What does Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, & Rush Limbaugh have in common?

The date of your posted article is May 09. 2009. Frankly, I'm not interested in your political blathering on this whole thing. It's JOBS JOBS JOBS that concern me, and it should you.

GM is already able to invest $257 million in its assembly plant in Kansas City and in the Detroit-Hamtramck plant keeping thousands of people employed.

The government can't "create"jobs, Maggie. Government jobs de-fund the private economy. They don't produce anything. They just take money out of one citizen's pocket and put it into another.

What this administration needs to do in order to get employers hiring again is to abandon their job-killing agenda. But they're not going to do that, are they? Which leaves us no choice but to PUNT their stupid asses out of office in 2010 and 2012. That's how I'm going to show MY concern about jobs... at the ballot box. :lol:

It doesn't matter if the article I sited is from last year if GM's plans haven't changed, if they're still closing plants and still moving jobs into cheaper labor markets. And isn't it convenient how people's confidence in foreign cars has dropped here lately, so that GM can afford to expand its product line? The Democrats in Congress might have been pure as the driven snow in it's sanction of Toyota... but who but an abject moron would believe it when their political fortunes are tied to the health of their bailout projects?

During the financial crisis that led to GM filing for bankruptcy protection last year, the automaker closed 14 factories and shed more than 65,000 blue-collar jobs in the U.S. through buyouts, early retirement offers and layoffs. The company now employs about 40,000 hourly workers in the U.S.

After the event at the Kansas City plant, Whitacre was scheduled to fly to Washington, where he will meet with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other lawmakers.

GM's moves come as a new poll finds that slightly more Americans now say the U.S. makes better-quality vehicles than Asia, with 38 percent saying U.S. cars are best and 33 percent preferring autos made by Asian companies, according to an Associated Press-GfK survey.

The poll suggests the shift in sentiment is largely fueled by a plunge in Toyota's reputation and an upswing in Ford Motor Co's. The poll was conducted in March, as Toyota was suffering bad publicity over its recall of more than 8 million vehicles around the globe.

When the same question was asked in a December 2006 AP-AOL poll, 46 percent said Asian countries made superior cars, while just 29 percent preferred American vehicles, reflecting a perception of U.S. automotive inferiority that began taking hold about three decades ago.

(more...)
GM Pumps $257M into Michigan, Kansas Plants - CBS News

Note that if you read the entire article, no mention is made of how GM paid us back with our own taxpayer dollars. :eek:

Note also that as soon as Whitacre made his press release in Kansas... he jetted off to Washington for a meeting with Nancy Pelosi. :eek:

What amazes me is the vociferous complaint that we so often hear from liberals right on this very board regarding corporatism... but that they can't seem to recognize it when it's right up under their noses.

Back on topic, I've noticed that the GM ad is getting quite a bit of play on talk-radio... and just this morning I heard one of our local talkers defending GM against a caller who was boycotting. Not so, Glenn Beck on his Fox Broadcast earlier this evening. He had already fired them from his advertising line-up a good while back... and gave them the shit that they so richly deserved tonight for LYING to the public.

No media outlet is explicitly trustworthy. We have a responsibility as citizens to seek out the truth for ourselves. And sticking our heads in the sand because the truth doesn't necessarily jibe with our chosen ideology solves NONE of our problems. I heard two conservative talkers discuss GM today, one was taking advertising, one wasn't.... and their verbiage was very different. And in the article above, we see that CBS doesn't feel the need to share with us how GM paid the money back. I have to wonder if GM is advertising with them too. :eusa_eh:

The U.S. Government should NOT be in the car business, or the bank business, or the healthcare business. You can't be the referee *AND* a player on the field with a vested interest in the outcome. That's how we end up with a corrupt, corporatist system.

You can't keep the money from affecting the press... but damned if we should put up with it in our government. That's OUR house. WE are the sovereign.

Government :evil: such as our own is, by definition, an umpire for our society, NOT a player. Only in the rarest of circumstances should the government be a player. When the government is a player it is as though the NFL umpires fielded a team of umpires, while trying at the same time to umpire the games. Who do you think would go to the superbowl every year in that case?It is OK for the government to kick-start some things such as space travel, or the post office, or our railroad system in their beginnings, but as soon as they are up and running government should withdraw and allow the market place to run these things, insuring only a level playing field for all the competing teams. When government picks winners and losers and plays the game there is no fairness for anyone.

That worked very well for that Mining Company, didn't it?

The government can't "create"jobs, Maggie. Government jobs de-fund the private economy. They don't produce anything. They just take money out of one citizen's pocket and put it into another.

