What is the best sport?

Of course one needs to define 'sport'. Nor would I say competition is required to fit the category of sport. For example, is mountain climbing a sport? I'd certainly say so.
In any case one competes against other sky divers, the mode of competition changing as the sport has developed. Individual competitions have involved landing on a target and a timed series of manoeuvres in freefall. Team competitions have included time to complete a formation out the door and how many formations a team can form in one freefall.

Of course I'm biased...

diving-exit.jpg

But I've participated in a few sports.

Meat bombing.

I have said it many times. If you can play basketball well you can do any other sport in the world. You cant say the same thing about other sports. No other sport incorporates the amount of skills that basketball does.

You might be right about that ..but the two sports I was so good at was volleyball and bad mitten.. I loved basket ball but as a white guy I couldn't dunk...good at the three pointers though.

Now I have a taste to take out my basket ball tomorrow and shoot some hoops ...

I have to agree with asslips, basketball is the purest sport. Head fakes, picks, pump fakes. It's a great game!

I like baseball and football, too. I'm getting a little long in the tooth for football.

The best sport most closely mimics what the human body was designed for. The human (especially male) body was designed for hunting and war in small groups. Spears were used and a lot of running was involved. So which sport best fits these criteria? Soccer? Tennis? Lacrosse? Field hockey? Track and field?
Baseball, there's room for just about any body type.

I have to agree with asslips, basketball is the purest sport. Head fakes, picks, pump fakes. It's a great game!
Football has all of that.....plus brute strength....haven't been able to watch hoops for awhile. Used to watch the Sunday matchups. .usually Boston, La, Detroit, Or Chicago vs Someone....

Forum List

Back