What is it like for you locally ?

Where I live it is pretty much the same as it has been for the last 10 years. Very little growth but frackin is bring in a lot of money. Problem is that it brings in money to a comparatively few people. The area did have a growing spurt right after Wal Mart moved in. Now we have a varity of store. Our unemployment rate I believe to be slightly less then the national average.

In TN we have a decent congresstional delegation and a couple of RINOS as senators.

What about your state legislature ?

The GOP is supposed to be about local politics.

oh the state legislature is FINALLY republican. in 2008 we had a 1 seat majority, first time we had a majority in the house (so it's my contention that the dixiecrats did not join the republican part since we got a majority after say 40 years of Nixon's southern strategy)
But we finally got it in 2008 and kent williams, sold us out. He got every democrat to vote for him for speaker, so they could split the committee chairmenships. In 2010 we elected more republicans and he's no longer the speaker..

Williams was elected as speaker of the Tennessee House on January 13, 2009, in a surprising divergence from the Republican party's accepted plan for succession. Democrats, who had lost the majority in the House for the first time since 1969, threw their support behind Williams as a means of keeping House Majority Leader Jason Mumpower out of the office.[7][8][9] Williams, one of 50 Republicans in the 99-seat House, voted for himself alongside the assembly's 49 Democrats to clinch the position, defeating Mumpower by a vote of 50 to 49.[10] Outgoing speaker Jimmy Naifeh instructed the House clerk to depart from the normal practice of conducting a roll call of the members in alphabetical order, instead calling first on the Democrats, then on the Republicans. This allowed Williams to vote last, so that before he voted he knew that his vote for himself would be the deciding vote. After the vote he was booed[10] and called a "traitor." Subsequently, Williams voted with the Democrats to elect Democrat Lois DeBerry as speaker pro-tem over Republican Beth Harwell.

And this is why I love playing with liberals that just soak up the indoctrination of racial politics....they dont know anything about the "southern" strategy, except what their teachers tell them, and they arent biased...naaaaaaaaah

Can you believe that our local Democrats pulled an "Alvin Greene"? How do you vote for someone that you know nothing about? 48,000 people no less.

We have our first Dem congressman ever, Andrew Cuomo looks like a good bet for 2016. None of the things you've heard about the Empire State are true, dupes. We're #1. Since Cal went Hispanic.

WTF Areyou talking about?
First Cuomo is the governmor. Or did I miss something?
Second what does the bolded quote mean?

my congressman got caught posting a pic of his shwinkie on twitter...

so my democratic district (for the past 90 years) is now represented by a tea party candidate who has nothing in common with his district.

luckily that won't last very long since the district is being gerrymandered out.

What about your state legislature ?

The GOP is supposed to be about local politics.

oh the state legislature is FINALLY republican. in 2008 we had a 1 seat majority, first time we had a majority in the house (so it's my contention that the dixiecrats did not join the republican part since we got a majority after say 40 years of Nixon's southern strategy)
But we finally got it in 2008 and kent williams, sold us out. He got every democrat to vote for him for speaker, so they could split the committee chairmenships. In 2010 we elected more republicans and he's no longer the speaker..

Williams was elected as speaker of the Tennessee House on January 13, 2009, in a surprising divergence from the Republican party's accepted plan for succession. Democrats, who had lost the majority in the House for the first time since 1969, threw their support behind Williams as a means of keeping House Majority Leader Jason Mumpower out of the office.[7][8][9] Williams, one of 50 Republicans in the 99-seat House, voted for himself alongside the assembly's 49 Democrats to clinch the position, defeating Mumpower by a vote of 50 to 49.[10] Outgoing speaker Jimmy Naifeh instructed the House clerk to depart from the normal practice of conducting a roll call of the members in alphabetical order, instead calling first on the Democrats, then on the Republicans. This allowed Williams to vote last, so that before he voted he knew that his vote for himself would be the deciding vote. After the vote he was booed[10] and called a "traitor." Subsequently, Williams voted with the Democrats to elect Democrat Lois DeBerry as speaker pro-tem over Republican Beth Harwell.

