What Real Successes Have the GOP had in the 21st Century??

J6

George Santos

J6 is another exposed Democrat scandal / failure. Evidence has proven undeniably Pelosi, Schumer, Raskin, the FBI, etc... failed to protect the Capitol. Had they called on the Natl Guard or given the Capitol Police the resources they needed (like the fencing used successfully numerous times before) to protect the Capitol J6 would never have happened.

Had the FBI acted to PREVENT J6 and PROTECT the Capitol instead ofadmittedkly running 3 separate 'Entrapment Schemes' (for the Democrats) against Americans J6 would never have happened.

Santos? You mean the GOP's version of Biden, Blumenthol, Warren, Dolenz, etc...

TrumpLaugh.jpg

MASSIVE FAIL!

Is a raging success. There’s a reason it’s politically untouchable.

Yes! A program that was supposed to cover 50 million Americans ending up covering 22 million,most of whom already had insurance. The cost was over 3 times what was promised. People’s health care costs skyrocketed.
Only in the twisted mind of leftism can this be touted as a success.

Clinton also handed GWB a budget surplus.

LBJ handed Nixon a budget surplus and in return we got the southern strategy.

Reagan turned our country from a creditor one to a debtor.

The Great Depression.

The Great Recession

The Great Recession

Watergate

Iran/contra

Arms for hostages with Iran

Asking Ukraine for a political favor

Grafting and pandering to white nationalists
Lies!

Yes! A program that was supposed to cover 50 million Americans ending up covering 22 million,most of whom already had insurance. The cost was over 3 times what was promised. People’s health care costs skyrocketed.

Bullshit. At the time it passed it was projected to eventually reduce the uninsurance rate to 8% and cover ~32 million people. Today the uninsurance rate is 8% (an all-time low) and 35 million people have coverage through the ACA's coverage expansions.

Meanwhile, it cost way less than expected. At the time it passed, they told us it would cost a little over $900 billion in its first decade. It was supposed to be paid for over that period by finding ~$500 billion in savings in Medicare, with new tax revenues covering the remainder. In reality, it ended up costing only about $300 billion over that first decade, yet the Medicare savings turned out to be close to $900 billion. So it cost $600 billion less than expected and saved $400 billion more than expected. The U.S. came out a trillion dollars ahead on the deal.

An no, overall costs didn't skyrocket. The post-ACA 2010s was the lowest period of health care cost growth in American history. Other than a very brief period at the end of the '90s, there's never been anything like it. Let me say this again for you: health care cost growth plunged after the ACA passed.

Sometimes you've just got to stop and think about what sort of brain trauma happened to this dude
It’s a combination of Sturge Weber Syndrome, a very traditional upbringing and dealing with you motherfuckers for more than 48 years.

Show me ANYTHING in the US Constitution that gives the Federal Government any economic power other than printing money.

I can't think of any at all

Bush inherited a balanced budget, passed trillions in useless do nothing spending bills that blew up the balanced budget and led to minimal economic growth. Then Bush started 2 wars and totally mismanaged those wars resulting in total devastation for America. Bush then crashed the economy epically, leaving America in ruin.

Trump inherited a US annual deficit of $587B, passed massive spending bills like Bush, blew up the deficit viciously, had a weak low growth economy (only +2.13% GDP growth in 2019) and then blew up the budget worse with $3.1T deficit in 2020 (Biden has dropped that all the way down to $1.1T in 2022). Trump also failed miserably at a world health crisis with the US having the most cases and most deaths in the entire world. Trump also incited a riot at the Capitol based on total lies.

Republicans like to fabricate success, but I see no real deal big boy successes from Bush or Trump, only failures, blow ups, riots, impeachments, deficits, recessions, and weak low GDP growth.
Where are the GOP successes?

You're a bank teller, I guess that's supposed to mean you know something.

Clinton's balanced budgets occurred with the republicans leading the house and senate. It was a time of a dot.com explosion and chinese trade was greatly enhanced.

That chinese trade is one reason why you earn a low wage Teller.

Clinton finished with a recession. Bush took over with a dot.com crash and 9-11.

This is a conversation of cause and effect, which you know nothing about.

I stopped reading there, but since balanced budgets was read, now you have your answer. In your mind, which you'll soon forget, the Republicans were responsible for Clinton's balanced budget.

Hilarious

It’s a combination of Sturge Weber Syndrome, a very traditional upbringing and dealing with you motherfuckers for more than 48 years.

Show me ANYTHING in the US Constitution that gives the Federal Government any economic power other than printing money.
You should read it first.

Bullshit. At the time it passed it was projected to eventually reduce the uninsurance rate to 8% and cover ~32 million people. Today the uninsurance rate is 8% (an all-time low) and 35 million people have coverage through the ACA's coverage expansions.

Meanwhile, it cost way less than expected. At the time it passed, they told us it would cost a little over $900 billion in its first decade. It was supposed to be paid for over that period by finding ~$500 billion in savings in Medicare, with new tax revenues covering the remainder. In reality, it ended up costing only about $300 billion over that first decade, yet the Medicare savings turned out to be close to $900 billion. So it cost $600 billion less than expected and saved $400 billion more than expected. The U.S. came out a trillion dollars ahead on the deal.

