What European onlookers think about US election

Euro Observer

Rookie
Aug 1, 2016
I am a retired Australian now living permanently in Europe and have followed the US election extensively this year as I am fascinated by the 2 candidates
Hillary Clinton who I cannot believe will get any level headed American to believe what she says or promises especially after her dismal record.
Donald Trump who is not known very well outside of USA but to many foreigners following the elections seems to a breath of fresh air and seems to project the views of the average American
I do think Mr Trump should give the Democrats and CNN political reporters a lesson in the English language and explain to them that it consists of satire and sense of humour and they should stop turning around
what he says to try an brainwash democrat voters
CNN You are a disgrace to world political reporting and people in Europe are laughing at you for your one eyed views every night. So much for freedom of the biased press

Well, at least we have a choice between about 30 different flavors of donuts. :rock:

Anyway. Most American voters are already brainwashed. Spend about 30 seconds with them and you'll quickly understand why democracy is a really, really, really, bad idea.

Last edited:
:welcome: Euro Observer

Your OP is a breath of fresh air. A real live Aussie, to cool. Been fortunate to have met some wonderful Australians. Worked around Qantas employees at HNL back in the 80's. I worked for a Service Provider that handled Qantas back then. Great bunch of folks.
As for the USMB just keep a sense of humor, be willing to defend yourself and please remember and never forget there are a lot of assholes in this ole' world...
Remind me to tell you how I almost started a war with Australia by doing considerable damage to a RAAF 707... :banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
:welcome: Euro Observer

Your OP is a breath of fresh air. A real live Aussie, to cool. Been fortunate to have met some wonderful Australians. Worked around Qantas employees at HNL back in the 80's. I worked for a Service Provider that handled Qantas back then. Great bunch of folks.
As for the USMB just keep a sense of humor, be willing to defend yourself and please remember and never forget there are a lot of assholes in this ole' world...
Remind me to tell you how I almost started a war with Australia by doing considerable damage to a RAAF 707... :banghead::banghead:
Thank you for your kind words .I too worked with many Americans in the 70s when I worked for Aramco in The Hague in Holland and had a lot of laughs mainly about your game of football with all the padding etc . We all ended up good mates but never did agree about your football and our rugby.
Living in Malta now has given my wife and I the opportunity to go on many ocean cruises and we fly to Miami quite frequently to pick up a Royal Caribbean cruise around the Caribbean, Panama Mexico and San Diego and have met many interesting Americans of all ages.
I would never think of interfering in US politics like Obama does in Europe but your 2016 election is catching the attention of many Europeans and we spend many lunch time hours at the pub discussing world problems(in a light hearted way) and always come to the same conclusion that if politicians throughout the world listened to us the world would be a better place.

I am a retired Australian now living permanently in Europe and have followed the US election extensively this year as I am fascinated by the 2 candidates
Hillary Clinton who I cannot believe will get any level headed American to believe what she says or promises especially after her dismal record.
Donald Trump who is not known very well outside of USA but to many foreigners following the elections seems to a breath of fresh air and seems to project the views of the average American
I do think Mr Trump should give the Democrats and CNN political reporters a lesson in the English language and explain to them that it consists of satire and sense of humour and they should stop turning around
CNN You are a disgrace to world political reporting and people in Europe are laughing at you for your one eyed views every night. So much for freedom of the biased press

I'm from New Zealand, I live permanently in the US and I pretty sure you are full of shit.
================================================================
European attitudes toward President Barack Obama remain very positive. Across the 10 EU nations polled, a median of 77% have confidence in Obama to do the right thing in world affairs, including more than eight-in-ten in Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany and France.
Europeans are somewhat less enthusiastic about Hillary Clinton, although her ratings are still mostly positive: A median of 59% have confidence in her. In contrast, ratings for Donald Trump are overwhelmingly negative. A median of just 9% trust the wealthy real estate developer to do the right thing in world affairs; 85% lack confidence in him.
U.S.-leader-confidence-WEB-version.png