And this is why I love playing with liberals that just soak up the indoctrination of racial politics....they dont know anything about the "southern" strategy, except what their teachers tell them, and they arent biased...naaaaaaaaah

Can you believe that our local Democrats pulled an "Alvin Greene"? How do you vote for someone that you know nothing about? 48,000 people no less.

Yeah I love that article, they just picked the first name...how uniformed and lazy do you have to be? Gee I wonder why one party democrat areas are crumbling....it's amazing.

My congressperson is Marcy Kaptur and Senator Sherrod Brown. Marcy beat Dennis Kucinich in the primary and will easily hold her seat. Sherrod is polling very well and is expected to hold his seat as well. Sherrod is being bombed with attack ads but they aren't working here.

Love them both.

I live in what's now part of a Republican sinkhole. Dems had to caucus to get a candidate on the ballot this year.

My congressperson is Marcy Kaptur and Senator Sherrod Brown. Marcy beat Dennis Kucinich in the primary and will easily hold her seat. Sherrod is polling very well and is expected to hold his seat as well. Sherrod is being bombed with attack ads but they aren't working here.

Love them both.

I am interested in local candidates.

Do you watch, for instance, your city council or county commissioner races.

Most "Republicans" around here are only focused on the big stuff (and it pisses them off when I say it). I was at a meeting about three years ago when the speaker of the house (Kansas) got up and said, "If conservatives won't run for the school boards where they live, then don't come whining to us in Topeka about school spending."

It went over a like a led balloon and I thought..what are these morons missing ?

Can I point something out, here, gang?

I'm hearing, "I love them both" and other platitudes and raves about your Congress-Critters and Sin-a-tors.

But ya know what?

They're the biggest part of what is wrong with our system of government, Republican and Democrat alike.

We all come here, on a daily basis, and bitch about this, that and the other about the *other* party.
But few want to admit that their own party is the problem.

I got news for ya.
THEY BOTH ARE THE PROBLEM.

Congressional approval ratings are 1% higher than kitten-strangings, and we're here saying that we're happy with OUR representatives??

WTF, people????
:eek:

I'm probably going to end up voting for Tim Mahoney over Tom Rooney (Google them and you'll see the stark difference) and you guys think everything's sunshine and fucking rainbows?????

All I can say is you deserve what you get.

Sorry
:cool:

I'm hearing, "I love them both" and other platitudes and raves about your Congress-Critters and Sin-a-tors.

But ya know what?

They're the biggest part of what is wrong with our system of government, Republican and Democrat alike.

We all come here, on a daily basis, and bitch about this, that and the other about the *other* party.

I got news for ya.

Congressional approval ratings are 1% higher than kitten-strangings, and we're here saying that we're happy with OUR representatives??

WTF, people????

I'm probably going to end up voting for Tim Mahoney over Tom Rooney (Google them and you'll see the stark difference) and you guys think everything's sunshine and fucking rainbows?????

Sorry

most people are happy with their own representatives.

we're *unhappy* with everyone else's. just how it is.

But ya know what?

I got news for ya.

WTF, people????

Sorry

Yeah that's the real problem, I like mine, Marsha Blackburn, but I really dont like my senators.....

But ya know what?

I got news for ya.

WTF, people????

Sorry

Yeah that's the real problem, I like mine, Marsha Blackburn, but I really dont like my senators.....

I like mine, too, but I'm ready to vote him out.
2 terms is the limit for me.

Luckily, Rubio's only on his first

We have our first Dem congressman ever, Andrew Cuomo looks like a good bet for 2016. None of the things you've heard about the Empire State are true, dupes. We're #1. Since Cal went Hispanic.

You live in NY 26?

I worked on Jon Powers' campaign in the 2008 primary, and I've worked on countless State Senate and Assembly races in that area.

I like that area.

Here in Missouri I feel confident that Clair Mcobama is going to soundly lose this fall. I have donated some money to help her find her way back home

Forum List

Back