johnson? Jimmy Carter? Too "piss-ignorant" to have held their positions in society?

Just how stupid ARE you? Seriously...

[

Yup, where you were raised.

So if you were raised in a place where they fly the Confederate Flag like that is something to be proud of and they all talk about how Jay-a-zus hates the Gays and the Liburels, it's not a big guess that you are going to be piss ignorant.

You do realize that not everyone with a southern accent believes "Jay a zus" hate they gays don't you?

Most people in the south don't care about gays, because most people in the south aren't gay.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Joe still thinks Bull Connor is the Police Chief in Birmingham, Alabama and George Wallace is sitting in the Governor's mansion.

What's more "racist" these days...Atlanta, Georgia or Ferguson, Missouri? Doh!!!

[

Gee, Joey...since Washington, Madison and Jefferson were Southerners...I take it that you find THEM too "piss-ignorant" to have held office as well?

Bill Clinton? Hillary? Newt Gingrich? Martin Luther King? Lyndon Johnson? Jimmy Carter? Too "piss-ignorant" to have held their positions in society?

Just how stupid ARE you? Seriously...

Well, I'm not stupid enough to try to rationalize a war so a few rich white people could keep raping their slaves.

You've obviously missed my posts where I refer to the Founders as the "Founding Slave Rapists". But they did save us from the horror of being Canadians, I guess.

Besides the fact Hillary is not a Southerner, let me look at your list.

Bill Clinton- Actually, proves you can take the boy out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the boy.

Dr. King was a voice of reason and sense in a society that treated him like a second class citizen.

Johnson had his flaws. Carter had more of them.

But you do get when you tell a guy to go out and fight so someone can do something you can never afford to do, and benefits you and no possible way, that's kind of stupid, right?

I have a sneaking suspicion that Joe still thinks Bull Connor is the Police Chief in Birmingham, Alabama and George Wallace is sitting in the Governor's mansion.

What's more "racist" these days...Atlanta, Georgia or Ferguson, Missouri? Doh!!!

Well, they are both kind of Southern.

Do I think the South has progressed? Yes. I do.

do I think it's progressed far enough? Not really.

We don't need to "progress" thank you very much

Being "progressive" =/= being intelligent.

[

Also, don't overlook the fact that about 3/4 of the blacks admitted to Harvard and other prestigious universities are either bi-racial or are immigrants or the children of immigrants.

The native African-American population that AA was set up to serve is being cast aside as immigrant blacks or biracial blacks take advantage.

Then you should change the laws to make sure that original group are the ones being helped.

I'm past the point of caring. I want all Affirmative Action torn down.
Translation: you want to return to the kind of clandestine affirmative action that only benefitted white males.

[

Also, don't overlook the fact that about 3/4 of the blacks admitted to Harvard and other prestigious universities are either bi-racial or are immigrants or the children of immigrants.

The native African-American population that AA was set up to serve is being cast aside as immigrant blacks or biracial blacks take advantage.

Then you should change the laws to make sure that original group are the ones being helped.

Translation: you want to return to the kind of clandestine affirmative action that only benefitted white males.

I assume that you're a college educated black man. You clearly show how Affirmative Action has been a failure for you argue with the sophistication of an 8th-grade teenage white boy.

[

I assume that you're a college educated black man. You clearly show how Affirmative Action has been a failure for you argue with the sophistication of an 8th-grade teenage white boy.
My narrative is often attacked by people like you who have been stopped in their tracks by it.

[

I'd be happy if you'd just stop using your skin color as a crutch and or a bludgeon depending on circumstances.

well, no, when you are butt ignorant compared to the European and Japanese, you really do need to progress.

well, no, when you are butt ignorant compared to the European and Japanese, you really do need to progress.

Sir, not agreeing with your OPINIONS does not mean one is ignorant.

Laughably, Joe equates owning a business to being a rapist then admits to owning a business.

Raped anyone lately, Joe?

He then proceeds to argue that judging a person entirely based on their accent is better than judging a person entirely based on their skin color.

What about the blacks who speak with a southern accent, Joe? Are they ignorant and stupid too?

Forum List

Back