What Is A True Conservative And Why Don't They Ever Get Elected President

1st time ever agree with Sunni, Trump is the 1st independent president.
independent of ever having to have any concern for the "other" half of the country
any concern for the Republican party
any concern for law custom, protocol, or the rest of the world.
runs the country just the same as he is still running his business
in his own best interest.

Obama had his radical hard core base, and Trump has his.

So what?? ... :cool:
Lol @ Obama's radical hard core base

Look up the meaning of 'radical.'

It applies to the Left....but not the Right.

I'd suggest you stick to words you can define.....but, then you'd be mute.
Obama didn't have a radical base -- he had a leftist opposition because Obama WAS NOT a progressive ....

you simply calling anything to the left of Ayn Rand radical, doesn't make it true...

Of course, you're wrong.

Here's your lesson for today....take notes.

While there is a Far Left in this nation, and Obama was the titular head of same, there is no Far Right.

Watch:
The terms far right and far left are relative to some understood center.

To be "far," one's positions must be radical relative to that center.
American traditions, values, and history represent that center.

The premise
here is that, if I can show that the values called 'Far Right' are actually at the center of American traditions, values, and history represent that center, well then, they cannot be correctly awarded the modifier "Far."

"Radical" is important to the discussion. It means
"especially of change or action relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough" (see Google.)

Let's take as an example, traditional marriage, that involves one man and one woman, and compare that with homosexual marriage..
....which is the radical position?
Hence, Far Left.

Need convincing? Well, a common social reference is 'the nuclear family.' It has always menant:
" a family group that consists only of father, mother, and children" Definition of NUCLEAR FAMILY

How about 'traditional family'?
"A traditional family is a family structure that consists of a man, woman and one or more of their biological or adopted children. In most traditional families, the man and woman are husband and wife." Traditional Family: Definition & Concept | Study.com

So....as far as the concept of marriage and family, where do we find the radical position?
The Left.
Hence, 'Far Left.'....Obama and the Democrat's position.

So far, far from the center, that they cannot point to a single philosopher, sage, or religious leader throughout history who has endorsed homosexual marriage.

I'd be happy to provide other radical positions....the Far Left, the Democrats/Liberals

Your challenge:
If you have used the fallacy "Far Right," or never considered its usage, see if you can come up with any radical positions by conservatives, the right wing.

Bet you can't.

Populism is a left leaning philosophy.

Only if the majority of the populous leans left
No, what I mean is that it automatically moves your position on the spectrum leftward.

Perhaps you do not understand what Populism is. Populism is an appeal to the masses, so if the masses lean right, Populism will lean right. If the masses lean left, Populism will lean left. Populism in and of itself has no internal lean either left or right.
An appeal to the masses on the right currently means that you go to the leftmost position on the right.

While an appeal to the masses on the left also means you go to the leftmost position on the left.
I don’t think that’s true. Let’s take the immigration issue and Trump as an example. He has taken a very strong position by proposing to build a border wall and by using very harsh rhetoric around that issue. I’d say that it is a far “right” position on the spectrum. I think many people who support national security and border protection supported Trumps stance but didn’t necessarily agree that a wall was needed or feel that the rhetoric was reflective of their views. I think they supported him none the less because they believed that he would get something done or because his views were closer to theirs than Clinton.
Trump’s position on immigration is no different than Bill Clinton’s was.

It is definitely not “far right”.

In fact it is the Democrats who have adopted very far left policies in regards to immigration(just like pretty much every other issue).

Populism is a left leaning philosophy.

No, what I mean is that it automatically moves your position on the spectrum leftward.

Perhaps you do not understand what Populism is. Populism is an appeal to the masses, so if the masses lean right, Populism will lean right. If the masses lean left, Populism will lean left. Populism in and of itself has no internal lean either left or right.
An appeal to the masses on the right currently means that you go to the leftmost position on the right.

