What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Obama saying to us when he arrives late for speeches?

Amelia

Rookie
Reaction score

He's going to have to be on time for tomorrow's speech because he's up against the game, but in general. Why does he jerk us around the way he does and make us wait on him? It's very disrespectful to the people who are waiting to listen to him.

One more thing ... how long is this speech going to be tomorrow night? With each minute over 15 even some of his most stalwart fans are going to start getting antsy about missing the football festivities. I'll probably listen to him. I like keeping a live count of how many times he says "I, me, my" ... and how many times he turns from asking for bipartisan efforts and then insults Republicans without even taking a breath in between .... Plus I'm not that much into football but a whole lot of those blue collar people he's counting on are going to be impatient.

Claudette

Diamond Member
Reaction score
He shouldn't show up at all.

Works for me.

cutter

Gold Member
Reaction score
He's saying F'you, I'll start when Valerie say's I'll start.

JWBooth

Gold Member
Reaction score

The emperor's time is always more valuable than that of anyone else.
It didn't start with this one, and it will not end with him either.

Reaction score
It is his way of showing off his republican credentials. After all, punctuality is the courtesy of kings.

Immanuel

Gold Member
Reaction score
He is saying the same thing anyone says when they show up late for an engagement.

"I don't respect you or your time. I am more important than you are."

Immie

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Reaction score
Showing us what he's not.
The organic chemistry professor was a true German, short, blond curly hair with a face scrubbed so meticulously it shone.
The class met three days a week at 2:00 PM. He would arrive at precisely three minutes to two, walk to the lab bench in the center of the auditorium, open his suit coat, remove the small binder from his vest pocket, open the binder, lay the binder on the bench, study it momentarily, close the binder, put it back into his pocket, face the auditorium briefly then start his lecture, speaking without stopping for the next fifty minutes. If you accidently dropped your pen, you lost the lecture.

Mustang

Gold Member
Reaction score
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W

He's going to have to be on time for tomorrow's speech because he's up against the game, but in general. Why does he jerk us around the way he does and make us wait on him? It's very disrespectful to the people who are waiting to listen to him.

One more thing ... how long is this speech going to be tomorrow night? With each minute over 15 even some of his most stalwart fans are going to start getting antsy about missing the football festivities. I'll probably listen to him. I like keeping a live count of how many times he says "I, me, my" ... and how many times he turns from asking for bipartisan efforts and then insults Republicans without even taking a breath in between .... Plus I'm not that much into football but a whole lot of those blue collar people he's counting on are going to be impatient.

It says he has a lot on his plate.

francoHFW

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well, Fox and Rush are saying, "You're an ignorant hater moron who thinks stories like this matter"- too bad you're such incredible Pub dupes...Ruining the country for 140 years...

OP
Amelia

Amelia

Rookie
Reaction score

Maybe that's what he wants us to interpret it as. Part of the "I'm more important than you" message.

But if he can't even manage his plate well enough to get to speeches on time, that explains a lot.

konradv

Platinum Member
Reaction score

What about all the times Bush was late? Conveniently forgetting that, aren't you?

OP
Amelia

Amelia

Rookie
Reaction score

What about all the times Bush was late? Conveniently forgetting that, aren't you?

I don't know what you're talking about actually. Bush was known for punctuality.

Obama has been late to more speeches than Bush ever gave.

Obama seems to be suffering under the delusion that if we don't hear him speak every four days we start to miss him.

Maybe if he didn't give so many speeches he could be on time to the ones he gives.

Last edited:

konradv

Platinum Member
Reaction score

I don't know what you're talking about actually. Bush was known for punctuality.

Obama seems to be suffering under the delusion that if we don't hear him speak every four days we start to miss him.

Maybe if he didn't give so many speeches he could be on time to the ones he gives.

That's easy to say, but where's the proof? I think you're just making that up off the top of your head. Considering the your totally biased point of view, nothing should be taken at face value, IMHO!

OP
Amelia

Amelia

Rookie
Reaction score

That's easy to say, but where's the proof? I think you're just making that up off the top of your head. Considering the your totally biased point of view, nothing should be taken at face value, IMHO!

That's funny coming from someone who made up off the top of their head that Bush was late to speeches.

Edit: Ooops, you didn't say "late to speeches". Just late. Don't want to put words into your mouth but I really don't know what you're talking about. He did have a reputation for being punctual.

Last edited:

Mustang

Gold Member
Reaction score

Maybe that's what he wants us to interpret it as. Part of the "I'm more important than you" message.

But if he can't even manage his plate well enough to get to speeches on time, that explains a lot.

President Obama IS more important than individual members of Congress. That's why he has secret service protection and they don't.

OP
Amelia

Amelia

Rookie
Reaction score

President Obama IS more important than individual members of Congress. That's why he has secret service protection and they don't.

And with all the staff and agents he has smoothing out the way in front of him he has no excuse for being late so much.

He should treat us with respect. Or he should expect people to start tuning him out.

Like they are. And it's his own fault.

Mustang

Gold Member
Reaction score

And with all the staff and agents he has smoothing out the way in front of him he has no excuse for being late so much.

He should treat us with respect. Or he should expect people to start tuning him out.

Like they are. And it's his own fault.

Perhaps you should treat president Obama with respect. Have you ever thought of that?

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$260.01
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List