What is the average household income where one worker earns the minimum wage?

Markle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2016
Tallahassee, FL

I have posed that question to several of our usual far-left Progressives, on several threads here and all have steadfastly refused to answer or are afraid to answer honestly. They have, to a screenname, ran and hid.

Why?

I have posed that question to several of our usual far-left Progressives, on several threads here and all have steadfastly refused to answer or are afraid to answer honestly. They have, to a screenname, ran and hid.

Why?
Most likely because the income is a LOT higher than they would care to admit. What IS it? Do you have that number in a link?

Why?
Most likely because the income is a LOT higher than they would care to admit. What IS it? Do you have that number in a link?

There are many such links. You are right, it is a LOT higher than they care to admit.

As a hint... Like tens of millions of others, I worked for, actually less than minimum wage, ($0.85 per hour because we worked for tips bagging groceries) when I was in high school.

High%20School-S.jpg

Because it's a question almost as confused as the poster asking it. For example, the minimum wage where? Then, are you asking what are the average hours worked by a worker in that situation?

There are many such links. You are right, it is a LOT higher than they care to admit.
Oh. You're playing stupid. Well done, you're a natural. Particular congratulations for avoiding posting one of the many such links.

Why?

I can't take their silence/ignorance any more!!!!!

This article is 5.5+ years old...…..

upload_2019-12-8_15-21-34.png

Typical Minimum-Wage Earners Aren’t Poor, But They’re Not Quite Middle Class

Why?

I can't take their silence/ignorance any more!!!!!

This article is 5.5+ years old...…..

View attachment 293867

You're right, the far left don't want to see the facts. They prefer their ignorance!

Who Earns the Minimum Wage? Suburban Teenagers, Not Single Parents
February 28, 2013

The characteristics of the teenagers and young adults who earn the minimum wage or less support the notion that these minimum-wage workers rarely work to support children and their families:

• 79 percent work part-time jobs.
  • 62 percent are enrolled in school during non-summer months.
  • Their average family income is $65,900 per year.
  • Only 22 percent live at or below the poverty line, while 68 percent enjoy family incomes over 150 percent of the poverty line, which is $33,500 for a family of four.[6]
  • Most have not finished their education. A third have not yet finished high school, while almost a quarter have only a high school degree. Another two-fifths have taken college courses but have not yet graduated. Many of these are college students working part-time while in school. Only 3 percent have finished college and obtained a degree.
  • Fully 60 percent are women.
  • Only 5 percent are married.
Read more: Who Earns the Minimum Wage? Suburban Teenagers, Not Single Parents

Because it's a question almost as confused as the poster asking it. For example, the minimum wage where? Then, are you asking what are the average hours worked by a worker in that situation?

There is nothing confused about the question, only far-left Progressives who wish to muddy the issue and ignore the FACTS.

That is confusing to you? Do you know the definition of the word household?

household
[ˈhousˌ(h)ōld]
NOUN
  1. a house and its occupants regarded as a unit.
As to household income:

Household income is a measure of the combined incomes of all people sharing a particular household or place of residence. It includes every form of income, e.g., salaries and wages, retirement income, near cash government transfers like food stamps, and investment gains.

Do you need a definition of minimum wage? I did not specify WHERE because I asked for the AVERAGE.

Why did you dodge the question instead of manning up and posting the facts?

I give you credit for responding at all, your far-left Progressive ran like scared little girls!

These are the wimpy posters here who refuse to even acknowledge the question.

Rightwinger. francoHFW, Dragonlady, georgephillips, GolfingGator, Supposn, BWK,

What do you mean by "household"?

Do you mean children, and if so, how many?

What do you mean by "household"?

Do you mean children, and if so, how many?

See the post above.

household
[ˈhousˌ(h)ōld]
NOUN
  1. a house and its occupants regarded as a unit.
Household income is a measure of the combined incomes of all people sharing a particular household or place of residence. It includes every form of income, e.g., salaries and wages, retirement income, near cash government transfers like food stamps, and investment gains.

Today, (2019) the average size of a household is 2.52 persons.

As far as I'm aware of, even most entry level jobs pay above "minimum wage" - the exception might be jobs such as serving and waiting where in most states, they earn money or commission via tips.

Most entry level jobs are so easy they could literally be done in their sleep, as was the case for me when I worked on my entrepreneurship; wage slavery isn't the same as slavery - the main problem is that the jobs are too easy and people are putting in the bare minimum required effort while mindlessly puttering around, not because it's "back-breaking" labor like a slave forced to serve on a planation in eras past.

I have posed that question to several of our usual far-left Progressives, on several threads here and all have steadfastly refused to answer or are afraid to answer honestly. They have, to a screenname, ran and hid. Why?
Markle, the article and link ToddsterPatriot provided,
is attributed to Ben Casselman; refer to: Ben Casselman .
Ben Casselman is a senior editor and the chief economics writer for FiveThirtyEight. He wrote about the economy for The Wall Street Journal.