While an appeal to the masses on the left also means you go to the leftmost position on the left.

Now you are just making shit up.

Just stop while you are behind.
So you think a right wing populist would go to the farmost right to get support from the entire right end of the spectrum?

Are you an idiot?

Obama didn't have a radical base -- he had a leftist opposition because Obama WAS NOT a progressive ....

you simply calling anything to the left of Ayn Rand radical, doesn't make it true...

Of course, you're wrong.

While there is a Far Left in this nation, and Obama was the titular head of same, there is no Far Right.

Watch:

The premise
here is that, if I can show that the values called 'Far Right' are actually at the center of American traditions, values, and history represent that center, well then, they cannot be correctly awarded the modifier "Far."

"especially of change or action relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough" (see Google.)

Let's take as an example, traditional marriage, that involves one man and one woman, and compare that with homosexual marriage..
Hence, Far Left.

Need convincing? Well, a common social reference is 'the nuclear family.' It has always menant:
" a family group that consists only of father, mother, and children" Definition of NUCLEAR FAMILY

"A traditional family is a family structure that consists of a man, woman and one or more of their biological or adopted children. In most traditional families, the man and woman are husband and wife." Traditional Family: Definition & Concept | Study.com

So....as far as the concept of marriage and family, where do we find the radical position?
The Left.

So far, far from the center, that they cannot point to a single philosopher, sage, or religious leader throughout history who has endorsed homosexual marriage.

I'd be happy to provide other radical positions....the Far Left, the Democrats/Liberals

Your challenge:
If you have used the fallacy "Far Right," or never considered its usage, see if you can come up with any radical positions by conservatives, the right wing.

Bet you can't.
Yea, there is no such thing as far right -- because nothing is too far right for folks like yourself...got it

Of course, you're wrong.

Watch:

The premise

Hence, Far Left.

The Left.

Your challenge:

Bet you can't.
Yea, there is no such thing as far right -- because nothing is too far right for folks like yourself...got it
Name a far right position.

I don’t think that’s true. Let’s take the immigration issue and Trump as an example. He has taken a very strong position by proposing to build a border wall and by using very harsh rhetoric around that issue. I’d say that it is a far “right” position on the spectrum. I think many people who support national security and border protection supported Trumps stance but didn’t necessarily agree that a wall was needed or feel that the rhetoric was reflective of their views. I think they supported him none the less because they believed that he would get something done or because his views were closer to theirs than Clinton.

In fact it is the Democrats who have adopted very far left policies in regards to immigration(just like pretty much every other issue).
Lol.......I bet you that Trump will be ran out of the White House if he ever claimed that his immigration policy is the same as Clinton's policy

And he will definitely be ran out of the WH if he said his immigration policy is the same as Reagans

What Americans Mean When They Say They're Conservative - The Atlantic

I remember when Bush got elected and how we were told that he is a "true conservative" -- then after 8 years of Bush, we were told that he was never really a "true conservative"

When McCain ran for office, he wasn't considered a "true conservative" but his running mate Sarah Palin was not only considered a "true conservative" -- but she was destined to be the greatest political figure since Ronald Reagan -- it took McCain dying for most republicans to remember Sarah Palin still existed.

When Mitt Romney ran for office, we were told that he wasn't exactly a "true conservative" -- but since he was a businessman, he would be a great president -- but now, outside of Mormons in Utah, not many people are willing to admit they were huge Romney supporters.

So I ask, since for the past 40 years, the GOP hasn't ever nominated what they would proudly admit is a "true conservative" -- is Trump now that "true conservative" -- or will republicans years from now also opine about how Trump wasn't really a "true conservative"
Bush is as Conservative as your Jake Starkey doppelganger is Republican

Trump campaigned on a border wall that Mexico would pay for... wants to end chain migration and the visa lottery and wants to reduce the number of legal immigrants that we let in. He also directed a zero tolerance border policy that led to the debacle we’ve been hearing about on the border.

