What Happened in Charlottesville?

Trump knows how to communicate with his base.

He's been doing that, exclusively, for six years now.

Target marketing. It's worked like a charm for him. He owns them, heart, mind, soul and body.

That is such pathetic conspiratorial nonsense.

So he went from being a real estate tycoon and tv star, and at age 70 immediately morphed into some secret code man for white supremacists? Is that really the stupid shit you believe?

Again, it's right there in print. ALL of it. Trump wasn't a politician. And it bit him in the ass that day.
Yes it is, Trump going after the skin head types, but the lying media would not carry that part of his statement in their coverage.

Did President Trump call neo-Nazis “very fine people” during a famous press conference following the Charlottesville riots of August 2017? The major media reported that he did. But what if their reporting is wrong? Worse, what if their reporting is wrong and they know it’s wrong? A straight exploration of the facts should reveal the truth. That’s what CNN political analyst Steve Cortes does in this critically important video.

My comment: It is hard to believe, with all the information out there now, that there are still people that perpetuate the Big Charlottesville Lie. But, apparently there are. Here we shall debunk:

On Aug. 15, 2017, President Donald Trump held a press conference to discuss an executive order he had signed on infrastructure permitting. Reporters shortly began asking questions about Trump’s initial response to violent protests in Charlottesville, Va. It was at this press conference that Trump said that "you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides."

I heard it myself. You can't change history no matter how much you try.

Last edited:
Yes it is, Trump going after the skin head types, but the lying media would not carry that part of his statement in their coverage.

I have some spare foil for you to make a hat out of.

So he went from being a real estate tycoon and tv star, and at age 70 immediately morphed into some secret code man for white supremacists? Is that really the stupid shit you believe?

I think it is a little bigger than that. What they got wrong was turned into a national narrative that was a total lie. Very similar to "Hands up don't shoot", words that in reality were never actually spoken.
They did the exact same thing with Rittenhouse. They do this shit all the time and without consequences to themselves. This in part is why Americans are so divided. We’re lied to on purpose by the corporate media. They want us divided so the oligarchy can continue to empower and enrich itself.

Last edited:
What happened is the left misquoted Trump & twisted context, and they're such a dumbed-down & dependent group it stuck.

Without looking above, there are probably posts from the left who still believe it. More than that they want to believe it and are too cowardly to confront the fact this was simply another case of the left's trickery. They've come to accept these actions as normal.

What has the left been right about, say last five years? Anyone?

The Trump-Charlottesville ‘Moral Equivalency’ Lie the Left Keeps Telling​

During a 2008 interview with then-Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, ABC’s Charlie Gibson asked whether Alaska’s proximity to Russia offered Palin unique “insight.” Palin responded, “They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.”

In a Saturday Night Live skit, comic Tiny Fey mocked in this exchange with comic Amy Poehler, who portrayed Hillary Clinton.

Fey as Palin: “You know, Hillary and I don’t agree on everything …”

Poehler as Clinton: “Anything. I believe that diplomacy should be the cornerstone of any foreign policy.”

Fey as Palin: “And I can see Russia from my house.”

Two things: First, there are places in Alaska where one can, in fact, see Russia. A Conde Nast travel website put it this way: “You could argue that this bit of cartographic trivia didn’t make Palin an authority on geopolitics, but it’s factually correct: Russia and Alaska are close enough to make eye contact. On a clear day, you could climb a hill on Cape Prince of Wales and maybe make out mainland Siberia, just fifty miles away.” Not close enough? Alaska’s Little Diomede Island in the Bering Sea lies within easy eyeshot of Big Diomede Island, part of Siberia and the easternmost point of Russia. The two islands are separated by the international date line and a mere 2 miles of ocean.

Second, Palin never said, “I can see Russia from my house.” University of Georgia’s Michael Cacciatore co-authored a research paper called “Misperceptions in Polarized Politics: The Role of Knowledge, Religiosity, and Media.” About Palin’s Russia comment, Cacciatore writes:

“Almost three-quarters of the American population falsely attributed the statement to Palin. And much of the blame, it appears, goes to late-night political comedies, such as ‘The Colbert Report’ and ‘The Daily Show.’ After controlling for other factors, including demographics and media use, heavy viewers of late-night TV comedy had a (higher) probability of believing that Palin was the first to say, ‘I can see Russia from my house.’ … Perhaps more alarming, neither knowledge nor traditional news media use helped correct this misperception related to Palin. In fact, heavy traditional news media users were nearly 14 percentage points more likely than light users to think Palin was responsible for the quote.”

