What is your favorite soup?

1. Cream of tomato with a grilled cheese

2. New England Clam chowder.

3. Split pea soup

4. Anything with barley or butternut squash as the base.

The pattern here is that I don't like watery soups other than french onion and that one just depends on who makes it.

Maruchan soup is actually the best soup I have in my home here.
1613419132679.png

Potato Beer Chese Soup
French Onion
Split Pea with Ham
My stepmother's homemade chicken broth

Beef noodle & vegetable soup.

I usually make it with leftover broth meat, carrots, potatoes and onion when I make pot roast. And I'll cut the egg noodles really wide, twist them into a helix shape and dry them out on a rack so they'll keep that shape when I cook them.

And sometimes I'll also add some green beans, peas, mushrooms, corn or whatever else is convenient when I make the soup.

Last edited:
I can't even imagine only picking one as a favorite.
Soup is what makes winter livable
A few....

Good ol' Beef Stew made from a slow roasted chuck roast
Chicken Noodle, homemade
Tomato Bisque w/ grilled cheese
Chicken Tortilla
Chili
Beef Barley
Thai Chicken.... hard to find, impossible to make right. There is a Thai restaurant here that is privately owned by two Thai sisters I would guess in the 70s now. The soup they make, I swear to God will cure any cold or flu. I cannot get the broth like they make it... Divine.
Indescribably good.

My top 5:

1) corn chowder
2) New England clam chowder
3) tomato soup
4) French onion soup
5) peas soup

I like French Onion Soup and Split Pea, but also a Suisse Barley soup sometimes called Potage des Grisson... and Italian Rag Soup... and the all time greatest Charleston She Crab Soup.

Pho (and yes, it is a soup)

This authentic pho isn't quick, but it is delicious. The key is in the broth, which gets simmered for at least 6 hours.

The Easy Way to Make Pho at Home​

Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup)​

Forum List

Back