What religion with the least violent followers?

The topic is about which religion has the "least" violent practitioners today per capita. I said Buddhism. Does anybody else have a nominee?

Hmmm...Wicca (or whatever they call it these days) might fill the category.

Curious I am, so google I went..."Violence and Buddhism"

Interesting stuff, especially when it gets into Sri Lankha, Burma, Thailand, etc. Maybe the adherents of Buddhism are not as non-violent as we thought.

The topic is about which religion has the "least" violent practitioners today per capita. I said Buddhism. Does anybody else have a nominee?

And all this time I was under the impression that 'Buddhism' was a agnostic social group dedicated to self improvement using martial arts and finding ones place in the universe! Then again maybe the little chubby Budda statue is a God to be worshiped...naw ya already told me he is not a God just a loved Monk!
:huh:

Curious I am, so google I went..."Violence and Buddhism"

Interesting stuff, especially when it gets into Sri Lankha, Burma, Thailand, etc. Maybe the adherents of Buddhism are not as non-violent as we thought.

Plenty of violence among the Buddhist Sinhalese in Sri Lanka. But to be fair they are only defending themselves against the terrorist Tamils, who are Hindu. It is a pathetic scene and some of the Buddhist clergy are vocally pro-violence.

And all this time I was under the impression that 'Buddhism' was a agnostic social group dedicated to self improvement using martial arts and finding ones place in the universe! Then again maybe the little chubby Budda statue is a God to be worshiped...naw ya already told me he is not a God just a loved Monk!
:huh:

Any theologians out there? Does it have to have a god to be a religion? For some people Buddhism is a philosophy, for some a religion. It can be approached either way.

Plenty of violence among the Buddhist Sinhalese in Sri Lanka. But to be fair they are only defending themselves against the terrorist Tamils, who are Hindu. It is a pathetic scene and some of the Buddhist clergy are vocally pro-violence.

I guess the bottom line is that humans are humans...good, bad and ugly!

Forum List

Back