What happened in the 2016 election will not happen in the 2020 election

No where near obama crowds...trump's base is a cult and cults do follow their leader.
I live ina an ultra blue city with millions of people in my circle there are 100s of people I cant name 10 that would have the time to line up for a political rally for hours....we are extremely busy...trump cultists are Mostly overweight too and look angry. I suggest they take walks during rallies with their fat leader to burn all that greasy fat food they eat and look for jobs and get busy
I disagree.....being pro America is not a cult....and if you think it is it's you that will never fit in here in the USA so you may as well leave.....

The circumstances surrounding the 2016 election are so peculiar, it is extremely unlikely they will be duplicated.

In 2016, the Democratic Party chose the worst possible candidate. Clinton was unpopular, under FBI investigation, and was lugging around a ton of baggage. Trump still managed to lose the popular vote.

Joe Biden is not a Hillary Clinton.

The Times wrote, "Right now, polls say Joe Biden has a healthy lead over President Trump. But we’ve been here before (cue 2016), and the polls were, frankly, wrong."

No, they were not!

National polls only measure the popular vote. Clinton did, in fact, win the national popular vote by 2.1 points. The average of the 13 final national polls had Clinton ahead by 3.1 points, which was only a point off the actual result.
One last look: 2016 polls actually got a lot right | TheHill

The election was won by less than 80,000 votes. Axios reports that Trump won Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points, respectively — and by 10,704, 46,765 and 22,177 votes. Those three wins gave him 46 electoral votes; if Clinton had done one point better in each state, she'd have won the electoral vote, too."

Nearly everyone today has forgotten the effect James Comey had on the election. Eleven days before Election Day, FBI Director Comey reopened the FBI investigation of Hillary Clinton. Clinton had a substantial lead in the polls, but in the week that followed Comey's announcement her lead quickly evaporated. Two days before the election, Comey issued a "sorry about that" and closed the investigation for lack of anything new.

It was too late.

The Hill reports, "Exit polling found that late-deciders in Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin broke for Trump by double-digit margins as high as 29 points."

During the election campaign, every voter in the country knew that the FBI was investigating Clinton. The FBI was also investigating the Trump campaign for its alleged cooperation with Russia. Voters were not aware of that investigation until after the election.
For the RWNJs, events played out just as they should, crooked Hillary lost, and their hero, the impeccably honest trump, received a mandate from the voters to make America great again. History in the RWNJs' alternate reality bears no resemblance to facts.

The circumstances surrounding the 2016 election are so peculiar, it is extremely unlikely they will be duplicated.

In 2016, the Democratic Party chose the worst possible candidate. Clinton was unpopular, under FBI investigation, and was lugging around a ton of baggage. Trump still managed to lose the popular vote.

The Times wrote, "Right now, polls say Joe Biden has a healthy lead over President Trump. But we’ve been here before (cue 2016), and the polls were, frankly, wrong."

No, they were not!

National polls only measure the popular vote. Clinton did, in fact, win the national popular vote by 2.1 points. The average of the 13 final national polls had Clinton ahead by 3.1 points, which was only a point off the actual result.

The election was won by less than 80,000 votes. Axios reports that Trump won Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin by 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points, respectively — and by 10,704, 46,765 and 22,177 votes. Those three wins gave him 46 electoral votes; if Clinton had done one point better in each state, she'd have won the electoral vote, too."

Nearly everyone today has forgotten the effect James Comey had on the election. Eleven days before Election Day, FBI Director Comey reopened the FBI investigation of Hillary Clinton. Clinton had a substantial lead in the polls, but in the week that followed Comey's announcement her lead quickly evaporated. Two days before the election, Comey issued a "sorry about that" and closed the investigation for lack of anything new.

It was too late.

The Hill reports, "Exit polling found that late-deciders in Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin broke for Trump by double-digit margins as high as 29 points."

During the election campaign, every voter in the country knew that the FBI was investigating Clinton. The FBI was also investigating the Trump campaign for its alleged cooperation with Russia. Voters were not aware of that investigation until after the election.

True.

I'm sure mutt and jeff will weigh in on this immediately with their low IQ commentary (that's all they have)...

The results might be the same though; we again have a President who is not the people's choice. How we don't address this is nuts. If you're watching this from Mars, the first thing you'd suggest we humans do is address having a leader whom the majority of voters didn't pick. And, yes, if Biden were to win the EV but not the PV, I would be saying the same thing.

Another aspect of the strange circumstances surrounding the 2016 election is that a significant number of Democratic voters are solely responsible for Trump's election victory.

Young Sanders supporters were aggrieved that their candidate didn't get the nomination, and, in their anger and disappointment, they managed to elect Trump.

Newsweek reports, "According to the analysis of the 2016 Cooperative Congressional Election Survey, fewer than 80 percent of those who voted for Sanders in the Democratic primary did the same for Clinton when she faced off against Trump a few months later. What's more, 12 percent of those who backed Sanders actually cast a vote for Trump.

"The impact of those votes was significant. In each of the three states that ultimately swung the election for Trump—Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania—Trump's margin of victory over Clinton was smaller than the number of Sanders voters who gave him their vote."

In Wisconsin, 51,000 Sanders supporters voted for Trump. Trump's margin of victory was 22,000.

