What happened with the ventilators?

Reading comprehension... try it sometime. :D

I said, and I provided links and testimony from 2 people who were neck-deep in Covid patients - Respiratory staff were literally arguing with doctors to not put people on ventilators. People who were sitting up, talking but there blood Ox was very low.
My daughter especially was frantic about what was happening - "they were sitting up... healthy people... and they put them on a ventilator and you can literally see them going down hill".

If this really happened it was an isolated event at your daughter's hospital. They were not putting people sitting up talking on Vents in the hospitals around here. Nobody was being vented unless they were at the "well, they will be dead in 10 minutes if we do not do something" stage.

Do not take this the wrong way, but fuck off.

My wife is an ICU nurse that spent most of 2020 and 2021 working in a negative pressure Covid Unit where the worst of the patients were put. Putting someone on a Vent was always the last resort when nothing else worked. They were not just willy nilly putting people on vents just for shits and grins.

This kind of bullshit pisses me off as is calls into question the integrity of people like my wife.
My first paragraph of my post was clear, maybe you missed it: “At least a few articles are out there blaming the lack of training on the nursing staff in the hospitals about ventilator usage. Considering healthcare’s chain of command, I wonder how much validity there is with that assessment. I would like to know where the written recommendations came from- nurses follow orders or written procedures. What criteria was written and modeled to determine when to place a “Covid-19 patient” on a vent?”

Nothing in that paragraph insults any nurse whatsoever. More than once I’ve been in threads when you’ve made it personal. I come here to learn and to share information primarily, sometimes to joke around for comic relief from the serious stuff, and sometimes to spar…but I never go below the belt as with weak insults against anyone’s family members. I never go personal unless someone has directed a comment at me as a personal slam of some sort. Then? Well, admittedly I am not the type of poster who can easily treat rude people nicely. I’ll try to work on it for any future interactions;) lol

In reference to the OP- my question remains. Why did the NIH, CDC, WHO, skip the Education tier 2- one of the main tiers of a four part planned pandemic response known globally? This planned pandemic response information was available online prior to now: shocker- revised version now all over the place written in 2021 which would seem sensible had the original planning not been erased/totally buried since it revealed the logical path of mass education prior to enacting mass distribution of rushed “vaccines”. I will have to go back and look at my older posts to find the sources that have been buried showing the initial guidelines of 2008. I did find the information on the Bill Gates/Johns Hopkins meeting 204 - staged pandemic model acted out in table format in October 2019, most interesting. I’ll post the information about the education tier which was skipped entirely as profiteers chose to go directly into mass distribution of vaccines instead -totally wrong and many experts knew it.

EDIT- meant to mention that I never once said they were willy-nilly running around putting everybody on ventilators but they did make major errors and that’s a fact. Your denial of it doesn’t change what happened across the nation. Some people who were placed on ventilators absolutely died because they did not need to be placed on ventilators. It’s equivalent to shutting down the lungs preemptively when the lungs needed to expel what they could, and it was not the last resort measure for all patients as you have stated.

Last edited:
If this really happened it was an isolated event at your daughter's hospital. They were not putting people sitting up talking on Vents in the hospitals around here. Nobody was being vented unless they were at the "well, they will be dead in 10 minutes if we do not do something" stage.
It was absolutely not anecdotal.
Everyone on the front lines knew it. It was only the first 6 months or less. After that period ventilator usage plummeted... even though the number of hospitalized doubled.
Think about that dude. Why did ventilator usage plummet while the bed counts were climbing??
Because they realized it was hurting the patients, not helping them.

One major study found that 88% of the people being treated for Covid with mechanical ventilation died, yet they were all the rage there for a while.

Among the 2,634 patients for whom outcomes were known, the overall death rate was 21%, but it rose to 88% for those who received mechanical ventilation, the Northwell Health COVID-19 Research Consortium reported.

