What is the explanation republicans have for why the economy is improving under Biden?

Obviously the economy isn’t perfect, but it’s improving. Didn’t republicans say the market would crash if Biden took over? Hmm. Weird. Seems to be doing well.

we are reopening ...... and the tax hikes ,higher energy costs, and oppressive regs that the dems want havent been implemented yet ..... and hopefully they will not get approved ! if they get passed life is going to get tougher for average Americans .

Democrats want to celebrate the economy and brag about that’s great. I celebrate with and for them. I also celebrate that Democrats now own the economy and are accountable for it. Obama used the financial crisis of 2008 that he inherited as a crutch for every time the economy went bad. That won’t be the case here. Democrats are accountable for the economy.

Obviously the economy isn’t perfect, but it’s improving. Didn’t republicans say the market would crash if Biden took over? Hmm. Weird. Seems to be doing well.

Do you suppose that opening the country back up after being shut down for COVID has helped out with that?
That is a STUPID supposition, the jobs report is from BEFORE the GOPQ governors decided to kill more Americans by opening their states up too soon.

The Vax that President Trump got made
Tramp ha NOTHING to do with the Pfizer vaccine being made, though he tries to take full credit for it!

Poor little commie, that has already been proven a lie. They got more than a billion for development and production.

Poor little NAZI, that has already been proven a lie. Pfizer got NOTHING for development and produced the vaccine FASTER than Tramp's operation snails pace!

This just in...thousands of American union workers who's jobs were destroyed by Biden shutting down the Keystone pipeline are not benefiting from the economic uptick.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but I assume government debt generates consumption. Coupled with loosening of restrictions and businesses slowing opening up again.

I agree. The open states are putting people back to work. Every state should be open. Where I live things are doing well. Construction all over the place. Hiring signs everywhere and restaurants that are open so people can actually sit down for a meal. Was at Outback yesterday and the place was packed.

Open States sure help the economy. The closed state, not at all.

The housing market is developing a massive bubble that will burst sometime this year. And before anyone attacks this as partisan, I'm not blaming any particular party for this. This is business as usual in this country. We create bubbles, kick the can down the road, and then taxpayers foot the bills of banks. That's bipartisan.

There has only been one massive housing bubble in my lifetime and that was W's huge bubble. There have been periods where prices rose, and periods where they didn't, but not a time when the housing market outright crashed and millions of foreclosures happened. The only other time it happened was the Great Depression. I wasn't born then.

W's bubble wasn't bi-partisan at all. It was all on the combination of low interest rates after 9/11, the 2003 American Dream Downpayment Act, and the de-regulation of Wall Street and subprime mortgages, written and passed by the Republican Congress and signed into law by Bill Clinton.

The first thing Trump did when he got into office was to roll back banking regulations put into place to prevent another banking collapse from happening. But with this stimulus, Biden is refusing to allow Republicans to limit and strangle the stimulus, and forcing workers back to work without living wages, like happened last time.

Republicans want a hungry and needy working class who are willing to take any job no matter how little it pays, because something is better than nothing. That's exactly what Mitch McConnell told us when Democrats wanted to sent checks to working Americans. Shouldn't McConnell want a strong and thriving middle class. It's the key to success economies throughout the first world.

Republican economics has slashed the middle class, driving millions of Americans back into poverty.
W's bubble wasn't bi-partisan at all.

Clinton didn't do anything to cause a bubble?
Clinton didn't push Fannie and Freddie to buy subprime mortgages?
That's right he didn't, BUSH did.

Barnie's committee forcing Fannie and Freddie to increase the percentage of sub-prime loans held in their portfolio. Which, extended to banks lowering their standards as well.
Pure BULLSHIT!

Within hours of President Trump's decision to restrict travel from China on Jan. 31,
Except the virus was already here and it came here mostly from Europe.

So, according to you oh learned one, COVID-19 arrived here in the USA before it arrived in the Wuhan province. Which would also be before the virus arrived in Europe. WHO KNEW?
Typical worthless lying scum NAZI reply! You can't dispute the TRUTH of my post so you create a Straw Man.

we are reopening ...... and the tax hikes ,higher energy costs, and oppressive regs that the dems want havent been implemented yet ..... and hopefully they will not get approved ! if the get passed life is going to get tougher for average Americans .

It won't affect me. My taxes will stay the same. But it will effect corporations that pay zero income tax at 21% by raising it to 28% which means that they will pay 7% tax. Sure do wished that I could pay only 7%.

Correction. You will pay for the tax hike OR they will move to a more tax friendly and regulatory country like China. Democrats are pretty dumb, but this oversight is over the top even for them.

Partisan caviling prevents most people from acknowledging any perceived success by the opposition party.

Biden isn’t going to get anymore credit than Trump regardless...

The answer is because States like Texas and California are reopening...

Now it is your turn to tell me how I believed Biden would crash the economy and when you discover I never wrote anything like that then you should learn the actual slowing and crash was because of Covid and the reopening will usher in a fast growing economy but it will not last!

The re-opening will usher in a fast growing economy, and it could last, if the federal government continues to get money in the pockets of working Americans, and changes the tax code to reward "work not wealth". Working Americans have had a real raise in 40 years, and 40% of workers have seen no economic benefits from the Trump economy.

There's a lot of pent up demand in the working centre that could fuel economic growth for a generation, not to mention jobs in the growing green energy sector, and climate change mitigation.

Unfortunately it never last but for the short term ( five years ) the growth should be strong...

You do understand that capitalism has periods of expansion and periods of contraction (recessions), don't you? That recessions are not a bug, but a feature of capitalism?

But right wingers fail to understand is that Republican fiscal policies make the "recessions" both more frequent, and deeper than Democratic policies, and their refusal to fund an adequate social safety net for low income workers, mean that American workers suffer more frequent recessions and more negative fiscal impact from those recessions than workers in other first world country.

Every time the Democrats patch up the economy and get it back on track, you fools believe the Republican lies, and give them another crack at crashing the economy, and Republicans being the fools that they are, they gladly seize it.

Forum List

Back