As Obama Years Draw to Close, President and U.S. Seen Favorably in Europe and Asia
Other than bombing on your first thread here at USMB, welcome!:bye1:

I'm from New Zealand, I live permanently in the US and I pretty sure you are full of shit.
European attitudes toward President Barack Obama remain very positive. Across the 10 EU nations polled, a median of 77% have confidence in Obama to do the right thing in world affairs, including more than eight-in-ten in Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany and France.
Europeans are somewhat less enthusiastic about Hillary Clinton, although her ratings are still mostly positive: A median of 59% have confidence in her. In contrast, ratings for Donald Trump are overwhelmingly negative. A median of just 9% trust the wealthy real estate developer to do the right thing in world affairs; 85% lack confidence in him.
View attachment 85126
As Obama Years Draw to Close, President and U.S. Seen Favorably in Europe and Asia
Spoken by a true Kiwi. Dont worry I will ignore you. Please thank Hillary and Mr Obama for ISIS

View attachment 85126
Anti-Trump propaganda is even worse in Europe. While in America it is distributed in a roundabout way by the MSM, in Europe, they directly target him. Additionally, your first sentence shows what kind of debates you like. While I have no confidence in the majority of the US voters, I consider the European voters even more stupid and manipulated.

View attachment 85126
Anti-Trump propaganda is even worse in Europe. While in America it is distributed in a roundabout way by the MSM, in Europe, they directly target him. Additionally, your first sentence shows what kind of debates you like. While I have no confidence in the majority of the US voters, I consider the European voters even more stupid and manipulated.

There is no need for anti-Trump propaganda, Trump produces all the anti-Trump propaganda himself, every time he opens his little tiny girly mouth.

View attachment 85126

There is no need for anti-Trump propaganda, Trump produces all the anti-Trump propaganda himself, every time he opens his little tiny girly mouth.
What he says, has a lot of sense in it. Of course, for European regimes and their population exchange agendas, he sounds like a major threat and their puppet scribblers are busy all day to draw a bad picture of him.

Because of our liberal media, America is a friggen joke.

View attachment 85126
Spoken by a true Kiwi. Dont worry I will ignore you. Please thank Hillary and Mr Obama for ISIS

I see the truth hurts and you're just another bullshitter. I have my doubts that you live in Europe as you were proven to be clueless about how Europeans actually feel about Trump.
Go ahead and point me on "ignore", that's what pussies do, after all.
European are individuals, not all agree about everything, like here. Sounds like you're the one that got hurt.

Sure, Sport. Because Europeans don't get any bias in the media. It's all they know, very few Americans are all that engaged, let alone Europeans. And guess where the European press gets their coverage?

I remember when the US press sold America on invading Iraq. At the same time, the European press was telling their audience, contradictory facts that were proven to be true.
Just because people's outlooks are different from yours, doesn't mean they are lesser thinkers than you. As a matter of fact, I'd guess that 90% of the civilized world doesn't agree with a majority of your beliefs.
Have you ever considered that is you, that's is being fed fantasies?

Sure, Sport. Because Europeans don't get any bias in the media. It's all they know, very few Americans are all that engaged, let alone Europeans. And guess where the European press gets their coverage?

I remember when the US press sold America on invading Iraq. At the same time, the European press was telling their audience, contradictory facts that were proven to be true.
Just because people's outlooks are different from yours, doesn't mean they are lesser thinkers than you. As a matter of fact, I'd guess that 90% of the civilized world doesn't agree with a majority of your beliefs.
The press didn't sell us on Iraq, your memory is fucked up. If Europe had Intel that the UK, US and our allies had it didn't come out so I'd say you're full of shit. And you have no idea what 90% of people believe, you shit one turd after the other and pretend they're roses.

The press didn't sell us on Iraq
Your government did.

'Curveball': I lied about WMD to hasten Iraq war
U.S. backs away from vow to punish France over Iraq

Forum List

Back