What percentage of Democrats are anti Republican because they are LGBT’ers of some kind?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
What has prompted this question?
Friends of our family and longtime Republicans recently found out that they have a gay son…they voted Democrat in the last two election cycles, they have decided to set real politics and the future of the nation aside to vote primarily on the social issues / structure of today. What precentage of Democrats do the same? Any data on this?

What's their rationale for switching parties.

If their having a gay son is considered bad to them, then the deed is already done.

So what's their rationale?

What's their rationale for switching parties.

If their having a gay son is considered bad to them, then the deed is already done.

So what's their rationale?
They believe Republicans aren’t “accepting” enough of LGBT’ers.

What has prompted this question?
Friends of our family and longtime Republicans recently found out that they have a gay son…they voted Democrat in the last two election cycles, they have decided to set real politics and the future of the nation aside to vote primarily on the social issues / structure of today. What precentage of Democrats do the same? Any data on this?

The conservative animosity against gay folks has always been puzzling. Its mostly because they were told to, raised to believe a certain way. And its so easy for them to see LGBT folks as the 'other'.

I think having a loved one coming out, its a lot harder. You have to look at them as a human first.....and most folks examine what they know about the person they love vs what they were told to think about the LGBT folks.

Most conservatives I know personally are good people....and when faced with this opportunity for self reflection, embrace the people they love and abandon the toxic hostility to gay folks they've been raised with.

The conservative animosity against gay folks has always been puzzling. Its mostly because they were told to, raised to believe a certain way. And its so easy for them to see LGBT folks as the 'other'.

I think having a loved one coming out, its a lot harder. You have to look at them as a human first.....and most folks examine what they know about the person they love vs what they were told to think about the LGBT folks.

Most conservatives I know personally are good people....and when faced with this opportunity for self reflection, embrace the people they love and abandon the toxic hostility to gay folks they've been raised with.
I don’t know any Republicans that are hostile toward gay people but I don’t know a single Republican that likes the idea of glamorizing and instigating homosexuality either.

Long time Republicans have decided to vote Democrat strictly because their son is gay and Republicans don’t glamorize and instigate homosexuality like Democrats do.
Oh, I initially read it as Democrat to Republican.

Interesting. And these people are Black you say?

Perhaps off topic, Or to the point: some off us have gay or trans relatives. Many of us have lost children to cancer, drugs or mental illness, accidents. Lost in car accident or just got shot by cops because (black) culture glorifies defying police...Democrats went from a party of conscience TO debasing themselves pandering the lesser angles of our mercies. This has to stop. Stop voting for democrats, just STOP. Reform them, they have become the party exclusion and divisiveness, bitter enemies of freedom. End this.

I am Lesbian! Of course this is a damn good reason to fight you fundie bastards that want to limit my rights and put me into the fucking kitchen. Oh'yess, you also want to put us in the kitchen and treat us like second or third class citzens like the taliban.

I hate the republican party.

Perhaps off topic, Or to the point: some off us have gay or trans relatives. Many of us have lost children to cancer, drugs or mental illness, accidents. Lost in car accident or just got shot by cops because (black) culture glorifies defying police...Democrats went from a party of conscience TO debasing themselves pandering the lesser angles of our mercies. This has to stop. Stop voting for democrats, just STOP. Reform them, they have become the party exclusion and divisiveness, bitter enemies of freedom. End this.

What does being gay or trans have to do with 'exclusion and divisiveness, bitter enemies of freedom'? Wouldn't freedom *include* gay folks? Wouldn't we want them to feel as safe and welcome as any other member of society?

Y'all lost the gay marriage debate because you couldn't come up with rational reason why gay folks should be excluded. And your description of gays and lesbians didn't match the personal experience of so many Americans.

You don't need to make the same mistake twice. They're just folks.

I am Lesbian! Of course this is a damn good reason to fight you fundie bastards that want to limit my rights and put me into the fucking kitchen. Oh'yess, you also want to put us in the kitchen and treat us like second or third class citzens like the taliban.

I hate the republican party.
Not to worry, you're the last one we'd want to get anywhere near a kitchen.

Forum List

Back