Seems like it should have been obvious that the ventilators were a death sentence, but they were hooking people up like humans in the Matrix, then they just faded away. Hearing about a someone on a ventilator from Covid is rare all of sudden. It should be important to understand where that treatment protocol came from and why it persisted so long with such disastrous results across the country.

I didn't know you were a doctor.

What more do you need?

It was absolutely not anecdotal.
Everyone on the front lines knew it. It was only the first 6 months or less. After that period ventilator usage plummeted... even though the number of hospitalized doubled.
Think about that dude. Why did ventilator usage plummet while the bed counts were climbing??
Because they realized it was hurting the patients, not helping them.

I do not recall ventilator usage plummeting after the first 6 months. Do you have some data to support this?

I do not recall ventilator usage plummeting after the first 6 months. Do you have some data to support this?

Thanks.

Going by all the links you have given, the overuse of Vents pretty much ended by April/May of 2020.

Perhaps I misunderstood what was being said as I took the comments from most that this overuse went long into the pandemic. I cannot speak to what happened that early as my wife started in the COVID unit around that same time and Vents always were, and still are, the last resort.

Thanks.

Going by all the links you have given, the overuse of Vents pretty much ended by April/May of 2020.

Perhaps I misunderstood what was being said as I took the comments from most that this overuse went long into the pandemic. I cannot speak to what happened that early as my wife started in the COVID unit around that same time and Vents always were, and still are, the last resort.
That is the thing... in the first 6 months or so - they were putting people on vents because thru Ox levels were in the 80s, Normally that would be an emergency situation. They have learned that Covid causes low drops like that, BUT the patient can revive the levels by simply sitting up/walking. Doctors in panic mode with such low levels were putting people on vents that were talking/eating/feeling OK.
RTs were arguing against this with doctors. Putting people on a vent is a seriously invasive procedure that can permanently cause damage and even kill the patient. It is a last resort thing. The only reason to intubate a patient is if they are basically dying without out.

That is the thing... in the first 6 months or so - they were putting people on vents because thru Ox levels were in the 80s, Normally that would be an emergency situation. They have learned that Covid causes low drops like that, BUT the patient can revive the levels by simply sitting up/walking. Doctors in panic mode with such low levels were putting people on vents that were talking/eating/feeling OK.
RTs were arguing against this with doctors. Putting people on a vent is a seriously invasive procedure that can permanently cause damage and even kill the patient. It is a last resort thing. The only reason to intubate a patient is if they are basically dying without out.

Based on your links it does not seem it even lasted the first 6 months. They are all from the April, May 2020 timeframe which is when we were still being told it would be gone in a week or two. It seems they learned pretty quickly.

Most of all though, the OP and other post by people on here made it seem that the doctors/nurses were doing this out of some sort of evil motive and not out of they did not know any better yet with a new virus they were still trying to get a handle on. This is what I took exception to the most.

There were many things about COVID that took the medical community by surprise. My wife had been a nurse for almost 10 years and had always worked critical care till she moved to the ICU. I still remember her telling me that she had never seen people go south as fast as people did with COVID.

Based on your links it does not seem it even lasted the first 6 months. They are all from the April, May 2020 timeframe which is when we were still being told it would be gone in a week or two. It seems they learned pretty quickly.

Most of all though, the OP and other post by people on here made it seem that the doctors/nurses were doing this out of some sort of evil motive and not out of they did not know any better yet with a new virus they were still trying to get a handle on. This is what I took exception to the most.

There were many things about COVID that took the medical community by surprise. My wife had been a nurse for almost 10 years and had always worked critical care till she moved to the ICU. I still remember her telling me that she had never seen people go south as fast as people did with COVID.
No I don't believe it was intentional in the leats.
But it is a great example of how Doctors fail to listen to people who know more than they do in a particular field. RTs know more about respiratory than a family doctor by leaps and bounds. My daughter was in tears several times at the beginning of the nightmare due to this very thing. Trying to stop doctors from putting a life threatening device on a patient that is acting perfectly normal.
IMO - it took them way-way-way too long to learn this. RTs were telling them this in the very first days not months

Yes, agree - and to clarify what I said upthread about the doctor warning we would have to put my dad on a vent (this happened pre-COVID days) if the oxygen mask was insufficient (allowing 15 minutes before the decision):

1) My dad was conscious, sort of, but speaking gibberish and unable to respond to directions or questions

2) The doctor said it would be a last resort, with the obvious implication he was a goner without it, and

3) The doctor still warned that the outcome having to intubate would likely be sad.

