What makes the trial unfair?

I think what makes it unfair is the perversion of the law.

It is illogical to me that you can claim self-defense for following someone and then picking a fight with them, and that the person you've picked a fight with deserves death if they should actually defend themselves against you.
trayvon threw the 1st and only punches . you are just pissed because a hispanic man defended himself !! that makes you a racist !!

Your son or daughter is walking home in the rain, it is growing dark, she is on the phone with a friend and eating the candy she just bought from a nearby convenience store. The hood is up on her jacket when a man starts following her in a car. She mentions this to her friend on the phone. Soon your daughter walks behind a building, and the man in the car gets out and follows her. Soon they are so close, fear of each other causes a scuffle. Your daughter does not realize the man is armed with a gun. She fights the man to the ground and in the melee his head is injured. He pulls a gun and kills your daughter. How do you feel? What gave him the right to follow and pursue your son or daughter.

nice story, but thats not how it happened. :cuckoo: why do you and others refuse to accept the facts that the jury accepted?

For my black friends:

Yes, there were gross injustices in the past where blacks were put in prison of put to death unfairly. That is a sad part of our history.

But you cannot get even for those injustices by punishing innocent white people today.

You need to stop following idiots like Sharpton, Jackson, and Farrakhan. Put the past in the past and focus on keeping your black males like TM from ending up like he did. Get rid of the misplaced anger, stay home and take care of the kids you produce, respect your women and stop treating them like whores.

Nope. Not arrogant at all.

He was found not guilty because of doubt. Nobody alive except Zimmerman knows what really happened.

Any of you pretending you know what really happened are imbeciles.

It's not called the CRIMINAL justice system for nothing.

That being said?

Zimmerman is not guilty.

I suspect even his most ardent supporters know he was guilty of causing the events leading up the confrontation to happen, but as to his guilt surrounding the murder itself?

The jury had reasonable doubt that he set out to or even meant to kill his the victim.

THE JURY is in a far better position to have made that decision that I or anyone here is, so bitching about it is, in my opinion a waste of time.

Your son or daughter is walking home in the rain, it is growing dark, she is on the phone with a friend and eating the candy she just bought from a nearby convenience store. The hood is up on her jacket when a man starts following her in a car. She mentions this to her friend on the phone. Soon your daughter walks behind a building, and the man in the car gets out and follows her. Soon they are so close, fear of each other causes a scuffle. Your daughter does not realize the man is armed with a gun. She fights the man to the ground and in the melee his head is injured. He pulls a gun and kills your daughter. How do you feel? What gave him the right to follow and pursue your son or daughter.

My daughter wouldn't be in the dark, in the rain, in someone's side yard.

If someone confronted or followed my daughter she would call 911.

She would run. She we would be more than 100 yards away four minutes later.

Despite the ruling, I do believe the trial was unfair.

The Prosecution was allowed to bring up Zimmerman's past while Trayvon's was off limits.

The additional charges added at the end of the trial after everyone had rested their cases.

The Judge was very hostile to the defense team throughout the trial.

Yet despite all this, the correct ruling came down.

Raise your hand if you think George Zimmerman is innocent of wrong doing.

No one except Zimmerman knows if he committed murder or manslaughter, or if he merely, appropriately, acted in self-defense.

I'm surprised more people around here aren't willing to acknowledge that.

We know.

The jury made the determination of fact = justified self-defense.

For my black friends:

Yes, there were gross injustices in the past where blacks were put in prison of put to death unfairly. That is a sad part of our history.

But you cannot get even for those injustices by punishing innocent white people today.

You need to stop following idiots like Sharpton, Jackson, and Farrakhan. Put the past in the past and focus on keeping your black males like TM from ending up like he did. Get rid of the misplaced anger, stay home and take care of the kids you produce, respect your women and stop treating them like whores.

That's quite a statement considering that all you really know is that there was sufficient doubt to find Zimmerman guilty.

Raise your hand if you think George Zimmerman is innocent of wrong doing.

No one except Zimmerman knows if he committed murder or manslaughter, or if he merely, appropriately, acted in self-defense.

We know.

No, a jury's opinion is an opinion, not a fact.

I doubt that you believe the OJ jury made a determination of fact = OJ wasn't the killer.

We know.

I doubt that you believe the OJ jury made a determination of fact = OJ wasn't the killer.

The jury, through their decision, is a trier and determiner of fact under the law.

For my black friends:

Exactly!

And, if blacks need to be followers of some black leader, there are far better examples than the aforementioned race hustlers and poverty pimps.

Clarence Thomas.
Bill Cosby.
Allan West.
Thomas Sowell.
Deneen Borelli.

Just to name a few.

What makes the trial unfair? It was done exactly like any other trial and I feel it was totally fair. Why won't people just accept that all the evidence supports Zimmerman????

What kind of justice do you people want?:eusa_eh:

As most of you know, I did not get to watch the trial, but I have to say from the bits and pieces that I was able to pick up "all the evidence" did NOT support GZ. The case was clearly a case of reasonable doubt. The prosecution did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ was not fearful of losing his life.

That is the way things are supposed to work. GZ was found not guilty not because he was proven innocent but rather because he was not proven to be guilty. GZ could very well have been the attacker and TM could have been just walking back home as the prosecution tried to prove, which would make GZ guilty, but our laws put the burden of proof on the state not the defense. That is why GZ is a free man today and that is a good thing. We do not want things any different. We do not want to have to prove our innocence instead of requiring the state to prove our guilt.

The system worked this time. Maybe a guilty man walked yesterday, but the state did not prove it. I am thankful that we have the system we have even if the occasional guilty man should walk free.

My sympathies go out to TM's parents. I cannot imagine what they have gone through, and to tell the truth if it were my son, I would want the killer's head on a platter myself, but I think if they could separate themselves from this case, they would feel the same way. The tragedy is that TM lost his life needlessly. May God bring peace to his parents.

Immie

We know.

The jury, through their decision, is a trier and determiner of fact under the law.

Does that mean something that can be stated in coherent English?

A jury's decision of guilty does not establish as fact that a criminal act was committed. Otherwise there would be no such thing as a wrongful conviction of an innocent person.

A jury's decision of not guilty does not establish as fact that no criminal act was committed. Otherwise no guilty person would ever go free.

The facts of a case are established before there is ever a trial. They are established by the actual actions of the accused.

Forum List

Back