What this administration needs to do in order to get employers hiring again is to abandon their job-killing agenda. But they're not going to do that, are they? Which leaves us no choice but to PUNT their stupid asses out of office in 2010 and 2012. That's how I'm going to show MY concern about jobs... at the ballot box. :lol:

It doesn't matter if the article I sited is from last year if GM's plans haven't changed, if they're still closing plants and still moving jobs into cheaper labor markets. And isn't it convenient how people's confidence in foreign cars has dropped here lately, so that GM can afford to expand its product line? The Democrats in Congress might have been pure as the driven snow in it's sanction of Toyota... but who but an abject moron would believe it when their political fortunes are tied to the health of their bailout projects?

Note that if you read the entire article, no mention is made of how GM paid us back with our own taxpayer dollars. :eek:

Note also that as soon as Whitacre made his press release in Kansas... he jetted off to Washington for a meeting with Nancy Pelosi. :eek:

What amazes me is the vociferous complaint that we so often hear from liberals right on this very board regarding corporatism... but that they can't seem to recognize it when it's right up under their noses.

Back on topic, I've noticed that the GM ad is getting quite a bit of play on talk-radio... and just this morning I heard one of our local talkers defending GM against a caller who was boycotting. Not so, Glenn Beck on his Fox Broadcast earlier this evening. He had already fired them from his advertising line-up a good while back... and gave them the shit that they so richly deserved tonight for LYING to the public.

No media outlet is explicitly trustworthy. We have a responsibility as citizens to seek out the truth for ourselves. And sticking our heads in the sand because the truth doesn't necessarily jibe with our chosen ideology solves NONE of our problems. I heard two conservative talkers discuss GM today, one was taking advertising, one wasn't.... and their verbiage was very different. And in the article above, we see that CBS doesn't feel the need to share with us how GM paid the money back. I have to wonder if GM is advertising with them too. :eusa_eh:

The U.S. Government should NOT be in the car business, or the bank business, or the healthcare business. You can't be the referee *AND* a player on the field with a vested interest in the outcome. That's how we end up with a corrupt, corporatist system.

You can't keep the money from affecting the press... but damned if we should put up with it in our government. That's OUR house. WE are the sovereign.

Government :evil: such as our own is, by definition, an umpire for our society, NOT a player. Only in the rarest of circumstances should the government be a player. When the government is a player it is as though the NFL umpires fielded a team of umpires, while trying at the same time to umpire the games. Who do you think would go to the superbowl every year in that case?It is OK for the government to kick-start some things such as space travel, or the post office, or our railroad system in their beginnings, but as soon as they are up and running government should withdraw and allow the market place to run these things, insuring only a level playing field for all the competing teams. When government picks winners and losers and plays the game there is no fairness for anyone.

Government regulations and snooping has worked very well in California hasn't it bodecea?

The date of your posted article is May 09. 2009. Frankly, I'm not interested in your political blathering on this whole thing. It's JOBS JOBS JOBS that concern me, and it should you.

GM is already able to invest $257 million in its assembly plant in Kansas City and in the Detroit-Hamtramck plant keeping thousands of people employed.

During the financial crisis that led to GM filing for bankruptcy protection last year, the automaker closed 14 factories and shed more than 65,000 blue-collar jobs in the U.S. through buyouts, early retirement offers and layoffs. The company now employs about 40,000 hourly workers in the U.S.

After the event at the Kansas City plant, Whitacre was scheduled to fly to Washington, where he will meet with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other lawmakers.

GM's moves come as a new poll finds that slightly more Americans now say the U.S. makes better-quality vehicles than Asia, with 38 percent saying U.S. cars are best and 33 percent preferring autos made by Asian companies, according to an Associated Press-GfK survey.

The poll suggests the shift in sentiment is largely fueled by a plunge in Toyota's reputation and an upswing in Ford Motor Co's. The poll was conducted in March, as Toyota was suffering bad publicity over its recall of more than 8 million vehicles around the globe.

When the same question was asked in a December 2006 AP-AOL poll, 46 percent said Asian countries made superior cars, while just 29 percent preferred American vehicles, reflecting a perception of U.S. automotive inferiority that began taking hold about three decades ago.

(more...)
GM Pumps $257M into Michigan, Kansas Plants - CBS News

Murf I agree....but the new positions MaggieMae referenced are with The Private Sector, not the government. Nonetheless, you have every right to be concerned.

ees_per_Government_Employee_1990-2005_2_copy.jpg

TonyPua_KJ_public-servants.gif

Last edited:

Government regulations and snooping has worked very well in California hasn't it bodecea?

Well, I've not heard of any recent mining accidents, oil well spills, etc. But I suppose it's all about the money with you....right?

All are college dropouts who have no work experience except radio and TV, have never held public office, served in military, nor worked in government. Yet their followers treat their words as gospel.

Also they all have 7 digit incomes. No wonder they are so concerned with higher taxes on the rich.

