What is the average household income where one worker earns the minimum wage?

if the numbers of employees were graphed on the basis of annual wages or hourly wage rates for all of those cities and medium to large enterprises I’ve encountered, their “bell curves” would indicate numbers of employees “bunching up” on the lower levels of wages or wage rates.

Anything a little more solid than "bunching up"?
Any studies showing what happens to the "bottom 40%" in the years following a MW hike?
Toddsterpatriot, my casual observations throughout my lifetime have always been the extents of minimum wage rate’s effect upon jobs’ rates are proportional and inversely related to the differences between the minimum’s and the jobs’ rates; lower rates are more, and higher rates are lesser affected by the minimum rate.
Also consider that within all large, and most if not all medium enterprises, you’ll find more employees within the lesser, rather than the greater wage rate brackets.

You’ll have to seek more authoritative studies and evidence if that’s not been your own experiences. I doubt if you’ll find anything to refute or provide any reason to doubt my observations of employers’ wage differential practices. Respectfully, Supposn

if the numbers of employees were graphed on the basis of annual wages or hourly wage rates for all of those cities and medium to large enterprises I’ve encountered, their “bell curves” would indicate numbers of employees “bunching up” on the lower levels of wages or wage rates.

Anything a little more solid than "bunching up"?
Any studies showing what happens to the "bottom 40%" in the years following a MW hike?
Toddsterpatriot, my casual observations throughout my lifetime have always been the extents of minimum wage rate’s effect upon jobs’ rates are proportional and inversely related to the differences between the minimum’s and the jobs’ rates; lower rates are more, and higher rates are lesser affected by the minimum rate.
Also consider that within all large, and most if not all medium enterprises, you’ll find more employees within the lesser, rather than the greater wage rate brackets.

You’ll have to seek more authoritative studies and evidence if that’s not been your own experiences. I doubt if you’ll find anything to refute or provide any reason to doubt my observations of employers’ wage differential practices. Respectfully, Supposn

my casual observations throughout my lifetime

So this is all based on your casual observations? No actual data?

I doubt if you’ll find anything to refute or provide any reason to doubt my observations

How could I ever refute, "numbers of employees “bunching up” on the lower levels of wages or wage rates" or "the minimum rate likely affects 40 percentiles of U.S. employees earning the lowest wage rates, to extents ranging from critical to substantial"?

Federal MW is 7.25 an hour

7.24x 40 x 52 = 15080

Of course if overtime is worked the total changes

The question is: What is the average household income where one worker earns the minimum wage?

If one person in the household is earning MW and no one else is earning anything the average income of all such households is 15080

That is not the question.
The question you asked cannot be answered because there is no data published on the individual incomes of the members of a household.

In fact there is not even a standard number of people who make up a household

Given that the data does not exist your question is nothing more than rhetorical

I have posed that question to several of our usual far-left Progressives, on several threads here and all have steadfastly refused to answer or are afraid to answer honestly. They have, to a screenname, ran and hid.

Why?
One full time earner at federal minimum age will make about $15,000 a year.

Why didn't you just do the math?

Last edited:

I have posed that question to several of our usual far-left Progressives, on several threads here and all have steadfastly refused to answer or are afraid to answer honestly. They have, to a screenname, ran and hid.

Why?

Google

Why?

As you know, that was NOT the question. What part of my question is not clear to you?

The question you asked cannot be answered because there is no data published on the individual incomes of the members of a household.

Given that the data does not exist your question is nothing more than rhetorical

The specific information is most certainly available at many sites. Our far-left Progressives don't want to find the information which is easily available. The FACTS destroy their position.

There is also a standard number of people who make up a household in the US. In 2018 there were 2.63 people per household.

As I, and other posters showed previously on this very thread that specific information.

Who Earns the Minimum Wage? Suburban Teenagers, Not Single Parents
February 28, 2013

The characteristics of the teenagers and young adults who earn the minimum wage or less support the notion that these minimum-wage workers rarely work to support children and their families:
  • 79 percent work part-time jobs.
  • 62 percent are enrolled in school during non-summer months.
  • Their average family income is $65,900 per year.
  • Only 22 percent live at or below the poverty line, while 68 percent enjoy family incomes over 150 percent of the poverty line, which is $33,500 for a family of four.[6]
  • Most have not finished their education. A third have not yet finished high school, while almost a quarter have only a high school degree. Another two-fifths have taken college courses but have not yet graduated. Many of these are college students working part-time while in school. Only 3 percent have finished college and obtained a degree.
  • Fully 60 percent are women.
  • Only 5 percent are married.
Read more: Who Earns the Minimum Wage? Suburban Teenagers, Not Single Parents

Last edited:

The specific information is most certainly available at many sites.

There is also a standard number of people who make up a household in the US. In 2018 there were 2.63 people per household.

As I, and other posters showed previously on this very thread that specific information.
If the info on the actual income of every person in every household is readily available then why are you asking other people for answers?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If the info on the actual income of every person in every household is readily available then why are you asking other people for answers?

That has been explained several times. What part may I clarify for you?

That has been explained several times. What part may I clarify for you?
So you say all the info needed to answer your question is readily available and yet you have to ask for the answer

Why?

As you know, that was NOT the question. What part of my question is not clear to you?

Too many variables.

Why?

Can’t you do math?

Seems like he answered your question

Why?

Too many variables.

With variables come averages. You want the truth and facts concealed because it destroys your paper tiger agenda.

Why?

Google

Yep, anyone could have done so but I wanted to prove a point and you helped!

The far-left are wimps, they know the truth, they just refuse to acknowledge that they have no real arguments, only paper tigers.

Not one the far-left wimps, you included, had the C. O. Jones to post the truth.

Why?

Google

Yep, anyone could have done so but I wanted to prove a point and you helped!

The far-left are wimps, they know the truth, they just refuse to acknowledge that they have no real arguments, only paper tigers.

Not one the far-left wimps, you included, had the C. O. Jones to post the truth.
No idea what you are babbling about

$15,000 a year is poverty

Why?

Too many variables.

With variables come averages. You want the truth and facts concealed because it destroys your paper tiger agenda.
I don't have a paper tiger agenda.

My thing is "no one with a full time job should need government subsides to live".

Obviously teenagers living with their folks do not fall into that category.

My thing is "no one with a full time job should need government subsides to live".

You eliminate the vast majority of folks earning the minimum wage and exempt everyone else from any personal responsibility.

Large%20minimum%20wage-S.jpg

You eliminate the vast majority of folks earning the minimum wage and exempt everyone else from any personal responsibility.

Large%20minimum%20wage-S.jpg
What?

How does is that a response?

Forum List

Back