What is sin.

After begging forgiveness, how do they know it has been removed?
I can't think of a single Gospel story where anyone had to beg Jesus for forgiveness. Often before anyone said much more than a word, Jesus announced, "Your sins are forgiven." His good news of "Sins are forgiven" is what took him to the cross.

Repentance (turning away from) for the forgiveness of sins. If anyone feels they have done something wrong, then they are to quit doing it and replace it with a better habit. That is repentance that results in the forgiveness of sins.

Jesus also made mention of remaining aware of times that someone may be holding something against us. Instead of trying to reconcile with God, we are to first go to anyone who has something against us and reconcile with them before returning to reconcile matters with God.
John 8
New International Version
8 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.(A)

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them.(B) 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women.(C) Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap,(D) in order to have a basis for accusing him.(E)

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone(F) at her.”(G) 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,”(H) Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”(I)
forgive us of our sins and those that sin against us.
Trespass is another word used.
We fucked up and crossed the line. Please forgive us and we'll forget about the asshole that crossed the line here yesterday.

As an at theist, how can sin affect me when I don't have a facility to accept it like believers?
I know sin doesn't exist and never did regardless of how it is frivolously dispensed on people. When the Jesus junkies attribute a sin to some one, what is it they feel or suffer? After begging forgiveness, how do they know it has been removed? Does the person who told them they sinned get a similar message to confirm his freedom of this horrible afflictions.

Who graded the severity of sins like venial and mortal and how do I know the category which I so tenderly was gifted by whoever?

Ponder that.
Does it matter when we can resort to secular and temporal ethics instead?

As an at theist, how can sin affect me when I don't have a facility to accept it like believers?
I know sin doesn't exist and never did regardless of how it is frivolously dispensed on people. When the Jesus junkies attribute a sin to some one, what is it they feel or suffer? After begging forgiveness, how do they know it has been removed? Does the person who told them they sinned get a similar message to confirm his freedom of this horrible afflictions.

Who graded the severity of sins like venial and mortal and how do I know the category which I so tenderly was gifted by whoever?

Ponder that.

Not at all. My view is clear. Sin is a man made penalty and does not exist physically or spiritually. Anything associated to any religion where a god is involved, it's rubbish.

Well, like I said, you will be without this knowledge of the truth until you learn to humble yourself before God and inquire of him about these things. Only through personal revelation via the Holy Ghost can one come to this knowledge. God has set it up this way so that only the true believers in God will have this confirmation. I can't give your the confirmation of the Holy Ghost. I can only tell you what I know from my own personal confirmation. Whether you accept it or not is up to you. For you to get your own personal confirmation you will need to humble yourself before God or you will not receive it.
I see it a bit differently. Humbleness gives the impression of lowering oneself. Thinking even less of oneself is not bearable.

Jesus said that we are the salt of the earth. What many of us desire not be lowered even more, but to be raised up from where we are--even if that, according to many, is a relatively lofty position.

It is the desire of human every heart to love and to be loved. Sin can blind us, start us feeling that we are not the salt of the earth, we are unworthy of great love. We, the individual, close that door, despite being taught that we are the salt of the earth; of God's great mercy and love; that sins are forgiven.

Colin may be trying to go a step beyond "Sins are forgiven" in that there is no sin at all. The reality is, that if there is no sin, then no one has ever sinned against me, that everyone's behavior towards me has been perfect. Further, my behavior towards everyone else is always perfect as well. Dismissing sin would be like accepting imperfection as perfection and seeing of inferior as being the same as superior.

If it is God's purpose to raise us up, then it is our purpose to serve God in raising others. Do we truly see everyone around us as needing nothing, that every single being is great and in great circumstances?

The Bible reflects God musing, "Whom shall I send?" The answer response was not, "I'm too lowly, whatever you do, don't send me." It was, "Here I am Lord. Send me." God raises each of us to raise each other.
None of that proves the existence of a god. You can quote bibles and psalms etc forever but there is no evidence on earth to provide prove.
Shovelling that rubbish on k www deep has no I fluency on me . In fact it says more about how godbotherers will grasp onto anything to not face death and obtain eternity. That's a a fact.

None of that proves the existence of a god.
Not the least interested in proving the existence of God. You can seek and find God for yourself--or not. Your choice. I'm certainly not going to get in the middle of what is only your business. It's easier for me if you are a non-believer, so let's happily keep it at that.

None of that proves the existence of a god.
Not the least interested in proving the existence of God. You can seek and find God for yourself--or not. Your choice. I'm certainly not going to get in the middle of what is only your business. It's easier for me if you are a non-believer, so let's happily keep it at that.