Sean Hannity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Glenn Beck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmm.....college dropouts, no public office, no military service........earning 7 digits, and kicking the crap out of "intelligent and enlightened" liberals who've attempted talk radio and on network TV in ratings, as Air America went bankrupt, NPR is barely listened to, and MSNBC has fewer viewers and a Milwaukee Brewers vs Toronto Blue Jays baseball game.

Could.....hard work be the answer? Thats a foreign phrase to liberals on the left, but those men have worked very hard for what they have, agree with them or not, but their work ethics cannot be denied. Nor their talent within their career fields. Jealousy is ugly.

Yes...we all know that education is a waste of time. NONE of us ever work hard...on 48-72 hours per week, here. Hassan Ngeze was MAYBE a junior high graduate...I don't think that anyone ever got a straight answer out of him. But he worked hard, and look where it got him! And look at all the WONDERFUL things that people associate with his name.

Who needs college, when you're a "journalist"? Critical thinking skills and the ability to discern fact and fiction? Not necessary. Ngeze was a very successful "reporter"; and aren't we all glad that he was able to mutter and spread his filth around? Objectivity is very important in journalism. Because people who are more ignorant than the "hard worker", or have some kind of psychiatric illness believe it....because they heard it on the "news".

Journalism can be a VERY DANGEROUS thing, if it is abused. If your purpose is to entertain, then your show should be labeled as such. But spewing hatred and intolerance, and using opinion rather than fact, can lead to a person, or people who are already mentally imbalanced- into committing carnage. It's happened time after time after time. Some "reporters" have been executed and/or imprisoned for irresponsible "journalism". And I would say that all of the above, skate on thin ice, regularly. It's only a matter of time before someone says: "Glenn Beck told me I should do this."

As ridiculous as that sounds to most of us, it will happen, eventually.

Last edited:
Journalism can be a VERY DANGEROUS thing, if it is abused. If your purpose is to entertain, then your show should be labeled as such. But spewing hatred and intolerance, and using opinion rather than fact, can lead to a person, or people who are already mentally imbalanced- into committing carnage. It's happened time after time after time. Some "reporters" have been executed and/or imprisoned for irresponsible "journalism". And I would say that all of the above, skate on thin ice, regularly. It's only a matter of time before someone says: "Glenn Beck told me I should do this."

Great point! :cuckoo: Now, let's burn all copies of Catcher in the Rye, m'kay? Better ban all Jodie Foster movies, too.

Great point! :cuckoo: Now, let's burn all copies of Catcher in the Rye, m'kay? Better ban all Jodie Foster movies, too.

Hey..."Catcher in the Rye"....great book! A far cry from Glenn Beck, and his list of people he'd like to beat to death with a shovel, and shoot in the head. Apples and oranges. Irresponsible journalism has a nasty history of being connected to little incidents such as oh....genocides....wars. But you're going to believe what you want to believe. Complacency is comfortable, and it's always nice to have someone on television or radio who validates your thoughts. Right?

Hey..."Catcher in the Rye"....great book! A far cry from Glenn Beck, and his list of people he'd like to beat to death with a shovel, and shoot in the head. Apples and oranges. Irresponsible journalism has a nasty history of being connected to little incidents such as oh....genocides....wars. But you're going to believe what you want to believe. Complacency is comfortable, and it's always nice to have someone on television or radio who validates your thoughts. Right?
Problem is, no one has been killed or shot in the head because of Glenn Beck.

Obviously, that detail went over your head. You are against free speech. That is some impressive level of conceit thinking that you can control the thoughts and actions of all. You are not in touch with reality.

Last edited:

Problem is, no one has been killed or shot in the head because of Glen Beck.

Obviously, that detail went over your head. You are against free speech. That is some impressive level of conceit thinking that you can control the thoughts and actions of all. You are not in touch with reality.

Against free speech? PLEASE! I'm simply stating a fact. People who report delusions and rumors, are dangerous in journalism. Forgive me...it went over my head. :doubt: You're so much smarter than I. Teach me, enlightened one. I just had NO idea that noone had been killed because of Beck's "news". That's why I said that it "will" happen. I thought that "will" was future tense. Thank you for setting me straight on that. And with that said, you know as well as I that propaganda from the Nazis helped instigate the Holocaust. And propaganda helped instigate the Rwandan Genocide. Those are two of the big ones that come to mind.

Against free speech? PLEASE! I'm simply stating a fact. People who report delusions and rumors, are dangerous in journalism. Forgive me...it went over my head. :doubt: You're so much smarter than I. Teach me, enlightened one. I just had NO idea that noone had been killed because of Beck's "news". That's why I said that it "will" happen. I thought that "will" was future tense. Thank you for setting me straight on that. And with that said, you know as well as I that propaganda from the Nazis helped instigate the Holocaust. And propaganda helped instigate the Rwandan Genocide. Those are two of the big ones that come to mind.
Oh, I get it. You're not only advocating Orwellian destruction of free speech, you are also in favor of Precrime legislation.

