What if the better-educated, more successful states refused to subsidize the ones on the take?

schmidlap

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2020
Balance of payments is the amount of revenue paid to the federal government from a state’s residents and economy (taxes) minus the amount of federal spending in that state. Donor states pay more to the federal government in taxes than they receive back in funding.

Advanced states have been bankrolling the ne'er-do-wells, who often bite the generous hands that feed them by enacting retrogressive, discriminatory laws.

New York is the largest donor state in the U.S., with a negative balance of payments at $22,798,000,000.

The next six donor states and the negative balances of their contributions to the federal government are:

On the other end of the spectrum are these state with the amount they grab from the general coffers, a transfer of wealth from the fiscally successful ones:
If beggar states insist on using their largesse from their benefactor states to fund their repressive statism - suppressing freedom and equality in such matters of public interest as voting, reproductive rights, public health, climatology, science teaching - instead financing rabid Statism in the form of gag orders, book banning, bureaucratic womb control, denial of an American's equality despite differences, why fund them?

I cannot pass an indigent on the street without giving him a few bucks, inquiring after his well-being, and listening to his concerns, but, if I found that he was using my meager benefaction for noxious purposes, would I not be justified in desisting from such discretionary allocation of my resources?

An individual and a society honoring the corporal works of mercy is a benison to both, but there is an assumption of responsibility.

In sharing one's prosperity, one should do no harm.

Yes, by all means, the "donor" states should quit being so and cut blacks off at the knees in the "beggar" states.....They could then be voluntarily transplanted into the "donor" states to be cared for cradle to grave......Then let's see how the "donor" states like the taste of that mutton. ;)

Balance of payments is the amount of revenue paid to the federal government from a state’s residents and economy (taxes) minus the amount of federal spending in that state. Donor states pay more to the federal government in taxes than they receive back in funding.

Advanced states have been bankrolling the ne'er-do-wells, who often bite the generous hands that feed them by enacting retrogressive, discriminatory laws.

New York is the largest donor state in the U.S., with a negative balance of payments at $22,798,000,000.

The next six donor states and the negative balances of their contributions to the federal government are:

On the other end of the spectrum are these state with the amount they grab from the general coffers, a transfer of wealth from the fiscally successful ones:
If beggar states insist on using their largesse from their benefactor states to fund their repressive statism - suppressing freedom and equality in such matters of public interest as voting, reproductive rights, public health, climatology, science teaching - instead financing rabid Statism in the form of gag orders, book banning, bureaucratic womb control, denial of an American's equality despite differences, why fund them?

I cannot pass an indigent on the street without giving him a few bucks, inquiring after his well-being, and listening to his concerns, but, if I found that he was using my meager benefaction for noxious purposes, would I not be justified in desisting from such discretionary allocation of my resources?

An individual and a society honoring the corporal works of mercy is a benison to both, but there is an assumption of responsibility.

There is no such thing as Red States and Blue states.

It is America and the Democrat controlled big city shitholes.

That is the divide in America.

Great hypothetical! Great premise!

Heck, that is like me suggesting that all the red farm states which grow all the corn, soybeans, wheat, and cows, just cut off your food supply and starve you bastions of Leftism out. I promise you, you would starve out long before we ran out of money, and while it was happening, we would cook steaks and post it, and you could post you guys eating dollar bills-) Hmm, New Yorkers fighting over an ear of corn. Could be fun!

There is no such thing as Red States and Blue states.

It is America and the Democrat controlled big city shitholes.

That is the divide in America.

Exactly. Big cities in red states often go blue. Voters in upstate NY are a far cry from NYC. Most upstate New Yorkers I have met are ashamed of NYC voters. Unfortunately for them, they have to live under the politics those folks elect. Funny that many are moving out of the city due to crime to upstate but they STILL won’t put 2 and 2 together that it is the way they vote that caused the problem to start with. Seriously, liberalism is a mental disorder.

Holy meadow muffins Batman, not this bullshit again!

How many times a year do we have to suffer this debunked swill?

this_thread_again_super.jpg

"Better educated" but can't tell a man from a woman?

Sure

This stuff is often talked about, but it's kind of a useless metric. There are lots of reasons why the federal government spends money in given state, and the numbers used in the above kinds of analyses never provide a real depiction of what is going on. For example, the federal spending could be related to a military installation, or the cost to operate facilities for federal agencies, like the CDC.

For example, the federal spending could be related to a military installation, or the cost to operate facilities for federal agencies, like the CDC.
No, neither are allocation of federal resources to state coffers.

The donor states, via the federal government, subsidize the ones on the take.

I should tell you why your assertions of this is really juvenile. I mean... it is obvious as the sun rising every morning.
But...nah... you will choose to live in the dark anyway.
Hilarious.

Forum List

Back