What I Observed Yesterday Sunday 22

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
As I was driving to get gas, at 7am, I passed by the Ventura Smart & Final store. That store had a group of seniors, all huddled together awaiting the doors to open for them a half-hour early. So much for social distancing there.
On my way to get a coffee I stopped at a 7-11 store. All the drink and coffee machines where cordoned off where the clerk behind the counter was taking orders. One at a time. There were at least 8 people standing in line waiting. So much again.
When I got to work in Santa Barbara, there were family sized groups all walking to the beach. Those groups, one after another, acted like they had not one clue concerning stay at home and social distancing protocol. So much there, also.
Now it was lunch time, so I drove around to see what was still open for business. My favorites were all closed. So, I said, screw it.
Heading back to work I saw that almost all of the Mexican food restaurants were still open. All had many customers in them.
This morning on the radio, I heard that SB County Sheriff put out a stern re-directive concerning stay home and social distancing protocol, and that they will be arresting those in non-compliance. Those restaurants may be in for a surprise, as well. Maybe the SBSO directive towards the directive is only a threat, but come on people, get with the program.
Oh yes, I did get some lunch. Some fries from McDonalds. It is a walk-in no drive thru with no dining in, and it was empty besides me and one woman. Amazing.

Sorry for putting this in Politics. If Mod wants to move it it's fine with me.

I know our local grocers are opening an hour early for seniors only, to shop, so they are not as exposed to asymptomatic people.

As I was driving to get gas, at 7am, I passed by the Ventura Smart & Final store. That store had a group of seniors, all huddled together awaiting the doors to open for them a half-hour early. So much for social distancing there.
On my way to get a coffee I stopped at a 7-11 store. All the drink and coffee machines where cordoned off where the clerk behind the counter was taking orders. One at a time. There were at least 8 people standing in line waiting. So much again.
When I got to work in Santa Barbara, there were family sized groups all walking to the beach. Those groups, one after another, acted like they had not one clue concerning stay at home and social distancing protocol. So much there, also.
Now it was lunch time, so I drove around to see what was still open for business. My favorites were all closed. So, I said, screw it.
Heading back to work I saw that almost all of the Mexican food restaurants were still open. All had many customers in them.
This morning on the radio, I heard that SB County Sheriff put out a stern re-directive concerning stay home and social distancing protocol, and that they will be arresting those in non-compliance. Those restaurants may be in for a surprise, as well. Maybe the SBSO directive towards the directive is only a threat, but come on people, get with the program.
Oh yes, I did get some lunch. Some fries from McDonalds. It is a walk-in no drive thru with no dining in, and it was empty besides me and one woman. Amazing.

Honestly the social distancing isn’t going to do much. Kind of sounds like a politician heard a doctor talk about droplet transmission going 6 feet. And they said then will make everyone stand 6 feet away from each other. It’s the non-direct transmission I’m worried about. It can live on surfaces for 5 maybe even 9 days. Someone covers their mouth to cough, touches the card reader keypad you’re about to use, then you pick it up. I mean I guess it might help a little, but not enough to matter

Honestly the social distancing isn’t going to do much. Kind of sounds like a politician heard a doctor talk about droplet transmission going 6 feet. And they said then will make everyone stand 6 feet away from each other. It’s the non-direct transmission I’m worried about. It can live on surfaces for 5 maybe even 9 days. Someone covers their mouth to cough, touches the card reader keypad you’re about to use, then you pick it up. I mean I guess it might help a little, but not enough to matter
Maybe you should become a test-dummy and stand with a group of (possibly) infected people. I read that you are an RN. Why aren't you at work?

Nitrile gloves. Walmart seems to have a shitload of them in the paint department, for some reason. Nobody seems to know they're back there.

In case you missed it in the other thread where I shared this with you,
according to a new study from National Institutes of Health, CDC, UCLA and Princeton University scientists in The New England Journal of Medicine. The scientists found that severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) was detectable in aerosols for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.

Not 5-9 days.

Mexicans, Blacks, and many Asians do not give a SHIT about any order to stay at home. That is why where their families (or them) are from, are shit holes.
America...embrace your mocha turd of a future.

I took a motorcycle ride (around Pittsburgh) and was a little bit surprised to see hordes of people getting moderate exercise in the huge municipal park (Schenley Park), including a large group playing Frisbee golf. Groups of three and four walking pleasantly around. Same on the campus of Univ of Pittsburgh - which I understand has sent everybody home. ?? Same thing at North Park, near where I live. Thousands of people walking, riding, and running around the lake. Restaurants all closed, except for take-out. No exceptions. Lowes's doing a good business - mostly contractors?

This is how nature has it's way of thinning the weak links in the herd through attrition

And to think that 50-100 years from now this will be a student's thesis that is going for his doctorate.

The one thing I'm doing to protect myself from the corona virus.

When I go to fill up my car at the gas pump. I have a pair of work gloves that I put on before picking up the pump handle and inserting the nozzle into my car.

Because you have no idea the medical condition of the last person that used it to fill up their car. ... :cool:

Last edited:
Sounds like the people in Ventura / Santa Barbara are sick of being told what to do by the idiots that run California.

If you listen to the fake news media, the only way to avoid catching the Kung-Flu is to tremble in fear and hoard toilet paper.

The reality is that getting some sunshine (Vitamin D) and exercising in the fresh air will do far more to eliminate the Kung-Flu than sitting at home cowering in fear.

The one thing I'm doing to protect myself from the corona virus.

When I go to full up my car at the gas pump. I have a pair of work gloves that I put on before picking up the pump handle and inserting the nozzle into my car.

Because you have no idea the medical condition of the last person that used it to fill up their car. ... :cool:
And you should protect yourself. It's all about having your own now. I have a diesel VW and where I fill up they have plastic gloves and wipes so you don't smell of fuel. No more. People take everything in sight now. My neighbor said she saw a guy stealing the hand wipes dispenser stand from outside of a store a few weeks ago.

Sounds like the people in Ventura / Santa Barbara are sick of being told what to do by the idiots that run California.

If you listen to the fake news media, the only way to avoid catching the Kung-Flu is to tremble in fear and hoard toilet paper.

The reality is that getting some sunshine (Vitamin D) and exercising in the fresh air will do far more to eliminate the Kung-Flu than sitting at home cowering in fear.
Well, I'm sure as hell not listening to a quack like you.

Good for you. Cower in fear under your Toilet paper fort.

Good for you. Cower in fear under your Toilet paper fort.
Stay in your safe place. Under a rock.

I am in Orange county California. The grocery stores are getting back to normal. Shelves are filling up. People have stopped being crazy.

People are still hanging out on front porches. Runners still run together. Children are still yelling and playing. The mutterings is that the hysteria wasn't necessary.

A couple of seniors milling around? Try a freaking hoard of spoiled brats disregarding quarantines for spring break sex, drugs and booze follies on the beaches of Florida.

A couple of seniors milling around? Try a freaking hoard of spoiled brats disregarding quarantines for spring break sex, drugs and booze follies on the beaches of Florida.
Around 15-20 seniors. More than a couple.
Those kids think they are immune. Not only to the virus, but to any responsibility. They might not get the virus, but chances are better they will get an STD and a f'n huge hangover.

Forum List

Back