What have you done today....

freyasman

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2020
Texas
To build your local community, and increase your control and influence in it?
"All politics is local."
Have you developed useful relationships, or identified the people with useful skills in your area?

Do you know what your local Sheriff is about, and whether or not he can be counted on?

Have you determined exactly what your area is, and done an area study of it?

You gone to church and met people?

You met your neighbors?

You spent time talking with folks at the local VFW, diner, or bar?

Do you know who in your area is, or is going to be, a problem if they ever get a chance?

Well?
What did you do today? And if the answer is "nothing", then why not?

Today? Not too much other than meeting a couple of new people.

A few weeks ago, I donated some funds to help support struggling restaurants in my area, though. Does that count?

"All politics is local."
Have you developed useful relationships, or identified the people with useful skills in your area?

Do you know what your local Sheriff is about, and whether or not he can be counted on?

You met your neighbors?

Do you know who in your area is, or is going to be, a problem if they ever get a chance?

Well?
1. No.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No.
5. No.
6. No.
7. No.
As I'm retired and done with all that, I'm on a roll to be my personal version of an isolationist nation.

I drove to the supermarket, got some cat food for my baby Toby, then went to the pharmacy ...got a few things there....then I came back home. :biggrin:

Went to Habitat for Humanity to see what they had I might want; went and got my reading glasses that are totally worthless (Do NOT go to Stanton.Ya get what ya pay for. Cheap worthless shit); came home and did laundry; called the cops on the homeless campers (2) parked outside our building and taking up 5 spaces each where none of us can find a place to park that live here; did laundry; played with some clay; ate a light dinner.

I'm retired. I do what I want now.

yes i'm involved in small town politics , which is usually a daily thing in my rounds as a blue collar tradesman ~S~

• Banned
"All politics is local."

You met your neighbors?

Well?
1. No.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No.
5. No.
6. No.
7. No.
As I'm retired and done with all that, I'm on a roll to be my personal version of an isolationist nation.
Up to you but as things slide further and further down, community is going to be important for survival.

Build your tribe.

• Banned
From the link;
"Does anyone really believe in the honor and integrity of anyone in politics? Really? One, maybe two of your favorites, perhaps. It’s not enough. This nation is in a tough spot, especially the Americans who make it run. There are no safe harbors, no honest advocates. How long do they expect them to accept this ruse? This blatant puppet show?
Everyone in power, whatever position that might be, from the Senate Minority Leader on down, want to keep that power and by ignoring the glaring lack of legal authority in the nation, they can hold onto power long enough to loot the treasury, draw their pension, or make their wage. But it’s dangerous and the lives of every American is in jeopardy.
Why does China now threaten Taiwan? Because the United States is weak, corrupt, distracted or all three. Those in political office do not take up the cause of the people, they seek power and do not honor their oaths, so that their power might be retained even under a different ruling power than the United State of America. What have they done to honor our elections? What have they done to support the Constitution? They don’t and they don’t even care if we know it, because they have very likely already taken the loot, most have.
. . .
… there are indications of treason that go beyond just the election, something evil; treason on a scale before unimaginable. I raise the alarm only to ask the question: What then? What happens when it is so evil as to be nearly impossible to believe? We cannot afford cognitive dissonance that so easily presents itself. What happens when the goal is no longer even preservation of the union, but simply to die with honor? In the absence of law, but replaced with raw, legalized brutality, what then? We saw it, it exposed itself during the trial run, the pandemic. Cops and now a dumbed-down, castrated military under the guidance of ignorant, complicit pukes like Mark Milley, will gain favors breaking our backs, if we allow it. That description may not be true of the military today, but anyone "in" right now understands that's the direction; to provide a weakened, distracted, woke-obsessed military so that when the bad guys do come, our military will be busy brushing each other's hair.

There's more at the link. I highly recommend that you click over there and read the whole thing.

We are not going to vote our way out of this. That's no longer possible. I suspect the solution may have to be some form of division or partition of these formerly United States, where the statists can go their way while the constitutionalists can go another. Of course, that begs the question whether either side will have the sense to let that happen, or will insist that they want all the marbles - complete surrender by the other side. That's not going to happen. We all know that. That way lies civil war.

