What is the defense trump supporters have for Trump at this juncture? Is there any nuance...

Well, from my standpoint, each and every one of the "breathtaking revelations" about Trump, his campaign, his penis, and everything else have been little more than wishful thinking on the part of his detractors. Clearly, Mueller has nothing on the President, other than innuendo, and CERTAINLY nothing to prove a criminal conspiracy with "The Russians" to swing the election ("collusion" means nothing, legally).

For example, this past weekend, we heard the Leftist theory that Cohen provided "proof" that Trump ordered him (Cohen) to make "illegal" payments to the two slut-slanderers. But looking closely, there are a number of fallacies and mis-statements in this often-repeated theme. The payments were not "illegal." A candidate can spend his own money in pretty much any way and in any amount that he chooses on his own campaign. Determining that they were "illegal" requires that one ASSUME that the payments were made entirely for political advantage. But what if they were made to avoid personal embarrassment, and in the hope that Mr. Trump's wife and son would not hear of these [possibly false] accusations? In that case there is nothing illegal about them. And in fact, no prosecutor in the world could convince 12 jurors to conclude, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the payments were for political advantage.

Furthermore, even if the payments were entirely political in nature, the PAYMENTS would not have been illegal, but the failure to report them appropriately would have been a violation of campaign finance laws - the remedy for which is paying a fine and apologizing. Only one person in history has gone to jail for such a violation, and it ain't ever going to happen again.

What else...

The Flynn guilty plea and sentencing memo. Nothing against Trump. The charges themselves were bullshit and the American public (at least those of us who are paying attention) understands that the guilty plea was merely a desperate measure to stave off bankruptcy-by-legal-fee. Meaningless, in the big picture.

Which is not to say that Donald Sr. is not an ass-hole, which he clearly is, as demonstrated - yet again - by his ridiculous slanders directed at Rex Tillerson. My God, what a DICK Trump is!
Which is not to say that Donald Sr. is not an ass-hole, which he clearly is, as demonstrated - yet again - by his ridiculous slanders directed at Rex Tillerson. My God, what a DICK Trump is!
No one should be able to disagree with that last paragraph BUT 150 meetings of his people with Russians mean nothing to you??
You didn't say nothing when they gave Clintons charity a ton of money, or when Hillary met with their reps in the State office, or when they gave the Russians Uranium like local yocals.

Well, from my standpoint, each and every one of the "breathtaking revelations" about Trump, his campaign, his penis, and everything else have been little more than wishful thinking on the part of his detractors. Clearly, Mueller has nothing on the President, other than innuendo, and CERTAINLY nothing to prove a criminal conspiracy with "The Russians" to swing the election ("collusion" means nothing, legally).

For example, this past weekend, we heard the Leftist theory that Cohen provided "proof" that Trump ordered him (Cohen) to make "illegal" payments to the two slut-slanderers. But looking closely, there are a number of fallacies and mis-statements in this often-repeated theme. The payments were not "illegal." A candidate can spend his own money in pretty much any way and in any amount that he chooses on his own campaign. Determining that they were "illegal" requires that one ASSUME that the payments were made entirely for political advantage. But what if they were made to avoid personal embarrassment, and in the hope that Mr. Trump's wife and son would not hear of these [possibly false] accusations? In that case there is nothing illegal about them. And in fact, no prosecutor in the world could convince 12 jurors to conclude, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the payments were for political advantage.

Furthermore, even if the payments were entirely political in nature, the PAYMENTS would not have been illegal, but the failure to report them appropriately would have been a violation of campaign finance laws - the remedy for which is paying a fine and apologizing. Only one person in history has gone to jail for such a violation, and it ain't ever going to happen again.

What else...

The Flynn guilty plea and sentencing memo. Nothing against Trump. The charges themselves were bullshit and the American public (at least those of us who are paying attention) understands that the guilty plea was merely a desperate measure to stave off bankruptcy-by-legal-fee. Meaningless, in the big picture.

No one should be able to disagree with that last paragraph BUT 150 meetings of his people with Russians mean nothing to you??
You didn't say nothing when they gave Clintons charity a ton of money, or when Hillary met with their reps in the State office, or when they gave the Russians Uranium like local yocals.
You still believe that uranium BS ?? along with all the other crappola ?? Can I sell you my bridge in brooklyn?

What else...

You still believe that uranium BS ?? along with all the other crappola ?? Can I sell you my bridge in brooklyn?
From someone who claims Trump colluded with Russians.

What else...

150 of trump people speaking to russians...and what do you think they talked about?? The World series?

What else...

150 of trump people speaking to russians...and what do you think they talked about?? The World series?
What do you think Bill and his AG talked about on the tarmac, Their kids?

You really want to compare that BS with 150 trump scum meetings with Russians ?? At trump tower, Adoptions??? Are you kidding me?

You really want to compare that BS with 150 trump scum meetings with Russians ?? At trump tower, Adoptions??? Are you kidding me?
I don't give credence to your claim.

How about that Hillary campaign actually paying Russians for that fake Steele Dossier that was used by the FBI to get illegal FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign? Did the Trump campaign pay any Russians for help? Why didn't Mueller investigate the Hillary campaign for "collusion" with the Russians, or Brits, or Italians, or Aussies, etc? Did the CIA use foreign assets to help the Hillary campaign and spy on Trump?

Got a link for that BS?

Got a link for that BS?
This should keep you busy unless your reading abilities duplicate trumps
Trump's Russia Cover-Up By the Numbers – 272 contacts with Russia ...

https://themoscowproject.org/.../trumps-russia-cover-up-by-the-numbers-70-contacts-...

Apr 30, 2019 - Beyond the many lies the Trump team told to the American people, ... out to gauge Russia's interest” in a meeting between Trump and Putin.
Trump Tower meeting - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Tower_meeting

The Trump Tower meeting took place on June 9, 2016 in New York City between three senior members of the 2016 Trump campaign – Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort – and at least five other people, including Russian lawyer ...
Background · ‎Trump Tower meeting · ‎Investigations · ‎Other meetings

And now the opening bell is 6 minutes away and I have more important business than trying to prove to you trump is scum

...to their opinions?

Would a Trump supporter say “well, I think Trump is a good president but I am beginning to question his complete innocence in the Mueller investigation at this point.”

Or is it the same pathetic, childish reaction as before: “Fake news! The entire investigation is a witch hunt, you butthurt liberals!”
Not a Trump supporter, but being objective, the Mueller Report does not show enough EITHER way. Trump's results are good but his behavior bad-again a wash. Unless the Democrats have someone better, like someone NOT running-Howard Shultz, then Trump is the only reasonable alternative.

or when they gave the Russians Uranium like local yocals.

Let's see, at the time Russia and the US were in the final years of the megatons to megawatts program where the US purchased over 500 tons worth of highly enriched uranium from decommissioned Soviet Union era warheads. Why would Russia want to bribe anyone to get to the rights to some small uranium mines whose ore produces about 4 % of what our nuclear power stations use in a year?

But it sells to the rubes huh?

Forum List

Back