In Michigan, 47,000 Sanders supporters voted for Trump. Trump's margin of victory was 10,000.

In Pennsylvania, 116,000 Sanders supporters voted for Trump. Trump's margin of victory was 44,000.

The young Sanders devotees bought Trump's con.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Sad to watch Bernie Sanders abandon his revolution. We welcome all voters who want to fix our rigged system and bring back our jobs.
8:04 PM · Jul 25, 2016

Those young Democrats will vote again in 2020, and no doubt they realize the horrible mistake they made.

They won't make that mistake again.

See you on November 3rd.

No, they were not!

It was too late.

True.

I'm sure mutt and jeff will weigh in on this immediately with their low IQ commentary (that's all they have)...

The results might be the same though; we again have a President who is not the people's choice. How we don't address this is nuts. If you're watching this from Mars, the first thing you'd suggest we humans do is address having a leader whom the majority of voters didn't pick. And, yes, if Biden were to win the EV but not the PV, I would be saying the same thing.

Cut California into four states and see what happens.

Yes, you'll have to think about it......sorry about that.

No, they were not!

It was too late.

And there is going to be a lot of hard feelings in the GOP camp win, lose, or draw in 2020.

Libs!!!!! do you hate Trump enough to live the rest of your life in debt and poor with no way to ever retire?.....you must really hate him....if you are going to vote for Biden.....
trump's place is garbage along his base....the elections will prove that 2016 was not only a mistake but also it was rigged like trump said.
the whole world knows America always had that 20 some percent of the population dumb as a rock, racist and bigoted. 2 weeks and you'll go into hiding again.
You are out of your mind....don't you see the crowds showing up for Trump?...even during the drive over to events the streets become lined with Trump voters....they stand outside for days to get in to see him...Biden shows up and no one is there except a lone Trump supporter or two waving Trump flags....you are dreaming pal...the dems can't even cheat enough to overcome the butt kicking Joe is about to get....
No where near obama crowds...trump's base is a cult and cults do follow their leader.
I live ina an ultra blue city with millions of people in my circle there are 100s of people I cant name 10 that would have the time to line up for a political rally for hours....we are extremely busy...trump cultists are Mostly overweight too and look angry. I suggest they take walks during rallies with their fat leader to burn all that greasy fat food they eat and look for jobs and get busy.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I live ina an ultra blue city with millions of people in my circle there are 100s of people I cant name 10 that would have the time to line up for a political rally for hours....we are extremely busy...trump cultists are Mostly overweight too and look angry. I suggest they take walks during rallies with their fat leader to burn all that greasy fat food they eat and look for jobs and get busy
I disagree.....being pro America is not a cult....and if you think it is it's you that will never fit in here in the USA so you may as well leave.....
What's American to you? being racist, owning a arsenal of weapons, being low IQ? Why do i have to leave? I'm fitting in perfectly in a place most of the white trash can't afford.

What's American to you? being racist, owning a arsenal of weapons, being low IQ? Why do i have to leave? I'm fitting in perfectly in a place most of the white trash can't afford.
Being free....something you give too little praise to.....so maybe you should try a less free nation so you can regain your admiration for freedom.....

How can't the results be duplicated? Liberals picked a bigger dud than Hillary this time around. Expect massive disappointment come election day.

]Trump's crowds are]no where near obama crowds...trump's base is a cult and cults do follow their leader.
I live ina an ultra blue city with millions of people in my circle there are 100s of people I cant name 10 that would have the time to line up for a political rally for hours....we are extremely busy...trump cultists are Mostly overweight too and look angry. I suggest they take walks during rallies with their fat leader to burn all that greasy fat food they eat and look for jobs and get busy.

Your points are well taken. College educated voters tend to support Biden. Non-college educated farmers and ranchers tend to support Trump.

A map showing the counties that voted for Trump in 2016 will reveal they are largely rural counties. Clinton attracted the college educated teachers, business people, and others in the urban and suburban areas.

College educated voters tend to support Biden. Non-college educated farmers and ranchers tend to support Trump.

A map showing the counties that voted for Trump in 2016 will reveal they are largely rural counties. Clinton attracted the college educated teachers, business people, and others in the urban and suburban areas.

Hm-m-m, no reaction yet from Trump's followers. They probably agree with my analysis.

Being free....something you give too little praise to.....so maybe you should try a less free nation so you can regain your admiration for freedom.....
Dude some of you have being fed bullcrap about freedom and you beleive it exists only in the US. Free from what?
The fact that you are here 24/7 whinning about other americans that think differently than you is not freedom...you are held hostage to a doctrine full of ignorance, idiocy, hate and more hate.

No, they were not!

It was too late.

Massive crowds now occurring at trump rallies. Biden cant even fill his 6 foot spaced circles. Biden involved in corruption, exortion, bribery,..... with a pedophile son who sent his dad kickbacks.

Biden is a worse candidate than Crooked Hillary. "Dumb, corrupt and suffering from dementia is no way to go through life, son."

Biden is getting dozens of supporters at his rallies and Trump is getting thousands.

Only an idiot would vote for this Biden clown.

When we have the Trump landslide we will remind these stupid uneducated Moon Bats that they were idiots for nominating this clown but they won't hear us because they will be crying their Liberal tears and wailing at the sky.

Forum List

Back