Being dismissive of the fact God doesn't exist won't change anything. Its pure arrogance and obstinance to not investigate the possibility.

You have never searched or found God. That is a lie. You think you have because you wanted to. You have no evidence of finding God and seek all you want and the result will be the same.
Admit it. You have been conned and you have nothing to offer but blind faith.
That is what religion is wholly based on. Never ask question, just believe it or you become a sinning apostate.

Don't waste your time with me love. There's not a single godbotherer on earth that has proof of anything you are delusional.

Ponder that.

Not at all. My view is clear. Sin is a man made penalty and does not exist physically or spiritually. Anything associated to any religion where a god is involved, it's rubbish.
People can be weak. Religion may give them structure. A lot of our pain is from screw ups.

Ponder that.

Job 34:30 may apply as necessary and proper.

grasp onto anything to not face death and obtain eternity.
I've already faced death. It's not that big a deal. How about facing life? Now that's the challenge.
was wondering where everyone went! Thanks for the tip to circumvent Facebook... Works!! I have a whole new profile. I see posts from people I didn't see anymore. Facebook's new algorithm picks the same people - around 25-who will see your posts. Hold your finger anywhere in this post and click " copy ". Go to your page where it says " what's on your mind". Tap your finger anywhere in the empty field. Click paste.
This is going to circumvent the system.
grasp onto anything to not face death and obtain eternity.
I've already faced death. It's not that big a deal. How about facing life? Now that's the challenge.

While ever you have a god you worship you have never faced life.
Living under a false sense of security and anticipating eternity is not facing life.
Do you think atheists don't face life every day?
You're becoming hysterical now.

Ponder that.

Job 34:30 may apply as necessary and proper.

Nothing attached to religion can be necessary, proper or anything else.
I don't believe in any gods so you references are meaningless to an atheist. Can't you understand that? You can't even prove any of it is correct but dispense these lies as if fact.

You have never searched or found God. That is a lie.
It's truth. However, you want proof. Can't help you, not going to try. If you want a discussion of alternate perspective/experience, I'm here.

Truth is supported by evidence. You never found God. That is a blatant lie. How does lying fit with your god?
You cannot explain anything to me because you have nothing.
As if I would waste my to.e
You have never searched or found God. That is a lie.
It's truth. However, you want proof. Can't help you, not going to try. If you want a discussion of alternate perspective/experience, I'm here.
As if I would waste my discussing alternatives with you about ghost that you've been lying about all your life.
Don't make me vomit.

Ponder that.

Your sin is only for believers and it would be arrogant to say it applies to anything else. Apart from the fact there is no such thing.

Not at all. My view is clear. Sin is a man made penalty and does not exist physically or spiritually. Anything associated to any religion where a god is involved, it's rubbish
the metaphysical is both integral as well as unassailable for mortals.

the spoken religion of antiquity began with the dawn of life and prevails to this day - for the spiritual component of physiology and physiology itself to prosper or to dissipate with its failure. knowingly or not and if completed to free the spiritual being is the means for admission to the Everlasting when properly attained.

Ponder that.

Your sin is only for believers and it would be arrogant to say it applies to anything else. Apart from the fact there is no such thing.

Not at all. My view is clear. Sin is a man made penalty and does not exist physically or spiritually. Anything associated to any religion where a god is involved, it's rubbish

the spoken religion of antiquity began with the dawn of life and prevails to this day - for the spiritual component of physiology and physiology itself to prosper or to dissipate with its failure. knowingly or not and if completed to free the spiritual being is the means for admission to the Everlasting when properly attained.

What a religious word salad. I gave no problem you telling me that. The problem starts when you think I will believe that crap.
You have nothing but blind faith. No proof if anything but your hideous bible. No sense if reality or the truth. Immaculate conception and virgin births yet you expect people give your idiot beliefs credence???
Don't insult my intelligence again.

Ponder that.

What a religious word salad. I gave no problem you telling me that. The problem starts when you think I will believe that crap.
You have nothing but blind faith. No proof if anything but your hideous bible. No sense if reality or the truth. Immaculate conception and virgin births yet you expect people give your idiot beliefs credence???
you've done a good job of that yourself ... with no one else even trying.

Ponder that.

you've done a good job of that yourself ... with no one else even trying.

So you believe in talking snakes and resurrections also? I'll bet your pleased you stuck your beak into this.
You not looking so good now son.

Forum List

Back