What does America mean to you?

Including vaccines

1628130830869.png

I've received all of the FDA approved vaccines I require.

*****SMILE*****

:)

America to me is written in the first line of the Declaration of Independence, to wit:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,"

And,

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The preamble is both a vision statement and mission statement to the posterity of Americans who followed the Founders and Framers.

Within these words in these seminal documents are rejected by some in their threads and posts. They claim to be a patriot and some wave our flag, but they are not patriots nor good citizens, even if they have been told by some in authority they are.
I like the part that starts in Mexico and winds down in Chile and Argentina.
699146-patagonia-wallpapers-2880x1800-for-phones.jpg

do you recite the declaration with your comrades while you burn the flag at a mostly peaceful but fiery protest ?
Well Bozo, I've never burned the American Flag nor do I ever expect to do so. I understand that those who suffer injustice do, especially when the words in the seminal documents noted in the OP are not lived up in reality.

America to me is written in the first line of the Declaration of Independence, to wit:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,"

And,

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The preamble is both a vision statement and mission statement to the posterity of Americans who followed the Founders and Framers.

Within these words in these seminal documents are rejected by some in their threads and posts. They claim to be a patriot and some wave our flag, but they are not patriots nor good citizens, even if they have been told by some in authority they are.
This is what we are supposed to be doing with our form of federal Government:

Some fine words in the Constitution. America's still standing after more than 200 years. Not gonna please every body with over three hundred million people. We have some crazy stuff we need to get rid of like corporations being people and money is speech. We just got rid of a psychopath president who thought he deserved to remain as the prez and the millions who voted against him could go to hell. Well, hopefully he'll soon be dead or in prison so time to move on and get behind our new prez for solidarity..

Some fine words in the Constitution. America's still standing after more than 200 years. Not gonna please every body with over three hundred million people. We have some crazy stuff we need to get rid of like corporations being people and money is speech. We just got rid of a psychopath president who thought he deserved to remain as the prez and the millions who voted against him could go to hell. Well, hopefully he'll soon be dead or in prison so time to move on and get behind our new prez for solidarity..
Solving simple poverty can help under any form of Capitalism.

America is a challenge.

The Declaration of Independence was our mission statement, setting our nation up as the first in human history to be based on the Enlightenment ideal that all people are naturally free. It and the Constitution are aspirational, charging us to install representatives to use the power of our republic to guarantee that freedom not only to ourselves, but to our neighbors.

And it works. Even though we often fail, we persevere. We were the first and we are the largest nation to guarantee those rights, with the longest-lasting codified Constitution on the planet, by some length. No other nation has this much usable, resource-heavy land, held together for this long. The strength of our government, which has never been overthrown, keeps fifty countries together operating as one nation; imagine the 50-ish nations in Africa, Europe, or Asia trying that, for 230+ years. It's working.

Our scrappy little experiment changed the world by setting those goals of natural rights, and doing our best to live up to them. Now, we essentially lead the world by numerous metrics, and will continue to do so as long as we keep using that combination of education, righteousness, and refusal to give up to guarantee those rights to as many people in our nation as we can.

So it's a challenge. We have a lot, but that means we need to do a lot to keep it. Hopefully, we will.

The best I can do is to put you on ignore. There is no rebuttal to someone like you who shits on the DoI and the Preamble, and misconstrues the Constitution to suit his biases based on hate.

Without law, there is no order.
Article 2, Section 3
he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed
, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

View attachment 521544

With equal rights comes equal responsibilities.

If you expect someone should be taking care of you without giving your time in return in some sort of work that helps all then expect to lose some of those rights.

*****SMILE*****

Employment is at the will of either party. Obey the Law, don't be illegal to the Law while practicing hypocrisy upon the less fortunate.

Employment is at the will of either party. Obey the Law, don't be illegal to the Law while practicing hypocrisy upon the less fortunate.
1628171969189.png

You're free to be a saint on your own dime.

Come to my table uninvited you can expect to at least clean the dishes and stuff afterwards if you want to eat.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 521544

With equal rights comes equal responsibilities.

If you expect someone should be taking care of you without giving your time in return in some sort of work that helps all then expect to lose some of those rights.

*****SMILE*****

I take take this claim ["equal rights comes equal responsibility"] with a grain of salt. Read the Bill of Rights, then consider the aged, infirm and those born with birth defects; domestic violence victims; and those who cannot secure a job when the employer only hires people who look like them.

I take take this claim ["equal rights comes equal responsibility"] with a grain of salt. Read the Bill of Rights, then consider the aged, infirm and those born with birth defects; domestic violence victims; and those who cannot secure a job when the employer only hires people who look like them.
1628172925721.png

I know plenty of people who fit those categories who still contribute without falling prey to your victim status mentality.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 521840

You're free to be a saint on your own dime.

Come to my table uninvited you can expect to at least clean the dishes and stuff afterwards if you want to eat.

*****SMILE*****

Proof, right-wingers only believe in natural rights in abortion threads?

Show us the express Immigration clause or Obey the (Constitutional) Law.

Forum List

Back