Zone1 What is "woke?"

346466458_800740124494526_958992174786730325_n.jpg
If you were really awake, you’d know that what leftists are pushing violates the equal protection clause. Also the first amendment as Government officials oppress the truth they don’t want out there.

If you were really awake, you’d know that what leftists are pushing violates the equal protection clause. Also the first amendment as Government officials oppress the truth they don’t want out there.
You'll have to explain that just a little bit better, because it does not make a god damned bit of sense. How in the name of FUCK does teaching and honest and accurate version of histort violate the equal protection clause or the 1st amendment.?

See post 32. Then reflect on the stupidity of this post
I got this from post 32:

"The bottom line is that the woke vs anti woke divide is not along racial or ethnic lines but rather reflects the difference between those who seek truth and enlightenment and those who fear it."

Woke people are known for silencing those they disagree with. They desire diversity of races and sexual orientations, but not of opinions. They fear scientific research into the role gene alleles have in determining intelligence and influencing behavior.

I will show you how woke censorship works. When Claudine Gay was chosen as the next president of Harvard the news stories and opinion pieces on the Harvard Crimson hailed this as a great victory of diversity, inclusion, and equity.

The vast majority of comments left on the Harvard Crimson claimed that Claudine Gay was an unqualified beneficiary of affirmative action. For example, she will be the first president of Harvard who has never written a book. After her appointment, Lawrence S. Bacow announced that she would be the first president who would not be required to attend faculty meetings.

When I went back several days later all of the comments criticizing the appointment of Claudine Gay had been removed. Hardly any comments remained.

Woke political correctness makes it difficult to have the dialogue on race the United States badly needs. It needs to be an honest dialogue with no taboos and sanctions against expressing facts and insights that can be drawn from the facts.

I got this from post 32:

"The bottom line is that the woke vs anti woke divide is not along racial or ethnic lines but rather reflects the difference between those who seek truth and enlightenment and those who fear it."

Woke people are known for silencing those they disagree with. They desire diversity of races and sexual orientations, but not of opinions. They fear scientific research into the role gene alleles have in determining intelligence and influencing behavior.
That is just a boatload of bizarre bovine excrement Pal

I will show you how woke censorship works. When Claudine Gay was chosen as the next president of Harvard the news stories and opinion pieces on the Harvard Crimson hailed this as a great victory of diversity, inclusion, and equity.

The vast majority of comments left on the Harvard Crimson claimed that Claudine Gay was an unqualified beneficiary of affirmative action. For example, she will be the first president of Harvard who has never written a book. After her appointment, Lawrence S. Bacow announced that she would be the first president who would not be required to attend faculty meetings.

When I went back several days later all of the comments criticizing the appointment of Claudine Gay had been removed. Hardly any comments remained.
The unwoke people are known for silencing those they disagree with.

Examples: DeSantis in his losing fight with The Cartoon Mouse, and the Florida teachers' unions, etc.

The right's banning of books. Trying to shut down drag shows.

Hector12, let me inform you no Pronoun, banned book, drag queen is going to shoot our school children.

I see woke people as those who maintain that racial differences in average ability do not exist, that they do not matter, or that "Race is only a social construct." Woke people are optimistic about human nature, and human potential.

These are respectable opinions. However, they need to be debated in a polite environment that respects facts that can be documented, and insights and conclusions that follow from these facts.

Unfortunately, woke people rarely submit their opinions to such an environment. Instead, they do what they can to suppress those with whom they disagree. In doing so, they indicate that they privately doubt the opinions they so loudly assert.
Woke is used to describe many things conservatives see in the media they hate, such as non-white races, gays, lesbians, transgender's, undocumented immigrants, that is simply an expression of disdain or hate by conservatives. A word with several meanings is described as polysemous. In order for the word to have meaning more information is needed. For example, if I use the word bank what does it mean, a place we put our money, land beside a river or lake, a mass of soil or mound, a tilting of airplane, etc.... Since woke is a newly created polysemous word with new meanings being created, it is not a good word to use because all it tells the reader is that the writer is most likely a conservatives and he or she is complaining about something he doesn't like.

Last edited:
The unwoke people are known for silencing those they disagree with.

Examples: DeSantis in his losing fight with The Cartoon Mouse, and the Florida teachers' unions, etc.

The right's banning of books. Trying to shut down drag shows.

Hector12, let me inform you no Pronoun, banned book, drag queen is going to shoot our school children.
Those on the left ban books by Charles Murray, Jared Taylor, and Professor's J. Philippe Rushton and Arthur Jensen. They try to keep Charles Murray and Jared Taylor from speaking on college campuses.

I see woke people as those who maintain that racial differences in average ability do not exist, that they do not matter, or that "Race is only a social construct." Woke people are optimistic about human nature, and human potential.

These are respectable opinions. However, they need to be debated in a polite environment that respects facts that can be documented, and insights and conclusions that follow from these facts.

Unfortunately, woke people rarely submit their opinions to such an environment. Instead, they do what they can to suppress those with whom they disagree. In doing so, they indicate that they privately doubt the opinions they so loudly assert.
I really don't know what this woke shit is all about? People are all the same and they are all different. A person's race or ethnicity has nothing to do with their intelligence or political affiliation. It's just some bullshit right wing talking point!

Those on the left ban books by Charles Murray, Jared Taylor, and Professor's J. Philippe Rushton and Arthur Jensen. They try to keep Charles Murray and Jared Taylor from speaking on college campuses.
Those on the left try to keep lots of accomplished conservatives from speaking. One college even prohibited Conni Rice from speaking - and example of a black female born into modest circumstances who, by the strength of her motivation and intelligence, rose to the top.

I am glad you agree that even the liberals need to clean up their act even with the fact that the conservatives are far worse.

Forum List

Back