What If Trumps Recent "AssWhoopins" Brings His Approval Near 60%?What Will The Left Do?

LeeOnLido

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2018
Now remember what happened to Bush after 9/11? didnt he come close to 99% approval?
Hey, so long as Trump keeps opening up cans of whoop ass in Iran as we get closer to October, odds are he will be in the high 50's approval.
Should be interesting what the final 3 or 4 Democrats will have to say and campaign on if all is still going for Trump come Sept/Oct. with the economy and watching Iran slowly turning into Venezueala and Baltimore.
:5_1_12024:

Don't get your hopes up......they will more than likely ignore any increase in approval and continue to report what he does that they don't like

Between el Baghdadi and Soleimani his approval should be breaking records.

In both actions no American lives were lost.

Now remember what happened to Bush after 9/11? didnt he come close to 99% approval?
Hey, so long as Trump keeps opening up cans of whoop ass in Iran as we get closer to October, odds are he will be in the high 50's approval.
Should be interesting what the final 3 or 4 Democrats will have to say and campaign on if all is still going for Trump come Sept/Oct. with the economy and watching Iran slowly turning into Venezueala and Baltimore.

America loves a good fight. And we like to win. Every taxpayer in this country has invested on average about $4,300 per year into our military, the finest in the world. That is an awful lot of money only going to waste if we never use it. We have jets and drones, satellites, missiles and bombs and things no one can even imagine. We should be able to lay waste to Tehran in one lazy afternoon while sipping an iced tea from a comfortable chair watching the Playoffs on a television with no more than the press of a button.

No other country on this planet could be trusted with so much power yet routinely exercise such restraint. Thank God for America.

They will mock those posting the poll results, asserting the same posters mocked the polls showing hitlery winning by 90% ratios.

some snarky bed wetter said:
Oh, so now you nazis believe the polls?

there will be no accolades for donny on this one, except for his basket dwelling base. most thinking individuals understand that it was really bad how we didn't even consult iraq on this. think about it if another nation took that action against someone inside this country, without consultation.

what president dotard did, was stir a hornet nest - & put our troops at great risk over there. not just in iraq - but every ME installation, embassy, & consulate. every government official & their family. every american abroad & possibly here at home. americans have once again got targets on our backs.

9/11 was a totally different scenario. oh & when we got attacked FIRST, we had to go to the UN & CONvince them that going into a sovereign nation ( which had zero to do with 9/11) was the right thing to do & please help us do it.

them thar NATO nations, whom donny has pretty much burned, may not wanna help us again & who can blame them?

What will they do? They will lose the election.

Did any of you catch that official statement that the WH released?

The dude almost looked like he was forced to read that shit at gun point. No conviction. Boring low energy delivery. Difficulty reading.

Your embarrassment level must be in the clouds.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Most C'nC's gain popularity starting a conflict , then have it dwindle when the body bags start coming home

~S~

Most C'nC's gain popularity starting a conflict , then have it dwindle when the body bags start coming home

~S~

which is why W. made sure those flag draped coffins weren't being reported on air.

has there been any evidence shown yet as to why we conducted a pre eminent strike? no? no yo say? hmmmmm..... curious that.

They would downplay & distort all the good and highlight & focus on all the bad. As always. Always hope for the worst when the other guys are in power. Party over country. Partisans are fairly predictable.
What was W’s approval rating in the aftermath of 9/11?
Um, I don't remember. I think it was pretty high temporarily. Looks like you're jumping in to illustrate my point for me again, cool.

They would downplay & distort all the good and highlight & focus on all the bad. As always. Always hope for the worst when the other guys are in power. Party over country. Partisans are fairly predictable.
Um, I don't remember. I think it was pretty high temporarily. Looks like you're jumping in to illustrate my point for me again, cool.

Were Dems hoping that Bush failed in his response to the attack? Was it party over country then?

Um, yeah, funny thing... Bush's approval ended up in the 20's when it was clear he had no idea what he was doing.

It won't take nearly as long with Trump. Probably right after the Iraqi Parliament votes to tell American Troops to leave will it be obvious how bad he's fucked this up.

Funny thing about Bush, compared to Trump. Bush built national consensus, worked with our Allies and the UN and it still went to shit in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Were Dems hoping that Bush failed in his response to the attack? Was it party over country then?
As I recall, there was certainly some of that. But this has deteriorated pretty rapidly since then.

Between el Baghdadi and Soleimani his approval should be breaking records.

In both actions no American lives were lost.

But American interests ended up worse off.

Handing Syria over to the Russians and Turks and Iraq over to the Iranians... not a good thing. He's also getting ready to turn Afghanistan over to the Taliban.

South Korea better watch it's back.

Bush began his presidency with ratings near 60%.[3] In the time of national crisis following the September 11 attacks, polls showed approval ratings of greater than 85%, peaking in at 92%,[4] and a steady 80–90% approval for about four months after the attacks.[5

Public image of George W. Bush - Wikipedia

Exactly right, and now they are hoping for a massive Iranian response that will kill many Americans because it will be bad for the President. I can still remember when Democrats were loyal Americans and not just loyal to the Party.

Forum List

Back