What is the Republican solution to stagnant wages in the face of increasing corporate profits?

Hey Billy000 your Dimwinger party controls the House, Senate and White House.

Show us WTF they have done for stagnant wages, other then make them worse.
Wages have risen 5.7% under Biden. This was in part because of an increase in consumer spending which itself led to GDP growth. Biden’s child tax credit and stimulus payments played a role in the boost in consumer spending. Boosting consumer spending is the best way to stimulate economic growth.

While inflation has taken away from these gains, those gains in wages will still be there when that issue gets better.

Wages have risen 5.7% under Biden. This was in part because of an increase in consumer spending which itself led to GDP growth. Biden’s child tax credit and stimulus payments played a role in the boost in consumer spending. Boosting consumer spending is the best way to stimulate economic growth.

While inflation has taken away from these gains, those gains in wages will still be there when that issue gets better.

First of all wage increase had zero to do with consumer spending. Consumer spending was the same during Covid and after Dementia took office. Wages increased because industry had to compete with government for workers. He had no stimulus spending, he signed a bill to add additional unemployment money from the federal government.

The Republican plan for ANY issue is... nothing.

Well, that's not entirely accurate. Their plan is to bitch and whine about anyone else's solutions to our nation's problems.

They have ZERO ideas of their own. They are mentally, spiritually, and philosophically bankrupt.

Under President Trump we had normal inflation in the 2% area. Under President Trump we had the best economy in 50 years until Joe's buddies in China sent us their virus. Before that we had a million more jobs than Americans that could do them. We hit a new median household income high. We had the lowest unemployment for women and every minority group. So where do you get off saying Republicans have no solutions?

Dementia doesn't offer any solutions unless you can name me one. Every single one of his polices has been destructive to this country. Of course we're going to bitch about it. Anybody that goes grocery shopping or buys gasoline has every right to bitch about it.

Under President Trump we had normal inflation in the 2% area. Under President Trump we had the best economy in 50 years until Joe's buddies in China sent us their virus. Before that we had a million more jobs than Americans that could do them. We hit a new median household income high. We had the lowest unemployment for women and every minority group. So where do you get off saying Republicans have no solutions?

Dementia doesn't offer any solutions unless you can name me one. Every single one of his polices has been destructive to this country. Of course we're going to bitch about it. Anybody that goes grocery shopping or buys gasoline has every right to bitch about it.
Inflation and high gas prices have struck the entire globe, dipshit.

Is the 9.5 percent inflation in Hungary Biden's fault?

Jesus, you tards can't see past the ends of your noses.
'

Corporate profits are at an all high either way. When corporations decide a base wage they ask “how low can we make this wage while still getting enough people to apply for it?”

That’s how it has always been.

You are exactly correct. Your worth and pay are determined by what your employer can pay another person to do the same job and quality work as you do. It's called supply and demand.

First of all wage increase had zero to do with consumer spending. Consumer spending was the same during Covid and after Dementia took office. Wages increased because industry had to compete with government for workers. He had no stimulus spending, he signed a bill to add additional unemployment money from the federal government.
As my source stated, the consumer spending from the child tax credit was estimated to be at 27 billion. The stimulus payments would have added even more. I mean it’s pretty dumb to assume consumer spending didn’t change if the child tax credits didn’t exist before that lol.

I think you asses just can’t accept that democrat policy helped the economy. The cognitive dissonance is too much for you to handle. Plus, all this really flies in the face your narrative that democrats harm the economy. If democrats harm the economy, why did wages go up 5.7% in one year?

Obama presided over the longest stretch of job growth. Trump then inherited that. Why that simple logic escapes you is beyond me.

You are exactly correct. Your worth and pay are determined by what your employer can pay another person to do the same job and quality work as you do. It's called supply and demand.
You speak as though employers try to be fair about this. They don’t give two fucks about what wage is fair. They, again, pay as little as possible without going too low to keep people applying to the position. That’s it. That’s all it boils down to.

Wages have remained stagnant for decades while corporate profits have only increased. This has happened with or without inflation issues.

Let’s pretend republicans had full control of congress and the presidency. What, exactly, could they do to fix this problem? We already know that regulations have a very insignificant effect on corporate profits, wages, and job growth. We also know that cutting taxes for the wealthy does not do jack shit either.

What else is there when it comes to republican solutions? It’s kind of sad and pathetic just how limited GOP economic policy is.

It's a feature, not a bug.

As I said earlier, or maybe it was in another inflation topic, the most effective way to fight inflation is for the Fed to raise interest rates.

The President has nothing to do with it. All Biden could do to fight inflation is to get rid of Trump's stupid far left protectionist tariffs he created. But that would reduce inflation by only about half a percent.

If the Fed raises interest rates, as they should, it most likely would result in a recession. But when we recover, the US economy would come roaring back.

As my source stated, the consumer spending from the child tax credit was estimated to be at 27 billion. The stimulus payments would have added even more. I mean it’s pretty dumb to assume consumer spending didn’t change if the child tax credits didn’t exist before that lol.

I think you asses just can’t accept that democrat policy helped the economy. The cognitive dissonance is too much for you to handle. Plus, all this really flies in the face your narrative that democrats harm the economy. If democrats harm the economy, why did wages go up 5.7% in one year?

So explain how it influenced people to spend more when they didn't go back to work.

Forum List

Back