:cuckoo:

Oh, I get it. You're not only advocating Orwellian destruction of free speech, you are also in favor of Precrime legislation.

I find it amazing that so many consider these three, "news". :eek:

As you watch this, substitute "Liberal" for "Communist".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQQaX2h1plo]YouTube - Murrow vs. McCarthy[/ame]

Now having seen it and with that in mind, which side reminds you most of the Triolgy of Tea Baggers Titaltion? I suggest only McCarthy does, folks.

Last edited:
Journalism can be a VERY DANGEROUS thing, if it is abused. If your purpose is to entertain, then your show should be labeled as such. But spewing hatred and intolerance, and using opinion rather than fact, can lead to a person, or people who are already mentally imbalanced- into committing carnage. It's happened time after time after time. Some "reporters" have been executed and/or imprisoned for irresponsible "journalism". And I would say that all of the above, skate on thin ice, regularly. It's only a matter of time before someone says: "Glenn Beck told me I should do this." As ridiculous as that sounds to most of us, it will happen, eventually.

Hitler Is Not Dead, But Lives On.

Astroundingly, this statement sounds like it was taken right out of the philosophy and playbook of every Nazi, Fascist, Communist, and Socialist Dictator that ever lived in the entire history of the world, from Pharoah to Hitler and Stalin to Pol Pot, and on to Saadam.

In one long sentence this "person" has erradicated 5000 years of humanities struggle for some kind of freedom, and human rights. I can hear Hitler and Stalin saying the same thing, and they did say the same thing, and express such ideas, and passed such laws and tortured to death millions of those who violated such laws.

It seems almost like the person who wrote this should be arrested and charged with a crime against humanity just for saying such a thing, but of course we advocate protecting his right to say even things such as this that advocate taking away our right even to defend his right to free speech.

What kind of "human beings" :evil: would Thank someone for saying such things?

Here we see the true face of the Democrat Party in all times and places operating under any names it uses in different climes and times.

Last edited:

OK. I want to see your evidence please. I want video clips - unedited - of Glenn Beck reading a list of people he'd like to "beat to death with a shovel and shoot in the head".

So am I. Mainly because none of them are 'journalists', nor are their programs 'news'.... they are fucking commentators. Anyone who doesn't know the difference is too stupid to debate news media.

Journalism can be a VERY DANGEROUS thing, if it is abused. If your purpose is to entertain, then your show should be labeled as such. But spewing hatred and intolerance, and using opinion rather than fact, can lead to a person, or people who are already mentally imbalanced- into committing carnage. It's happened time after time after time. Some "reporters" have been executed and/or imprisoned for irresponsible "journalism". And I would say that all of the above, skate on thin ice, regularly. It's only a matter of time before someone says: "Glenn Beck told me I should do this." As ridiculous as that sounds to most of us, it will happen, eventually.

Hitler Is Not Dead, But Lives On.

Astroundingly, this statement sounds like it was taken right out of the philosophy and playbook of every Nazi, Fascist, Communist, and Socialist Dictator that ever lived in the entire history of the world, from Pharoah to Hitler and Stalin to Pol Pot, and on to Saadam.

In one long sentence this "person" has erradicated 5000 years of humanities struggle for some kind of freedom, and human rights. I can hear Hitler and Stalin saying the same thing, and they did say the same thing, and express such ideas, and passed such laws and tortured to death millions of those who violated such laws.

It seems almost like the person who wrote this should be arrested and charged with a crime against humanity just for saying such a thing, but of course we advocate protecting his right to say even things such as this that advocate taking away our right even to defend his right to free speech.

What kind of "human beings" :evil: would Thank someone for saying such things?

Here we see the true face of the Democrat Party in all times and places operating under any names it uses in different climes and times.
[/QUO

Yes. I sat around and thought this up. One woman from humble beginnings is setting out to control the world...with the extreme opposites of communism and fascism, at the same time. One long sentence? I know how, and did use punctuation.

They manufacture medication for what you have...it's called stelazine. You people really make me sick. If you disagree with it, it's labeled as some extreme ideology; OR you call them a moron or an idiot. But hey...you're a new world genius. An internet-produced genius. Happy birthday to me. I remember when the people of this country were civil to each other. Do you?

So am I. Mainly because none of them are 'journalists', nor are their programs 'news'.... they are fucking commentators. Anyone who doesn't know the difference is too stupid to debate news media.

Go back to class, little girl. I remember when the news came on news channels. That was probably before your time.

Go back to class, little girl. I remember when the news came on news channels. That was probably before your time.

Then maybe age has impacted on your ability to differentiate between 'news' and 'comment'. Because Beck is not a journalist - nor does he claim to be. He's a commentator... That's completely different.

Still waiting for your 'evidence' of Beck wanting to hit people with shovels and shoot them in the head.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back