What exactly constitutes a sin?

Kathianne said:
Fine, what version IS 'your bible?' That was the simple, unextended question awhile ago. What is the big deal?

cp--Sorry, saw you answered. Thank you!

This may help, Kath.

Matthew 5:28 (The Message)

28But don't think you've preserved your virtue simply by staying out of bed. Your heart can be corrupted by lust even quicker than your body. Those leering looks you think nobody notices--they also corrupt.

Matthew 5:28 (Amplified Bible)

28But I say to you that everyone who so much as looks at a woman with evil desire for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 5:28 (Wycliffe New Testament)

28 But I say to you, that every man that seeth a woman [for] to covet her, hath now done lechery by her in his heart [now he hath done lechery with her in his heart].

Mateo 5:28 (Reina-Valera Antigua)

28Mas yo os digo, que cualquiera que mira á una mujer para codiciarla, ya adulteró con ella en su corazón.

Mateo 5:28 (Hiligaynon Bible)

28 Pero ako nagasiling sa inyo nga kon ang lalaki magtulok sa babayi nga may handom sa pagpakighilawas sa iya, pareho lang nga nagapanginbabayi na siya sa iya.

마태복음 5:28 (Korean Bible)

28나는 너희에게 이르노니 여자를 보고 음욕을 품는 자마다 마음에 이미 간음하였느니라

Mateo 5:28 (Ang Salita ng Diyos)

28Ngunit sinasabi ko sa inyo: Ang sinumang tumingin sa isang babae na may masamang pagnanasa sa kaniya ay nagkakasala na ng pangangalunya sa kaniyang puso.

Mathew 5:28 (Deez Bible)
28 - I'm telling you, you think you're okay because you haven't actually NAILED the woman you keep lusting after? (insert buzz sound from gameshow). Wrong. The lust in your heart is Sin, and can destroy you, whether or not you actually get a piece.

:D

-=d=- said:
You can read them. You're smart. You're a teacher. :D The point of the scripture is VERY Clear, regardless of the words used to make it. :)

Yeah, I think that's what a lot of religious say.

-=d=- said:
You are implying to me that it makes a difference if Jesus were to say:

"Be Happy"

vs.

"Be Glad"

??????

Nope, not what I'm saying. I think this will not go forward in an enlightening way, for any of us. Bashing isn't good, whether it's name calling or posting pics of priests as the most unholy, (that wasn't you, I know).

Some things should just be left alone.

Kathianne said:
Nope, not what I'm saying. I think this will not go forward in an enlightening way, for any of us. Bashing isn't good, whether it's name calling or posting pics of priests as the most unholy, (that wasn't you, I know).

Some things should just be left alone.

I'm honestly amazed that you take issue with the scripture I posted - because EVERY verse there teaches the SAME message; I'm unsure how anyone could debate that it does not.

Oh well.

Mr. P said:
Only if you pull the covers over her head and keep her trapped for a minute or so. :D

:eek2:

That whole "thou shalt not kill" thing is just a <i>suggestion</i>, right? Cause you'd deserve it.

GotZoom said:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'll be her tattoo

Damn..did I say that?

ilefantastique02.jpg

-=d=- said:
"...Look - when you see a hot woman, think to yourself 'MAN! Would I like to get a piece of THAT', you've already sinned because you've nailed her 'in your heart'" - Jesus

You must have the Rick James Bible!

Shattered said:
:eek2:

That whole "thou shalt not kill" thing is just a <i>suggestion</i>, right? Cause you'd deserve it.

Where does the Bible teach "thou shall not kill"?

Forum List

Back