What happened with the ventilators?

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
One major study found that 88% of the people being treated for Covid with mechanical ventilation died, yet they were all the rage there for a while.

Among the 2,634 patients for whom outcomes were known, the overall death rate was 21%, but it rose to 88% for those who received mechanical ventilation, the Northwell Health COVID-19 Research Consortium reported.

Seems like it should have been obvious that the ventilators were a death sentence, but they were hooking people up like humans in the Matrix, then they just faded away. Hearing about a someone on a ventilator from Covid is rare all of sudden. It should be important to understand where that treatment protocol came from and why it persisted so long with such disastrous results across the country.

One major study found that 88% of the people being treated for Covid with mechanical ventilation died, yet they were all the rage there for a while.

Among the 2,634 patients for whom outcomes were known, the overall death rate was 21%, but it rose to 88% for those who received mechanical ventilation, the Northwell Health COVID-19 Research Consortium reported.

Seems like it should have been obvious that the ventilators were a death sentence, but they were hooking people up like humans in the Matrix, then they just faded away. Hearing about a someone on a ventilator from Covid is rare all of sudden. It should be important to understand where that treatment protocol came from and why it persisted so long with such disastrous results across the country.
Yeah,. they had no idea at the time, but the ventilators were actually bad for COVID. You cant blame the medical community for not knowing how to deal with a new virus, but you can be furious with anyone who wouldnt allow you to have questions or fears about COVID treatment. People were labled as murderers for not getting vaccines. Democrats made COVID fucking suck WAAAYYY more than it needed to. They also got MANY people killed.

The medical profession overused them and ended up killing tens-of-thousands of patients.

But by golly! We had these Tik-Tok dancing nurses.

Yeah,. they had no idea at the time, but the ventilators were actually bad for COVID. You cant blame the medical community for not knowing how to deal with a new virus, but you can be furious with anyone who wouldnt allow you to have questions or fears about COVID treatment. People were labled as murderers for not getting vaccines. Democrats made COVID fucking suck WAAAYYY more than it needed to. They also got MANY people killed.
I get the unknowns around it, but there seems to be more to the story. Too much conformity around a treatment that was deadly. You would expect more variance in the treatments across all the different private hospitals in the country. Feels very much like a federal government thing - massive, expensive, and counterproductive.

The ventilators themselves weren’t a death sentence. Rather, once a person‘s body was so wracked with the virus that they couldn’t breathe, the odds of survival were very slim. The ventilators were a last-ditch effort.

At least a few articles are out there blaming the lack of training on the nursing staff in the hospitals about ventilator usage. Considering healthcare’s chain of command, I wonder how much validity there is with that assessment. I would like to know where the written recommendations came from- nurses follow orders or written procedures. What criteria was written and modeled to determine when to place a “Covid-19 patient” on a vent? Ventilators are used as a last resort when the lungs are not capable of providing enough oxygen, but this horrifically wasn’t the case for many who still were breathing sufficiently and yet they sedated and intubated them which stopped their lungs from naturally breathing- what a justified lawsuit that reads.

At least a few articles are out there blaming the lack of training on the nursing staff in the hospitals about ventilator usage. Considering healthcare’s chain of command, I wonder how much validity there is with that assessment. I would like to know where the written recommendations came from- nurses follow orders or written procedures. What criteria was written and modeled to determine when to place a “Covid-19 patient” on a vent? Ventilators are used as a last resort when the lungs are not capable of providing enough oxygen, but this horrifically wasn’t the case for many who still were breathing sufficiently and yet they sedated and intubated them which stopped their lungs from naturally breathing- what a justified lawsuit that reads.
Maybe the Dems were trying to get the death count up to make Trump look as bad as possible. After all, hospitals were told to count as a COVID death anyone who died of anything IF they also had COVID.

Someone I knew had breast cancer, and had sadly progressed to Stage 4. She was in the hospital the last couple of weeks, and about a week before she died, she tested positive for COVID. Hers counted as a COVID death, and this happened throughout the country.

I was in the ER for an unrelated matter and overheard a nurse talking about if she were ever in the ICU and overheard anyone suggesting a ventilator and she had Covid-19- she said she would rip everything off and start swinging. She said the swinging part to lighten things up but her message was clear.