Clearly, a vent should only be used when a patient is so deprived of oxygen that he will die without it, and the vent gives perhaps a 10% chance of recovery.

No I don't believe it was intentional in the leats.
But it is a great example of how Doctors fail to listen to people who know more than they do in a particular field. RTs know more about respiratory than a family doctor by leaps and bounds. My daughter was in tears several times at the beginning of the nightmare due to this very thing. Trying to stop doctors from putting a life threatening device on a patient that is acting perfectly normal.
Treating a patient behaving normally with such an intrusive device should have been a red flag to all involved. In those cases nurses should have spoken up.
IMO - it took them way-way-way too long to learn this. RTs were telling them this in the very first days not months
It was all part of the "don't ask questions, just believe and shut up!" we were subjected to as people started using COVID as an excuse for authoritarian behavior.

Yeah,. they had no idea at the time, but the ventilators were actually bad for COVID. You cant blame the medical community for not knowing how to deal with a new virus, but you can be furious with anyone who wouldnt allow you to have questions or fears about COVID treatment. People were labled as murderers for not getting vaccines. Democrats made COVID fucking suck WAAAYYY more than it needed to. They also got MANY people killed.
no dumbass they knew all along, its planned.

I get the unknowns around it, but there seems to be more to the story. Too much conformity around a treatment that was deadly. You would expect more variance in the treatments across all the different private hospitals in the country. Feels very much like a federal government thing - massive, expensive, and counterproductive.

Not at all to be unexcepted, given how obvious it was from the beginning that the primary motive behind the #CoronaHoax2020 in the first place was to enable government to seize and abuse unprecedented levels of illegitimate power.

Treating a patient behaving normally with such an intrusive device should have been a red flag to all involved. In those cases nurses should have spoken up.

To anyone who was paying attention, there were plenty of big bright red flags all over the #CoronaHoax2020 from the very beginning, that ought to have made it very obvious to anyone of reasonable intelligence that this was not at all what we were being told that it was.

For example…

It was all part of the "don't ask questions, just believe and shut up!" we were subjected to as people started using COVID as an excuse for authoritarian behavior.

I continue to be deeply disturbed and dismayed at how big a chunk of the population, that ought to have been smart enough to know better, fell completely and stupidly for this entire hoax, and continue to do so to this day.

You cant blame the medical community for not knowing how to deal with a new virus

But you can totally blame them for not knowing how to treat a respiratory infection that is the symptomatic pathology of the virus.

Ventilators didn't treat the virus, they treated the symptoms.

There were no vaccines offered to US residents- unless they traveled outside the states to line up for an actual vaccine that was made available elsewhere. The 3 drug companies (which prior to manufacturing their COVID-19 fake vaccines they had NEVER once produced a vaccine in their companies history- look it up- Moderna, J&J, Pfizer were total profiteers (along with governmental investors) knowing that their fake vaccines required a definitional change by Webster made in January’21 so that messenger RNA delivery method would qualify as a vaccine, when in fact these rushed products did nothing to reduce the contraction nor the spread. They intentionally used the word vaccine because they knew that would gain a lot of the public’s trust because most people trust traditional vaccines.

Total partisan BS after Fauci, Psaki, and Biden continued to spew falsehoods knowing they were falsehoods about the “vaccines” being the savior for all. One factor is Biden’s puppeteers decided to purchase additional stockpiles of these worthless vaccines and they needed to give them away almost, and left leaning media outlets wrote about how poor countries needed to have these worthless jabs as well. Right!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back