What makes the trial unfair?

I think what makes it unfair is the perversion of the law.

It is illogical to me that you can claim self-defense for following someone and then picking a fight with them, and that the person you've picked a fight with deserves death if they should actually defend themselves against you.

That is your interpretation of the events the evidence obviously shown otherwise. Your opinion driven by the racist news media doesn't count it is what was found in court.

A jury's decision of not guilty does not establish as fact that no criminal act was committed.

It does as a fact of law.

GZ trial = Was the criminal act of Murder 2nd degree committed ?

Finding of fact by jury = NO it was justifiable self-defense.

If it was just the jury's opinion you could just keep going on until you found a jury with the same opinion.

No, a jury's opinion is an opinion, not a fact.

I doubt that you believe the OJ jury made a determination of fact = OJ wasn't the killer.

The jury, through their decision, is a trier and determiner of fact under the law.

Does that mean something that can be stated in coherent English?

A jury's decision of guilty does not establish as fact that a criminal act was committed. Otherwise there would be no such thing as a wrongful conviction of an innocent person.

A jury's decision of not guilty does not establish as fact that no criminal act was committed. Otherwise no guilty person would ever go free.

The facts of a case are established before there is ever a trial. They are established by the actual actions of the accused.

So what I get out of what you are saying is that just because Zimmerman was found not guilty IN A COURT OF LAW, he is still guilty because the MSM told you so.

For my black friends:

Yes, there were gross injustices in the past where blacks were put in prison of put to death unfairly. That is a sad part of our history.

But you cannot get even for those injustices by punishing innocent white people today.

You need to stop following idiots like Sharpton, Jackson, and Farrakhan. Put the past in the past and focus on keeping your black males like TM from ending up like he did. Get rid of the misplaced anger, stay home and take care of the kids you produce, respect your women and stop treating them like whores.

That's quite a statement considering that all you really know is that there was sufficient doubt to find Zimmerman guilty.

the media and the black race baiters that I mentioned had found GZ guilty before the trial even began. they were not interested in finding out what really happened or what the law says, they were out for blood and revenge------------and publicity.

sorry,but most of the racism in this country today resides in the black leadership and the liberal media.

Raise your hand if you think George Zimmerman is innocent of wrong doing.

No one except Zimmerman knows if he committed murder or manslaughter, or if he merely, appropriately, acted in self-defense.

I'm surprised more people around here aren't willing to acknowledge that.

Legal definition of manslaughter:
""The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection."""
manslaughter legal definition of manslaughter. manslaughter synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

I am appalled that these stupid jurors couldn't at the very least come to a no-brainer decision like this.

An atty last night stated that she didn't know why the prosecution didn't argue and show by the photographs that the fight took place on the grass, not the sidewalk. Martin dropped like a rock after Zimmerman shot him, and as you can see, it was on the lawn. This would have proved that Zimmeran was lying about the "wounds" to the back of his head. I've always said they were self-inflicted. The police station video corroborates that.

trayvon-martin-death-photos-6-27-13-1.jpg

Last edited:

No one except Zimmerman knows if he committed murder or manslaughter, or if he merely, appropriately, acted in self-defense.

""The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection."""
manslaughter legal definition of manslaughter. manslaughter synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

I am appalled that these stupid jurors couldn't at the very least come to a no-brainer decision like this.

If it was self-defense for the primary charge it was self-defense for the lessor.

No, a jury's opinion is an opinion, not a fact.

I doubt that you believe the OJ jury made a determination of fact = OJ wasn't the killer.

The jury, through their decision, is a trier and determiner of fact under the law.

A jury's decision of guilty does not establish as fact that a criminal act was committed. Otherwise there would be no such thing as a wrongful conviction of an innocent person.

A jury's decision of not guilty does not establish as fact that no criminal act was committed. Otherwise no guilty person would ever go free.

The facts of a case are established before there is ever a trial. They are established by the actual actions of the accused.

