Caller to Limbaugh Show Exposes That Rush Knows He Blew It with Donald Trump

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
This column was written by conservative radio host John Ziegler.

Caller to Limbaugh Show Exposes That Rush Knows He Blew It with Donald Trump

*snip*

My current radio show, nationally syndicated on Sunday nights, probably would not have happened without Rush forwarding an email I sent to him on to an associate who set me up with a syndicator.

All politics aside, there has never been a more amazing unscripted broadcaster than Rush Limbaugh.

*snip*

if there was one man who could have stopped the Trump trainwreck from handing Hillary Clinton the presidency and possibly destroying the Republican party, it was Rush. No one else had the credibility and the reach within the GOP base to scold the emerging temper tantrum and keep conservative eyes on the bigger picture.

Rush’s responsibility (as at least he led us to believe) was to see all dangers to the movement and do his best to destroy them. However, when faced with the Trump Trojan horse entering the gates to the kingdom, not only did he hardly fire a shot, he practically held the door open and then laughed as the carnage ensued.

Did he criticize Trump during the primaries? Sure. But only mildly, just as he did with all of the other candidates in the bloated field ripe for a celebrity con-artist to overtake it with less than a majority of support. Trump was an existential threat to the entire conservative movement and perhaps the country itself. This was not the time to hide behind some silly “I don’t endorse in a primary” rule or a desire to pretend to be “fair” as to not offend a significant portion of his already dwindling audience.

The Rush Limbaugh I used to admire would have immediately seen the obvious danger of the Trump candidacy and snuffed it out before it could even catch fire. Instead, he mostly stood back and watched the raging inferno engulf all that he had built and everything he claims to believe in.

Sean Hannity selling his soul to Trump for a few ratings points didn’t surprise me, but Rush doing nothing at all to stop him really did. Hannity is not a smart guy, but Rush is. To whom much is given, much is expected, and Rush Limbaugh came up tiny when the conservative movement needed him most.

So now, Rush is in a very difficult spot. Much of his audience is now fully able to see the betrayal that the conservative media inflicted upon their customers for their own entertainment and ratings gain. This has become crystalized by Trump’s recent apparent reversal on much of his plan to deport all of the illegal immigrants currently in the country.

I’m a big believer that if you wait long enough and keep your eyes pierced the truth will always eventually come out. That’s exactly what happened Monday when Rush was blindsided and demolished by caller “Rick from Los Angeles,” who took him and the rest of the “conservative” media to task for allowing Trump to “con” the base about what he would really do on illegal immigration. The most telling moment was at the very end when Rush, apparently by mistake, jumps to the obviously guilt-ridden conclusion that the caller was primarily blaming him (the caller probably was, but was just too polite to say it directly).

Exposed more dramatically on his conservative flank than at any other time I have ever heard of, Rush pathetically claimed that he never attacked Trump for making an obviously false promise on illegal immigration because he never took Trump “seriously” on the matter. Of course, you would think that it would have been the obligation of “America’s Truth Detector” to point that out about a hundred times during the primaries, but Rush never did.

Forced into a corner, Rush then inadvertently let his audience in on his own “con.” You see he’s just a radio host, he admitted. Just an entertainer. It wasn’t his job to take out Trump. That was the responsibility of the other fifteen candidates (who couldn’t get access to a large conservative audience because Trump was being given massive amounts of free advertising in exchange for the ratings he provided).
*********************************************************************************

Here's the call:

All I ever heard Limbaugh do or say was in protection and support of Trump's running for President. Glen Beck was the only one against Trump when listening during the day. Trump has made alot of people scratch their heads in bewilderment, and it will continue. Trump has brought out all the hating of one another that is found in the conflicted conservative/Republican party, and the libs are standing on the sidelines throwing gasoline on the flames. The repubs/conservatives best come together before it's to late. They all had best put the interest of the voters in their sights again, because the Dems are doing just that come hell or high water no matter who they got to drag with them when doing so.

There is no guarantee that had he actively opposed Trump the results would have been different. Trump beat the other candidates to every issue. They were always on the defense.......not a recipe for winning. Hear lots of talk that this or that candidate other than Trump would wipe the floor with Hilly but the fact is none of them demonstrated such capability, end of story.

Upon what do you justify the statement that Trump is not conservative ?

His past statements and even some recent ones. He seems to think he can do great things with the power of government.

A conservative (IMO) would reduce the power of the state and allow people to to great things on their own.

He has my tacit approval anyway.

Upon what do you justify the statement that Trump is not conservative ?
He wants to strengthen Social Security and Medicare, not privatize them.
. And woe unto any conservative involved in government now, for whom might want to use the power of government in the right ways, where as it could be used with private industry along with the citizens in agreement of, in order to help America be the best for all of it's citizens right ? The Dems have made government look so bad over the years, and they have used the power of government so wrongfully, that the conservative don't dare go near it unless he or she wants to face sudden political death eh ?

The Dems have made government look so bad over the years
The Dems?

Yeah, the Dems really shit the bed cherry picking intel to justify an invasion of Iraq, for oil.

And the Dems really fucked up by crashing the economy in 2008, by defunding the Security and Exchange Commission, and every other agency tasked with regulating Wall Street.

You wingnuts are too much.

The Dems have made government look so bad over the years
The Dems?

Yeah, the Dems really shit the bed cherry picking intel to justify an invasion of Iraq, for oil.

And the Dems really fucked up by crashing the economy in 2008, by defunding the Security and Exchange Commission, and every other agency tasked with regulating Wall Street.

You wingnuts are too much.
. There certainly is enough blame to go around, but what cracks me up is when Dems get up on their lame high horse, and try and suggest that the past should stop a conservative from using government in a good way or at all. Hypocrite is actually to light a word for them. More like Demon-crats.

Forum List

Back