What was Clinton’s policy?

What Americans Mean When They Say They're Conservative - The Atlantic

I remember when Bush got elected and how we were told that he is a "true conservative" -- then after 8 years of Bush, we were told that he was never really a "true conservative"

When McCain ran for office, he wasn't considered a "true conservative" but his running mate Sarah Palin was not only considered a "true conservative" -- but she was destined to be the greatest political figure since Ronald Reagan -- it took McCain dying for most republicans to remember Sarah Palin still existed.

When Mitt Romney ran for office, we were told that he wasn't exactly a "true conservative" -- but since he was a businessman, he would be a great president -- but now, outside of Mormons in Utah, not many people are willing to admit they were huge Romney supporters.

So I ask, since for the past 40 years, the GOP hasn't ever nominated what they would proudly admit is a "true conservative" -- is Trump now that "true conservative" -- or will republicans years from now also opine about how Trump wasn't really a "true conservative"
A true conservative, first and foremost, is fiscally conservative. Our national debt is the single greatest threat to our security and our future.

Not Mexicans, not gays, not even guns or Muslims.

Trump is on track to shatter Obama's debt record, and yet not a single pseudocon has uttered a single word of condemnation for his spending, after eight years of apoplectic, foaming at the mouth, manufactured and directed outrage over Obama's spending.

So that's another hallmark of a true conservative. Someone with the integrity to call the rubes on their hypocrisy and bullshit.

Another mark of a conservative is the importance of family and fidelity. Trump falls flat on his face on this count, and the pseudocons worship him for it!

Lol.......I bet you that Trump will be ran out of the White House if he ever claimed that his immigration policy is the same as Clinton's policy

And he will definitely be ran out of the WH if he said his immigration policy is the same as Reagans
Trump has already mentioned how similar his position sounds to his former friend the “centrist” Bill Clinton.

Of course, you're wrong.

Watch:

The premise

Hence, Far Left.

The Left.

Your challenge:

Bet you can't.
No need, I am not in the mood for people moving goal posts and all out deflection -- because the minute I name a far right position, you will find a way to say "well that's not what most conservatives want"

Trump has already mentioned how similar his position sounds to his former friend the “centrist” Bill Clinton.
Similar in policy, but you and I both know that most Trump supporters have no idea what the policies are -- they only care about the rhetoric

If Clinton was out calling illegals murders and rapists he may have more respect from conservatives -- even tho he signed an immigration law that was very conservative -- but Clinton wasn't a progressive, neither was Obama, but who cares about facts

Of course, you're wrong.

Watch:

The premise

Hence, Far Left.

The Left.

Your challenge:

Bet you can't.
No need, I am not in the mood for people moving goal posts and all out deflection -- because the minute I name a far right position, you will find a way to say "well that's not what most conservatives want"
And I will be right in saying that.

The only person I know who has unapologetically far right positions on some things is myself, and that is counterbalanced by being pretty left wing on all the other issues.

Of course, you're wrong.

Watch:

The premise

Hence, Far Left.

The Left.

Your challenge:

Bet you can't.

In notice, and, no doubt, readers of our posts will, too, that you utterly failed the challenge to find any radical positions of the conservative, Rightwing.

And, the mark of a government school grad, you trip over this boulder of a truth, and simply stagger on.

Just between the two of us….are you just a leeeeettttle disappointed at how you turned out?

Of course, you're wrong.

Watch:

The premise

Hence, Far Left.

The Left.

Your challenge:

Bet you can't.
And I will be right in saying that.

The only person I know who has unapologetically far right positions on some things is myself, and that is counterbalanced by being pretty left wing on all the other issues.
So basically when a position is one you personally don't agree with -- you can declare it as non-existent...got it

If we could meet in the middle, do you think we would be better off?

Of course not, silly.....evil must be defeated, not compromised with.

220state20solution20Kerry.jpg

Forum List

Back