In our system of justice the ruling of a jury does determine the facts of the case. They don't always get it right---OJ clearly murdered two people and got off, Casey Anthony killed her daughter and got off----but in this case the facts supported the jury verdict.

self defense applies on both charges. you need to get over your racist blindness and see the world as it really is.

Who said the trial was unfair?

It always was about the process. I know you Conservatives didn't want charges to even be filed or a thorough investigation to take place....you just wanted Zimmerman's word to be taken at face value.

It is what it is....I said the same thing when you guys were all homicidal about Casey Anthony....there wasn't enough evidence to eliminate reasonable doubt....same with this case...I'm just glad that it saw a courtroom.

His word wasn't taken at face value. The Sanford DA said there wasn't enough evidence to convict him.

If you had your way? It would've been. Hey
...it's great that Zimmerman skated on his third felony arrest....good for you....good for him.

But I, as a reasonable left of center.moderate...would.question the idea that this man has been arrested for.felonious charges TWICE before this incident.....good for him.

In our system of justice the ruling of a jury does determine the facts of the case. They don't always get it right---OJ clearly murdered two people and got off, Casey Anthony killed her daughter and got off----but in this case the facts supported the jury verdict.

No you are wrong. The jury decision is an opinion. The facts are what happened. No one except Zimmerman knows all the facts of this case,

so no one really knows if he was innocent, or if he simply 'got off'.

You are trying way too hard to validate the decision you happen to like.

No you are wrong. The jury decision is an opinion. The facts are what happened. No one except Zimmerman knows all the facts of this case,

Please.

Random search - Opening Sentence Massachusetts Courts:

Your function as the jury is to determine the facts of this case. You
are the sole and exclusive judges of the facts.

http://www.mass.gov/courts/courtsan...ns/criminal/pdf/2120-function-of-the-jury.pdf

It always was about the process. I know you Conservatives didn't want charges to even be filed or a thorough investigation to take place....you just wanted Zimmerman's word to be taken at face value.

It is what it is....I said the same thing when you guys were all homicidal about Casey Anthony....there wasn't enough evidence to eliminate reasonable doubt....same with this case...I'm just glad that it saw a courtroom.

His word wasn't taken at face value. The Sanford DA said there wasn't enough evidence to convict him.

If you had your way? It would've been. Hey
...it's great that Zimmerman skated on his third felony arrest....good for you....good for him.

But I, as a reasonable left of center.moderate...would.question the idea that this man has been arrested for.felonious charges TWICE before this incident.....good for him.

You can arrest anyone for anything. Arrest does not equal crime. That's why police are not also the judges and executioners. Doubtless you would prefer so in your system however.
Describing yourself as "reasonable left of center moderate" is the biggest hoot I've had here in days.

from my review of the evidence I would have ruled as the jury did. you are trying way too hard to find fault with a decision that you don't happen to like.

you are correct that only GZ knows exactly what happened while the two of them were fighting on the sidewalk. The jury has the job to review the evidence and the testimony and make a decision.

thats what happened last night, justice was done. accept it and move on because it cannot be changed.

At any stage in a proceeding, before or during trial, a judge may have to determine whether to let a jury decide a particular issue. In making this determination, the judge considers whether the issue is a question of law or a question of Fact. If the question is one of fact, it should be decided by the jury at trial. If the question is one of law, the judge may decide it without affording the parties the opportunity to present evidence and witnesses to the jury

Question of Law legal definition of Question of Law. Question of Law synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Seemed fair to me. Disagreed with the outcome but reasonable people can disagree.

Good on the jury, goodon the Zimmerman and Martin family...

What makes the trial unfair? It was done exactly like any other trial and I feel it was totally fair. Why won't people just accept that all the evidence supports Zimmerman????

What kind of justice do you people want?:eusa_eh:

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."

Justice was served last night.

My thoughts today continue to be with Trayvon Martin's family as they have shown tremendous civility throughout the ordeal, and are hopefully role models for those who would be looking for a reason to disrupt a community.

Forum List

Back