Meanwhile, our enemies abroad are making hay while the sun shines. They know the USA is effectively leaderless, hamstrung by a mentally challenged geriatric in the White House who's being stage-managed by his handlers in what is blatant elder abuse, and torn by partisan division in Congress. They know that our nation is now a house divided: and, as Christ warned us, "if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand". They're counting on that. They foresee the fall of the United States as a superpower, and they're salivating at the prospect.

Friends, we face a very, very difficult time ahead. Our problems - political, social, economic and cultural - are so vast as to be intractable. I don't know whether there's any solution short of war that will deal with them; and, even if there is, it'll take years to work itself out.

All I can advise, to each of us as individuals and as families, is to prepare as best we can, and look for like-minded folks with whom we can come together for mutual support. We'll get precious little support from the powers that be. Our own clans, tribes and communities are going to be critically important in the years to come.

Peter"

We need to control our own communities.
If you live in a small town, start there..... make sure you are surrounded by people with the same values as you.

If you live in a city, start with your neighborhood.

Consolidate your control over your area and then begin reaching out and making alliances.

From Kim Dutoit's blog;
From the link;
"But what about the leadership issue? How might this unfold in the days to come?

What I witnessed over the last 48 hours tells us a lot, so let me distill the essence. In the beginning the mob was in control. Yes they were clearly in control as they marched relentlessly forward like an army ant formation advancing through the jungle. They devoured all before them and they were unstoppable. But importantly, they were controlled and focused. There was a clearly defined plan, so command and control is alive and well, but invisible. They knew when to hit designated targets. They knew where the police were absent. They knew where shopping mall security was most vulnerable. They were collectively acting as part of a plan.

Who are those central but invisible command and control people? Will our intelligence services possibly start to figure this out?

But the other thing that was clearly visible was the rapid way that civil society responded to the communal threat. Groups of citizens rapidly formed into militia, and mostly acted with restraint and to great effect. I don’t know the final numbers, but my gut feel is that more arrests were made by citizens acting in well-organized groups, than by the police.

I also note that some of the militia went beyond the act of arrest, and meted out instantaneous justice. Its unclear what the body count it, but certainly there were many. Some shot, some beaten and some even hacked to pieces by machete. I have seen credible video evidence across this entire range.

But the core lesson is that civil society responded by organizing themselves, rapidly and effectively. We will now see the dawn of a new era, where those civil groups become better organized than the government, which has clearly failed. In effect we had no government over the last 48 hours, because while this mayhem was playing out, Jesse Duarte gave a press briefing about an NEC meeting pretending to still be in control.

The Ruling Party has simply lost control. The civil service is so dysfunctional as to be a liability now easily bypassed by an increasingly confident and effective civil society.

Clearly attempts by government to disarm civilians will fail. Of this I am certain. Just as certain as I am about the emergence of self-organized militia centered on credible leadership and existing networks of security force personnel that have been sidelined by government purges.

This is the real New Dawn. Not the feeble message spewed out by the now embattled and increasingly illegitimate Ruling Party. Their days are numbered.

Will we now see the emergence of an invigorated Moderate Middle, united by core values but free of the shackles of past prejudice and racially defined bias?

Or will the rabble rise in a boiling froth of anger, purging the Ruling Elite with vengeance, just as past revolutions ultimately consumed themselves with relentless waves of counter revolution?

We live in profoundly uncertain times, but the vibrancy of civil society was clearly demonstrated yesterday, as loose molecules came together to form militia capable of clawing back control in the vacuum left by an incompetent Ruling Elite whose time is nearly over.

Anyone who thinks this can’t or won’t happen here is deluding himself. The only reason that this hasn’t happened in the U.S. so far is that unlike South Africa, Blacks are in the minority; but it means that where they are a significant proportion of the population, this will happen — think Minneapolis and Ferguson, times ten."

.fedgov is losing power...... as more and more people lose faith in them, their power wanes.

Make sure your community can run itself, and you won't need them for anything.
And you won't need to fear them, either.

Forum List

Back