This bring us to President Donald Trump, a current victim of the Palin Effect. Trump stands accused of an allegedly “racist” reaction to the 2017 tragedy in Charlottesville, Virginia, where a white nationalist plowed his car into a crowd, killing one and injuring several others. Many insist Trump downplayed the horror of the Charlottesville tragedy by supposedly stating there were “good white nationalists and bad white nationalists” or “good neo-Nazis and bad neo-Nazis” at the rally.

CNN’s Don Lemon, while covering a story on the recent mass shootings in New Zealand, said, “Nobody has forgotten — nobody has forgotten — what he (Trump) said after that deadly white supremacist riot in Charlottesville.” Lemon played an edited clip of Trump saying: “You also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did.” Similarly, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel referred to Trump’s Charlottesville response to blame him for the Jussie Smollett hoax. Emanuel said:

“The only reason Jussie Smollett thought he could take advantage of a hoax about a hate crime is for the environment — the toxic environment — that Donald Trump created. This is a President who drew a moral equivalency between people who are trying to perpetuate bigotry and those who are trying to fight bigotry. … When you go back to Virginia, this is a person who said, and I quote, ‘There are good people on both sides!’”

The problem is that Trump said no such thing.

In his widely misquoted press conference three days after Charlottesville, Trump said there were “very fine people” on “both sides” of the issue of whether it is appropriate to display Confederate monuments in pubic locations. Here is what Trump said: “Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.” In case there was any doubt, Trump, in response to another question, said, “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally.

The question becomes, Why are so many Democrats and members of the media seemingly unaware of what Trump really said? Many know exactly what Trump said and what he meant. But the lie serves a purpose. It advances the Trump-is-racist narrative.

They did they exact same thing with Rittenhouse. They do this shit all the time and without consequences to themselves. This in part is why Americans are so divided. We’re lied to on purpose by the corporate media. They want us divided so the oligarchy can continue to empower and enrich itself.
If Rittenhouse went looking for trouble which he did, he found it. Fox news is using him, the GOP are fighting over him, and all the republicans think he is a Hero, I don't.

The Trump-Charlottesville ‘Moral Equivalency’ Lie the Left Keeps Telling​

During a 2008 interview with then-Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, ABC’s Charlie Gibson asked whether Alaska’s proximity to Russia offered Palin unique “insight.” Palin responded, “They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.”

In a Saturday Night Live skit, comic Tiny Fey mocked in this exchange with comic Amy Poehler, who portrayed Hillary Clinton.

Fey as Palin: “You know, Hillary and I don’t agree on everything …”

Poehler as Clinton: “Anything. I believe that diplomacy should be the cornerstone of any foreign policy.”

Fey as Palin: “And I can see Russia from my house.”

Two things: First, there are places in Alaska where one can, in fact, see Russia. A Conde Nast travel website put it this way: “You could argue that this bit of cartographic trivia didn’t make Palin an authority on geopolitics, but it’s factually correct: Russia and Alaska are close enough to make eye contact. On a clear day, you could climb a hill on Cape Prince of Wales and maybe make out mainland Siberia, just fifty miles away.” Not close enough? Alaska’s Little Diomede Island in the Bering Sea lies within easy eyeshot of Big Diomede Island, part of Siberia and the easternmost point of Russia. The two islands are separated by the international date line and a mere 2 miles of ocean.

Second, Palin never said, “I can see Russia from my house.” University of Georgia’s Michael Cacciatore co-authored a research paper called “Misperceptions in Polarized Politics: The Role of Knowledge, Religiosity, and Media.” About Palin’s Russia comment, Cacciatore writes:

“Almost three-quarters of the American population falsely attributed the statement to Palin. And much of the blame, it appears, goes to late-night political comedies, such as ‘The Colbert Report’ and ‘The Daily Show.’ After controlling for other factors, including demographics and media use, heavy viewers of late-night TV comedy had a (higher) probability of believing that Palin was the first to say, ‘I can see Russia from my house.’ … Perhaps more alarming, neither knowledge nor traditional news media use helped correct this misperception related to Palin. In fact, heavy traditional news media users were nearly 14 percentage points more likely than light users to think Palin was responsible for the quote.”

This bring us to President Donald Trump, a current victim of the Palin Effect. Trump stands accused of an allegedly “racist” reaction to the 2017 tragedy in Charlottesville, Virginia, where a white nationalist plowed his car into a crowd, killing one and injuring several others. Many insist Trump downplayed the horror of the Charlottesville tragedy by supposedly stating there were “good white nationalists and bad white nationalists” or “good neo-Nazis and bad neo-Nazis” at the rally.