An no, overall costs didn't skyrocket. The post-ACA 2010s was the lowest period of health care cost growth in American history. Other than a very brief period at the end of the '90s, there's never been anything like it. Let me say this again for you: health care cost growth plunged after the ACA passed.

You are completely insane.

Bush inherited a balanced budget, passed trillions in useless do nothing spending bills that blew up the balanced budget and led to minimal economic growth. Then Bush started 2 wars and totally mismanaged those wars resulting in total devastation for America. Bush then crashed the economy epically, leaving America in ruin.

Trump inherited a US annual deficit of $587B, passed massive spending bills like Bush, blew up the deficit viciously, had a weak low growth economy (only +2.13% GDP growth in 2019) and then blew up the budget worse with $3.1T deficit in 2020 (Biden has dropped that all the way down to $1.1T in 2022). Trump also failed miserably at a world health crisis with the US having the most cases and most deaths in the entire world. Trump also incited a riot at the Capitol based on total lies.

Republicans like to fabricate success, but I see no real deal big boy successes from Bush or Trump, only failures, blow ups, riots, impeachments, deficits, recessions, and weak low GDP growth.

But they have no successful results at all.
They both had weak economies with low GDP growth, they both had mega massive deficits, Bush had his miserable Mid East failure, Trump the epic covid failure and riots at the Capitol. They both failed as presidents with no success to speak of.

yes all they can do is fake scandal monger.
But when it comes to policy and governing, they fail miserably.

Some have told us how awful social security is.

Clinton also handed GWB a budget surplus.

LBJ handed Nixon a budget surplus and in return we got the southern strategy.

Reagan turned our country from a creditor one to a debtor.

The Great Depression.

The Great Recession

The Great Recession

Watergate

Iran/contra

Arms for hostages with Iran

Asking Ukraine for a political favor

Grafting and pandering to white nationalists

Sure, go run on voting it out…

Is a raging success. There’s a reason it’s politically untouchable.

Sycophants will believe anything.

J6

George Santos

Sometimes you've just got to stop and think about what sort of brain trauma happened to this dude.

Hilarious

You should read it first.

Briefly coming into contact with reality must be jarring for you.

Trump is unfit for office. He thinks it is a Playstation game...

He is a bit sleepy. The show runs without him mostly.

It must be frustrating that you're so helpless to stop this supposed theft.

Are you always this powerless?

You sure you're not in a cult? Kinda looks like you are.

Regardless, he remains the subject of their inexplicable adoration. Their only reservation is whether he has hurt himself with his words, behaviors and actions, and they blame the media for those perceptions. As always.

Unless legal problems trip him up, he could win the White House again. The Dems are stuck, since they dare not mess publicly with Biden too much.

Horrible choices like this are a result of a political "system" (ha) that has clearly chased away our Best & Brightest.

I don't get the cult like adoration. Especially by the evangelicals. I might have mentioned on this forum before but I was sitting on Wright Patt at a bar drinking a beer when Trump was on TV all the time for paying off the stripper from an event when Trump's wife was home having babies. Anyway the bar was very pro Trump, the bartender actually said "I just thank God President Trump brought God back to America." I spewed my beer across the bar. Trump is like the opposite of what they think of him. Truly a cult like leader. Anyway I hope one side or the other nominates someone not fatally flawed.

I've put a lot of effort -- seven years' worth -- into understanding this, and my understanding still only goes so far. I've said a thousand times here, it's not about him. This is about meeting a need that these people had/have, so the key is getting to the bottom of the need. And yeah, this religious connection -- around this person, of all people -- just makes understanding this all that much more challenging. Cult leaders somehow have an innate ability to recognize such a need/weakness and somehow tap into it, leverage it. We have to get to a point at which we understand the need.

It seems the biggest criticism of the Democrats is their inability to stop or reverse failed GOP policy.
WOW

Its already been established that the Republicans fucked up America badly over the past 20+ years. They inherited a balanced budget in 2000 and squandered it and then blew up the economy badly, they started the war in Iraq and mismanaged it and it fell into total chaos, they fucked up covid badly, Trump spent like a drunken sailor and ramped up annual deficits from $587B in 2016 to $3.1T in 2020. The list goes on and on.

When you try and hold the GOP accountable for their repeated failures and bad policy the response is pathetic, "the dems didn't do enough to stop the GOP therefore the GOP failure is the fault of the dems !"

Its laughable !
When are the republicans going to be held accountable for their consistent failure? Its the dems fault that the republicans have failed so badly.

howlers.jpg

The SCOTUS of their dreams. Too bad it seems to be more destructive to the institution then they imagined.

As for the economy, that’s not the a government’s problem… as they don’t have a legitimate mandate to get involved in private business.
And yet the government interferes massively in the economy and the market. $1.4 TRILLION every YEAR in tax expenditures which directly interfere in the private market.

Yet any time the idea of banning tax expenditures comes up, the so-called "conservatives" scream like welfare mothers.

I think your post is evidence that their successes need to be countered by the left's failures. If the right didn't have any successes you wouldn't feel the need to attack them, now would you?

And yet the government interferes massively in the economy and the market. $1.4 TRILLION every YEAR in tax expenditures which directly interfere in the private market.

Yet any time the idea of banning tax expenditures comes up, the so-called "conservatives" scream like welfare mothers.
Specifically please, what does "banning tax expenditures" mean?

Forum List

Back