What is the attraction of Islam?

( I posted this in the Religion topic but thought I would post it here in my favorite place to tease right wingers too )
========
There is a noticeable surge in Muslims in America.

Some years back, it became fashionable among blacks --- particularly among black prisoners.
Then their women adopted the religion and were seen wearing burquas.
But not many overall.

Now I'm seeing white women wearing burqas!!

Saw one in Wal-Mart the other day.

Which makes me wonder what the attraction of Islam is --- especially why would emancipated American women voluntarily give up their freedom and allow themselves to be made into domestic sex slaves?

I can understand that, to a certain kind of " man ", there is an attraction to having their females totally subservient and being allowed ( by their religion if not by the law ) to beat them and even kill them for certain " offenses ".

But why do their women submit?

People like being told what to do. It makes life easier, provides security. People like having lots of things they have to do in their daily life, routines, like praying etc. It gives people purpose, especially people who can't really think for themselves.

people who cant think for themselves chant "CHANGE!!" and pretend record welfare and food stamps is "forward progress".

( I posted this in the Religion topic but thought I would post it here in my favorite place to tease right wingers too )
========

Some years back, it became fashionable among blacks --- particularly among black prisoners.
But not many overall.

Which makes me wonder what the attraction of Islam is --- especially why would emancipated American women voluntarily give up their freedom and allow themselves to be made into domestic sex slaves?

I can understand that, to a certain kind of " man ", there is an attraction to having their females totally subservient and being allowed ( by their religion if not by the law ) to beat them and even kill them for certain " offenses ".

The main attraction is that it is a much more "color blind" religion than Christianity or Judaism. It's also less "structured" and more spiritual.

ur right nutcase; the last slave ship left africa for a short trip, bound for saudi arabia in the last century. colorblind indeed

========

But not many overall.

The main attraction is that it is a much more "color blind" religion than Christianity or Judaism. It's also less "structured" and more spiritual.

Color blind? Have you read any of the koran? It makes mein kampf look like a sacred book. There is nothing spiritual about some human crawling up out of a well.

========

But not many overall.

Color blind? Have you read any of the koran? It makes mein kampf look like a sacred book. There is nothing spiritual about some human crawling up out of a well.
Hey, they've gotta spin for the PC-Protected Religion, regardless of how transparent it is.

There's the college girl who sort of finds religion and wants to wear the garb for a few years before she snaps out of it.

The lifelong Muslim is attracted to the simplicity. The enigmas and mysteries of the OT are steam ironed flat. The Quran works better as a cookbook. Some Christians try to treat the Bible as a recipe book, but that always leads to absurdities. So, true Christianity leads to greater richness, but also greater doubt. Islam is less challenging to understand.

Excellent observation. An inherent nexus exists between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam where each subsequent faith represents some form of revision upon the older ways. Jesus is a reformational figure, who pushed back against what he saw as fundamental errors in the theological development of the Jewish faith. His purpose was to correct those errors, and set straight the misguided teachings that had come to be embraced. Much of the resulting new religion reflects an improvement on the older Jewish theology. Where stoning woman for divorcing her husband proved to be a problematic theological principle, Jesus taught that the first stone should be thrown by a sinless person. Where the prohibition against doing work on the Sabbath might lead a person to starve, Jesus taught that the law must be read with flexibility and not be taken to extremes such that demand pain and suffering from the faithful.

Muhammad was also a reformational figure in nearly the exact same way. He set out to further clarify and refine perceived theological problems and inconsistencies within Christianity. As a result, there is a somewhat progressive transitional relationship between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. An open minded and curious individual who comes from a Jewish background and who sets out to search for spiritual fulfillment can very naturally find themselves appreciating Christianity as a refinement of the imperfect Judaism that has left them unfulfilled. It's rather quite common for Jewish people to convert to Christianity their first introductions to Christian teachings. Likewise, an open minded and curious individual who comes from a Christian background and who sets out to search for spiritual fulfillment can very naturally find themselves appreciating Islam as a refinement of the imperfect Christianity that has left them unfulfilled; Christian to Muslim conversion occurs with the same ease for many people as Judaism to Christianity conversions.

========

But not many overall.

The Koran, The Torah and the Old Testament have much of the same doctrine since they are the same books.

But in practice? Islam doesn't have the same sort of racial bias the other two do, especially Christianity.

This was one of the things that actually shocked Malcolm X and softened his views on white America.

Jesus preached peace. Mohammed ruled by the sword and killed while taking sex slaves.

"Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword."

-Matthew 10:34

examples of Christians actually running around butchering people with swords or anything please

then it's my turn ok???

Scott Roeder.

and i give you ISIS idiot

but thanks for playing though!1

treat us to another lecture on the inherent nexus of the Abrahamic religions. so fascinating!!

lol

Jesus preached peace. Mohammed ruled by the sword and killed while taking sex slaves.

"Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword."

examples of Christians actually running around butchering people with swords or anything please

then it's my turn ok???

Germany, 1933.

i missed the part where i veered off and wasnt talking about current events any longer

idiot

Apparently many muslim lovers just don't get the religion!

196797.jpg

um maybe because they are the ones responsible for most of the beheading, mass murders, ethnic cleansing, historical artifact-destroying, female genital mutilation.....etc stories you hear about going on RIGHT NOW?

JUST throwing that out there..................

Religious zeal and fervor is responsible for a great many atrocities, both currently and historically. The Lord's Resistance Army is a modern day example of a group that does the things you mention, in the name of Christianity. Your selective focus is entirely a reflection on your own self, and nothing more.

Sword pierces the soul. One must take up the cross which kills ones old way of life. Through this, peace follows. Of course you thought Jesus came along preaching death by the sword but that was incorrect...or you were just trying to make both equal....which is incorrect also.

That's your interpretation. There are Christians who interpret that very passage to mean that Jesus demands militant action by his followers. But I'm sure you don't want to talk about that.

then it's my turn ok???

Scott Roeder.

treat us to another lecture on the inherent nexus of the Abrahamic religions. so fascinating!!

lol

Translation: Bedowin selectively focuses on those he wants to condemn, and selectively ignores those he wants to marginalize.

I'll see your ISIS, and raise you the Aryan Nation.

then it's my turn ok???

Scott Roeder.

lol

ISIS comes no where near the body count of the Christian Nazis. Or Americans in the region for that matter. The American invasion of Iraq cost over three quarters of a million lives. It's great dis-stabilized the region and ISIS is a reaction to that.

========

But not many overall.

The Koran, The Torah and the Old Testament have much of the same doctrine since they are the same books.

But in practice? Islam doesn't have the same sort of racial bias the other two do, especially Christianity.

This was one of the things that actually shocked Malcolm X and softened his views on white America.
In Islam all men are brothers, and all equal before God. None higher, none lower.

Sword pierces the soul. One must take up the cross which kills ones old way of life. Through this, peace follows. Of course you thought Jesus came along preaching death by the sword but that was incorrect...or you were just trying to make both equal....which is incorrect also.

That's your interpretation. There are Christians who interpret that very passage to mean that Jesus demands militant action by his followers. But I'm sure you don't want to talk about that.

They're not christians. They're occultists. Ive never met a christian that takes that verse and attributes it to militant action.

Forum List

Back