Zone1 What does this Scripture (RE learning..) remind you of?

What does "always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the Truth" remind u of?

• elite democrats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • most politicians of either party

• most people in general

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • non-Christians

• a relative I have

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • all of the above

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
What does this Scripture remind you of

The one that mentions how some are always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the Truth?

Mostly it reminds me of elite Dimrats

always "searching" for knowledge (NOT) but just so they can use it against the Rs, not bc they want to grow or evolve.

Last edited:
It seems to me that the purpose of it is to convince people to believe in religious superstitions.

A way of convincing people to abandon science?

The link doesn't provide any hints.

And even the OP has turned to flaming Democrats instead of this being an honest question that belongs in this section.

The one that mentions how some are always learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the Truth?

always "searching" for knowledge (NOT) but just so they can use it against the Rs, not bc they want to grow or evolve.
Not just “Elite Democrats”, but most of them.

• Banned
It seems to me that the purpose of it is to convince people to believe in religious superstitions.

A way of convincing people to abandon science?

The link doesn't provide any hints.

And even the OP has turned to flaming Democrats instead of this being an honest question that belongs in this section.
so if it is written in the Bible

in your opinion

it is not true, even if.. were it read by you but you didn't know it was from the Bible

u may be open to acknowledging it is true?

:rolleyes:

• Banned
Not just “Elite Democrats”, but most of them.
I don't see any elite dims who do NOT fit that description.

they never learn anything and/or just go on dragging things out when to more intelligent folks, the important facts have been gathered and now it's time to do something about the problem whatever the problem is

I don't see any dims who make a lick of sense except--- like the old broken clock that is right twice a day.. but who needs that track record when u are trying to run a country?

How have Republicans evolved? From mean to meaner?

so if it is written in the Bible
If it is written in any of the bibles, it might not be true. All the different versions of the bible are flawed with superstitious beliefs. Christians themselves claim that the bible can't be taken literally.
in your opinion
My opinion is the same as that of Christians who don't believe their bible is to be taken literally. I think they are now the majority.
it is not true, even if.. were it read by you but you didn't know it was from the Bible
I don't depend on where something is written in order to judge it true or false.
u may be open to acknowledging it is true?
There are some truths in the bibles, I would guess, but with caution.

If it is written in any of the bibles, it might not be true. All the different versions of the bible are flawed with superstitious beliefs. Christians themselves claim that the bible can't be taken literally.
The Bible includes many types of literature: Historical legends, fables, just-so stories, myths, songs, plays, poetry, quotes or cliches of the time, biographies. By definition, not every word in the Bible should be taken literally. On the other hand, all of its messages should be taken very much to heart.

The Biblical account of Noah's Ark is a prime example how in taking this story literally, the message is all but drowned out. At least one atheist here is not in the least interested in the message the author presented--doesn't care even an iota of what it might be.

The Bible doesn't need to be read literally, it needs to be studied and understood correctly. True, some people of faith don't always have an unerring comprehension of these ancient narratives, but too many atheists who consider themselves knowledgeable haven't a clue. Their first mistake is in believing that the majority take the Bible literally. In fact, (and this has been true down through the ages) two-thirds of the faithful never thought they were supposed to take it all literally.

The Protestant Reformation, and their insistence that everyone could read and understand the Bible all on their own created those who supposed that the entire Bible was meant to be read literally.

It reminds me of those who try to keep God out of any reason for the creation of this earth or the purpose of life. They are forever trying to come up with a different explanation but never able to reach the conclusion that it was all created by God and implemented for God's own reasons. They purposely put up a block on God because they refuse to ever look down that avenue.

The Bible includes many types of literature: Historical legends, fables, just-so stories, myths, songs, plays, poetry, quotes or cliches of the time, biographies. By definition, not every word in the Bible should be taken literally. On the other hand, all of its messages should be taken very much to heart.
Yes, that's pretty close to what I said, sans the taking it to heart you added.
The Biblical account of Noah's Ark is a prime example how in taking this story literally, the message is all but drowned out. At least one atheist here is not in the least interested in the message the author presented--doesn't care even an iota of what it might be. \
At least half of Christians consider their bibles to be the literal word of their god. Probably more like 2/3's.
The Bible doesn't need to be read literally, it needs to be studied and understood correctly. True, some people of faith don't always have an unerring comprehension of these ancient narratives, but too many atheists who consider themselves knowledgeable haven't a clue. Their first mistake is in believing that the majority take the Bible literally. In fact, (and this has been true down through the ages) two-thirds of the faithful never thought they were supposed to take it all literally.
You're involved in amending Christians' beliefs from what they were to what makes the beliefs acceptable. You're going to have to be honest about it.

The truthful facts about it is that close to 100% of Christians believed their bibles to be the literal truth and the word of god, 100 years ago.

The Protestant Reformation, and their insistence that everyone could read and understand the Bible all on their own created those who supposed that the entire Bible was meant to be read literally.
That could be true so I won't reject it out of hand. I suspect that it's not true.

At least half of Christians consider their bibles to be the literal word of their god. Probably more like 2/3's.
Not according to the last study I read. Back in the 1970s, Evangelicals made some inroad on insisting everyone should take the Bible literally, and I believe they did get the number up close to one-half. But it fell back to that one-third point in the next decade or so. Catholics and Orthodox (the greatest majority of Christians) did not take the Bible literally, although at least with Catholics, if one wanted to read it literally, it wasn't a problem.

The truthful facts about it is that close to 100% of Christians believed their bibles to be the literal truth and the word of god, 100 years ago.
Are you Catholic? I come from a long line of Catholics. For example, my grandmother (born in the early 1900s, never took the Bible literally, and she was trained in a Catholic nursing school. Further, she told me her mother, my great-grandmother didn't read the Bible literally. She said few Catholics did.

Protestant Christians may have done so, but it was not a Catholic practice.

Are you Catholic? I come from a long line of Catholics. For example, my grandmother (born in the early 1900s, never took the Bible literally, and she was trained in a Catholic nursing school. Further, she told me her mother, my great-grandmother didn't read the Bible literally. She said few Catholics did.

Protestant Christians may have done so, but it was not a Catholic practice.
You're lying.

Or if you're not lying then the truth has been distorted in your mind by your church.

There's no need for me to continue this discussion with you if you can't be honest.

You're lying.

Or if you're not lying then the truth has been distorted in your mind by your church.

There's no need for me to continue this discussion with you if you can't be honest.
I am not lying. Further, I have done research. I am merely presenting what I have learned over the years, and often from scholarly, not Catholic, resources. When one is not open to discussion I agree there is no reason to continue.

Maybe a lot of Christians. There are at most 40,000 different sects or interpretations of the Bible, so 39,999 have it wrong. Or maybe they all have it wrong

Forum List

Back