What If Biden Is Not The Democratic Nominee In 2024?

Everybody knows Joenis old and he ran to boot Trump from office. Mission accomplished. I hope he doesn’t run again, time to pass the torch to some young energy. Just gotta find good candidates

If Biden resigns or is pushed out, what possible reason would there be to keep Harris off the ticket in 2024? Why would she even agree? There isn't one, that's the problem. She has no known health issues, she has championed the liberal agenda, and has been fully endorsed by the left.
Because she would be a sure loser in the general election. Most Americans are getting tired of identity politics.

If Biden isn't available for any reason, Harris gets nominated.

If she doesn't want it, is otherwise unavailable, they will give the nomination to another woman of color. Stacey Abrams or Liz "Pocahontas" Warren would have to be the frontrunner.

As far as Newsome or any other straight, honky male- there isn't a chance of a snowball in you know where that the party will give them the nomination.
Good point. Probably Fauxcahontas or Hillary.

There is something wrong with Kumquat Harris. Perhaps a form of autism.
I'm beginning to wonder about that a little myself. I've read all the unfortunate speeches she's given lately, and really, they are such a mess verbally that one wonders what her problem is.

Everybody knows Joenis old and he ran to boot Trump from office. Mission accomplished. I hope he doesn’t run again, time to pass the torch to some young energy. Just gotta find good candidates
Hillary is the best IMO, but she's about the only sane one who isn't a commie. NOT a deep bench, y'all.

I'm beginning to wonder about that a little myself. I've read all the unfortunate speeches she's given lately, and really, they are such a mess verbally that one wonders what her problem is.
She sometimes fixates on a word and repeats it over and over. It's not what clear thinking does.

What message does that send from Democrats?

1. Biden is too old, frail, and riddled with dementia but we still need to stay on this same course

2. The country is indeed on the wrong track and Biden refuses to change course

3. The country is only on the wrong track because Biden hasn't been able to enact progressive policies. If I'm elected president things will be different. I will whip Manchin and Sinema into complete and total submission. The filibuster will be eliminated and I will make sure that progressive policies will be the law of the land, even if Republicans take back the House.

4. To be honest, Joe is too old, the country is on the wrong track, Republicans will probably take back the House, so I will probably not be able to accomplish anything during my first few years. But, we need to vote the other guys out, have new blood (me), keep on grinding that orange man bad, play up Jan 6th to the hilt, attack SCOTUS to the hilt, and resist resist resist so that we will again rise to power a few years down the road. That's really our best shot.

This is not actually a poll, which is why I'm not making it a poll. It is a thread to promote discussion. Does a change at the top for the nominee doom the Democratic party in 2024 or will it make it stronger? Is dumping Joe an admission that the country is on the wrong track or, do we need to go full steam ahead, just with a different leader? Or, will this all just wash over and by 2024 Americans will be more optimistic than they are now after they have seen we were on the right track all along?
I don't see Kamala Harris as being anywhere near competent to run our country. Not even close.

Gavin Newsom will probably be the nominee if Biden does not run again.

She sometimes fixates on a word and repeats it over and over. It's not what clear thinking does.
Perseveration! That's the word for doing that, a form of aphasia. Now I am getting nervous. You're right, that's exactly what is going on in those speeches. She fixes on one word and just cannot get off it.

Because she would be a sure loser in the general election. Most Americans are getting tired of identity politics.
She is fully endorsed by the full crop of potential candidates. Explain how they throw her under the bus without ruining their own credibility. They can't. That's the price you pay for choosing weak placeholders.

Biden will not run in 2024. He may resign (for "health" reasons) before the end of this year in order to avoid a GOP House investigation into his corrupt dealings with foreign governments. Lots of calculations are being made right now on how to minimize the damage that has done to the Democratic Party. I think he will resign in order to allow Kamala to become the first Black Female President (who will then pardon him). If the GOP takes the Senate, she will appoint Joe Manchin as VP with the understanding that she will not run in 2024.
You’re delusional

I don't see Kamala Harris as being anywhere near competent to run our country. Not even close.

Gavin Newsom will probably be the nominee if Biden does not run again.
Yet you folks voted for her to run the country if anything happens to that decrepit creature in the White House. Can't pretend that possibility wasn't there from day one.

Yet you folks voted for her to run the country if anything happens to that decrepit creature in the White House. Can't pretend that possibility wasn't there from day one.
Crazy that that option of Biden and Harris was so much better than the alternative option. Trump was that much of a disaster.

Crazy that that option of Biden and Harris was so much better than the alternative option. Trump was that much of a disaster.
Not likely. The vast electoral irregularities, last minute violations to election laws, and 2 am ballot dumps tell a different story.

Biden will not run in 2024. He may resign (for "health" reasons) before the end of this year in order to avoid a GOP House investigation into his corrupt dealings with foreign governments. Lots of calculations are being made right now on how to minimize the damage that has done to the Democratic Party. I think he will resign in order to allow Kamala to become the first Black Female President (who will then pardon him). If the GOP takes the Senate, she will appoint Joe Manchin as VP with the understanding that she will not run in 2024.
It would be better for the party for him to not seek a second term due to health or age reasons. If they have to primary against him, that would be bad for the party.

Disaster? How so? It is under Biden that Americans can't afford gas, groceries, or rent anymore, let alone anything else. Oh, I forgot, that has nothing to do with Biden, even though over 80% of Americans think the country is going in the wrong direction.

Disaster? How so? It is under Biden that Americans can't afford gas, groceries, or rent anymore, let alone anything else. Oh, I forgot, that has nothing to do with Biden, even though over 80% of Americans think the country is going in the wrong direction.
Of course the country is going in the wrong direction. Interest rates and inflation are in the rise and gas prices are absurd. That doesn’t mean Trump was a better option than Biden last election

I think her problem is they (not particularly her herself) simply have no clue and can't defend their policies because there is nothing there to grab ahold of and defend, with over 80% of Americans thinking that the country is going in the wrong direction. The only two options seem to be to either admit that your policies aren't working, or to claim that we need to continue going full steam ahead because that iceberg isn't as big as it looks and that there are clear waters behind it. So, they are going with option two but just can't figure out how to convince 80% of Americans to stay the course.

Forum List

Back