Maybe the Dems were trying to get the death count up to make Trump look as bad as possible. After all, hospitals were told to count as a COVID death anyone who died of anything IF they also had COVID.

Someone I knew had breast cancer, and had sadly progressed to Stage 4. She was in the hospital the last couple of weeks, and about a week before she died, she tested positive for COVID. Hers counted as a COVID death, and this happened throughout the country.
Good point Lisa about how so many deaths were incorrectly tagged/ FROM Covid instead of WITH Covid. There is no way they went back and corrected all of the nursing home records, hospital records, records given by family members to doctors, no way. It went on way too long for one thing before the error was publicly noted.

Putting a patient on a ventilator is somewhat of a last resort. Now we have better antiviral medicine, so there’s less need for ventilators

Putting a patient on a ventilator is somewhat of a last resort. Now we have better antiviral medicine, so there’s less need for ventilators
There’s something a lot better than invasive mechanism:

Helmet Noninvasive Ventilation Helped Patients with COVID-19 Avoid Intubation​

NEJM Journal Watch: Summaries of and commentary on original medical and scientific articles from key medical journals

Edit- another effective alternative:
“The proning and the high-flow nasal cannulas combined have brought patient oxygen levels from around 40% to 80% and 90%, so it’s been fascinating and wonderful to see,” Spiegel said.

Mechanical ventilation – the most common treatment for these patients thus far – involves inserting a breathing tube into the windpipe so a ventilator can pump air into the lungs. Using a ventilator or intubation as a last resort – an approach UChicago Medicine teams call “prevent the vent” – helps get COVID-19 patients out of the hospital intensive care unit and prevents harmful side effects caused by ventilators, such as lung injuries.

“Avoiding intubation is key,” Spiegel said. “Most of our colleagues around the city are not doing this, but I sure wish other ERs would take a look at this technique closely.”

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/fo...sing-ventilator-alternatives-to-treat-covid19

Last edited:
The ventilators themselves weren’t a death sentence. Rather, once a person‘s body was so wracked with the virus that they couldn’t breathe, the odds of survival were very slim. The ventilators were a last-ditch effort.

Thank you. This is 100% the case. The ventilators were always the last resort when all else failed.

There were reports of people removing the ventilator and noticing that they started to feel better.

Thank you. This is 100% the case. The ventilators were always the last resort when all else failed.
Wrong GG -yet again but that’s another story and sorry readers, I have a history with this poster lol- you are making statements that I know members of many families beg to differ with your assessment that “they were only as a last resort”. That was not the case, it should’ve been the case, but it was not.

Good point Lisa about how so many deaths were incorrectly tagged/ FROM Covid instead of WITH Covid. There is no way they went back and corrected all of the nursing home records, hospital records, records given by family members to doctors, no way. It went on way too long for one thing before the error was publicly noted.
Also, wasn’t there an attempt once Biden took over to recategorize what counts as a COVID death to LOWER the number on his watch? I’ll see if I can find something on it, but Google tends to bury the stuff that makes Dems or Biden look bad.

Also, wasn’t there an attempt once Biden took over to recategorize what counts as a COVID death to LOWER the number on his watch? I’ll see if I can find something on it, but Google tends to bury the stuff that makes Dems or Biden look bad.
I’m not aware of that Lisa but it would not shock me in the least. This administration is the pits full of falsehoods and intentional falsehoods, even worse.

Wrong GG -yet again but that’s another story and sorry readers, I have a history with this poster lol- you are making statements that I know members of many families beg to differ with your assessment that “they were only as a last resort”. That was not the case, it should’ve been the case, but it was not.

Do not take this the wrong way, but fuck off.

My wife is an ICU nurse that spent most of 2020 and 2021 working in a negative pressure Covid Unit where the worst of the patients were put. Putting someone on a Vent was always the last resort when nothing else worked. They were not just willy nilly putting people on vents just for shits and grins.

This kind of bullshit pisses me off as is calls into question the integrity of people like my wife.

I’m not aware of that Lisa but it would not shock me in the least. This administration is the pits full of falsehoods and intentional falsehoods, even worse.
I just did a quick search, and Google isn’t reporting it that I can see. I’ll keep looking.

Forum List

Back