CNN’s Don Lemon, while covering a story on the recent mass shootings in New Zealand, said, “Nobody has forgotten — nobody has forgotten — what he (Trump) said after that deadly white supremacist riot in Charlottesville.” Lemon played an edited clip of Trump saying: “You also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did.” Similarly, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel referred to Trump’s Charlottesville response to blame him for the Jussie Smollett hoax. Emanuel said:

“The only reason Jussie Smollett thought he could take advantage of a hoax about a hate crime is for the environment — the toxic environment — that Donald Trump created. This is a President who drew a moral equivalency between people who are trying to perpetuate bigotry and those who are trying to fight bigotry. … When you go back to Virginia, this is a person who said, and I quote, ‘There are good people on both sides!’”

The problem is that Trump said no such thing.

In his widely misquoted press conference three days after Charlottesville, Trump said there were “very fine people” on “both sides” of the issue of whether it is appropriate to display Confederate monuments in pubic locations. Here is what Trump said: “Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.” In case there was any doubt, Trump, in response to another question, said, “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally.

The question becomes, Why are so many Democrats and members of the media seemingly unaware of what Trump really said? Many know exactly what Trump said and what he meant. But the lie serves a purpose. It advances the Trump-is-racist narrative.
He also said it in a debate with Biden.

I heard it myself and your attempting to change history.

You're a liar.

If Rittenhouse went looking for trouble which he did

You lie.

and all the republicans think he is a Hero

He is a hero. He killed violent Marxist terrorists and a convicted pedophile.

I know you weep for them. We do not.

Now, back to the topic:

Or more accurately, What Trump Really Said About Charlottesville?

Did President Trump call neo-Nazis “very fine people” during a famous press conference following the Charlottesville riots of August 2017? The major media reported that he did. But what if their reporting is wrong? Worse, what if their reporting is wrong and they know it’s wrong? A straight exploration of the facts should reveal the truth. That’s what CNN political analyst Steve Cortes does in this critically important video.

My comment: It is hard to believe, with all the information out there now, that there are still people that perpetuate the Big Charlottesville Lie. But, apparently there are. Here we shall debunk:

[/QUOTE]

Actually sir you are the liar. What ha said is all in the video and you manipulated his words. And your insult is un-called for. Please take lies and insults elsewhere.

I did not manipulate his words. He made several points, and this point proves that Jack is a lying piece of shit.

Indeed, anyone that claims he said that w.s. are very fine people, is a lying piece of shit.

He was talking about fine people, on both sides, OF THE ISSUE OF THE STATUES, and he explicitly and clearly EXCLUDED the w.s. from that.

Anyone who says they do not understand that, is either retarded or a fucking whore liar.

Trump knows how to communicate with his base.

He's been doing that, exclusively, for six years now.

Target marketing. It's worked like a charm for him. He owns them, heart, mind, soul and body.
What are you babbling about?

The radical left chooses to attack Confederate statues that are hurting no one

And when ordinary Americans object then political partisans like you blame them for causing trouble

Again, you missed the point. He..said..it. Then tried to take it back and explain himself..awkwardly and clumsily.
Because he isn't a politician. The moment called for introspection. Also gave him a perfect opportunity to send a message
and win some friends. But it was beyond his capability. Sorry you don't like the analysis.

Your excuse for dismissing what he actually said is noted.

That you claim he said something he clearly did not, is you being a lying piece of shit.

IMO, his position on the incident was nearly perfect. Introspection is not normally his strength, but this time he pulled it off.

Which is why you leftards feel the need to lie about it, so hard. You CAN'T afford to let people see the real Donald Trump.

Because you know it would have gotten him reelected. Easily.

That is such pathetic conspiratorial nonsense.

:laugh:

Perhaps you should look up the term I used: "Target Marketing".

Or, to steal a line from another poster, Trump took one look at the talk radio audience and said, "THIS is gonna be EASY".

Trump wubs you. Really. Believe him.

Charlottesville in August 2017 would have been empty if the folks at CNN and MSNBC didn't send legions of reporters and cameramen and spend weeks shilling on the air on how big of an event it was going to be.

If it wasn't for CNN et al, James Fields wouldn't have known about it, and would still be in mom's basement to this day instead of out on a yard someplace.

Remember this, the Proud Boys and the Triple K didn't spend 5 cents to publicize the event.

The Proud Boys were not involved.

Forum List

Back