Participants in discussions, thoughtlessly or with innocently ignorant, may limit their remarks to only to only those employees earning the precise, $7.25 per hour minimum rate, rather than to some lowest bracket or percentile of wage rates. (Due to the practices of wage differentials, the minimum rate likely affects 40 percentiles of U.S. employees earning the lowest wage rates, to extents ranging from critical to substantial).

How many, or what percentile of U.S. employees earn precisely $7.25 per hour is of no consequences; numbers or percentiles of employees earning the lowest 10, or 20, or 40 percentile are of substantial affects upon our costs of public assistance, median wage, and aggregate standards of living.

Respectfully, Supposn

I have posed that question to several of our usual far-left Progressives, on several threads here and all have steadfastly refused to answer or are afraid to answer honestly. They have, to a screenname, ran and hid. Why?
Markle, the article and link ToddsterPatriot provided,
is attributed to Ben Casselman; refer to: Ben Casselman .
Ben Casselman is a senior editor and the chief economics writer for FiveThirtyEight. He wrote about the economy for The Wall Street Journal.

Participants in discussions, thoughtlessly or with innocently ignorant, may limit their remarks to only to only those employees earning the precise, $7.25 per hour minimum rate, rather than to some lowest bracket or percentile of wage rates. (Due to the practices of wage differentials, the minimum rate likely affects 40 percentiles of U.S. employees earning the lowest wage rates, to extents ranging from critical to substantial).

How many, or what percentile of U.S. employees earn precisely $7.25 per hour is of no consequences; numbers or percentiles of employees earning the lowest 10, or 20, or 40 percentile are of substantial affects upon our costs of public assistance, median wage, and aggregate standards of living.

Respectfully, Supposn

(Due to the practices of wage differentials, the minimum rate likely affects 40 percentiles of U.S. employees earning the lowest wage rates, to extents ranging from critical to substantial).

Any data showing the bottom 40% of workers get an equivalent percentage raise, or any raise at all, when the minimum wage is increased?

Federal MW is 7.25 an hour

7.24x 40 x 52 = 15080

Of course if overtime is worked the total changes

(Due to the practices of wage differentials, the minimum rate likely affects 40 percentiles of U.S. employees earning the lowest wage rates, to extents ranging from critical to substantial).

Any data showing the bottom 40% of workers get an equivalent percentage raise, or any raise at all, when the minimum wage is increased?
ToddsterPatiot, my general observations were if the numbers of employees were graphed on the basis of annual wages or hourly wage rates for all of those cities and medium to large enterprises I’ve encountered, their “bell curves” would indicate numbers of employees “bunching up” on the lower levels of wages or wage rates.

I’ve lived and worked in, or near, or have had other causes to be familiar with a few USA cities, and some medium or large enterprises within them. I’m suggesting that if the experiences of you or any other readers of this thread differ from mine, you must have encountered some very peculiar U.S. cities or their medium to large enterprises.

Do you have any logical reason to contend the greatest proportion of U.S. employees do not “bunch up” among those employees earning the lowest wage rates? Do you refute the statement that there are more USA employees earning lower rather than higher wage rates? You have any logical reason to contend due to employers’ practices of wage differentials, the minimum wage doesn’t have greater effects upon lesser rather than greater jobs’ wage rates? Do you have any statistics or other evidence to justify reasonable doubt of my contentions?

Respectfully, Supposn

Federal MW is 7.25 an hour

7.24x 40 x 52 = 15080

Of course if overtime is worked the total changes

The question is: What is the average household income where one worker earns the minimum wage?

If one person in the household is earning MW and no one else is earning anything the average income of all such households is 15080

ToddsterPatiot, my general observations were if the numbers of employees were graphed on the basis of annual wages or hourly wage rates for all of those cities and medium to large enterprises I’ve encountered, their “bell curves” would indicate numbers of employees “bunching up” on the lower levels of wages or wage rates.

I’ve lived and worked in, or near, or have had other causes to be familiar with a few USA cities, and some medium or large enterprises within them. I’m suggesting that if the experiences of you or any other readers of this thread differ from mine, you must have encountered some very peculiar U.S. cities or their medium to large enterprises.

Do you have any logical reason to contend the greatest proportion of U.S. employees do not “bunch up” among those employees earning the lowest wage rates? Do you refute the statement that there are more USA employees earning lower rather than higher wage rates? You have any logical reason to contend due to employers’ practices of wage differentials, the minimum wage doesn’t have greater effects upon lesser rather than greater jobs’ wage rates? Do you have any statistics or other evidence to justify reasonable doubt of my contentions?

Respectfully, Supposn

if the numbers of employees were graphed on the basis of annual wages or hourly wage rates for all of those cities and medium to large enterprises I’ve encountered, their “bell curves” would indicate numbers of employees “bunching up” on the lower levels of wages or wage rates.

Anything a little more solid than "bunching up"?

Any studies showing what happens to the "bottom 40%" in the years following a MW hike?

Forum List

Back