What does America mean to you?

America to me is written in the first line of the Declaration of Independence, to wit:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,"

And,

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The preamble is both a vision statement and mission statement to the posterity of Americans who followed the Founders and Framers.

Within these words in these seminal documents are rejected by some in their threads and posts. They claim to be a patriot and some wave our flag, but they are not patriots nor good citizens, even if they have been told by some in authority they are.
Absolutely. I see equality as the founding principle on which all else rests. That’s why it comes first.

You do know they were talking about enlightenment in a time of Divine Right monarchs and it wasn't about equality and parity of the masses?
Yep, however the Preamble and Jefferson's DoI set a theme for the future. Sadly, it still has not yet become. And never will as long as the faux conservatives, racists, misogynists and all around bigots believe otherwise.

Equal rights, opportunities and justice are still in the future.

To me my faith is of utmost importance closely followed by family. EVERYTHING else markedly down the list.

America to me is written in the first line of the Declaration of Independence, to wit:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,"

And,

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The preamble is both a vision statement and mission statement to the posterity of Americans who followed the Founders and Framers.

Within these words in these seminal documents are rejected by some in their threads and posts. They claim to be a patriot and some wave our flag, but they are not patriots nor good citizens, even if they have been told by some in authority they are.
do you recite the declaration with your comrades while you burn the flag at a mostly peaceful but fiery protest ?

And,

Shut up

How about these.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Now tell me how good old Joe has subjected ya'll to absolute Despotism.

"Wear a mask and get a shot, Please" The tyrant said!
what if I say no thank you??

And,

A corrupt political system that is on the way down. Partisans on both sides attacking each other for the very same things their own political side is doing. And total and utter nonsense, as evidenced by half this political forum (and I'm being generous with 50%)

Ok, my original reply was harsh. I'll just say, America is far and away what it could be.

Politics rules the day in the lives of many, and it has become the most divisive thing in existence.

We fight, so often, were at each others throats, we have all picked a side and we're too scared to give even just a little bit, and admit that the other side might be right in some areas, and that our side might be wrong in some.

We've let the media fill our minds with hate, and propoganda...from whatever side. We've stopped working together and have become enemies .

I know that most people probably don't pay attention to politics like those of us here, but that doesn't mean that they don't have their biases, and their pull toward one side or the other.

To move forward, we are going to have to learn to stop viewing the world through the lens of partisan media, and maybe even unplug, if necessary.

Last edited:
Are you mentally out of touch with reality. There are millions of Democrats and they are not all the same. Your first sentence ["Democrats claim America is an evil empire founded in 1619 by white supremacist"] is absurd.

Then you make this claim [Democrats believe everything about America is racist] another absurd comment.

Finally, you make this claim [If a Democrat claims to love America, you know that democrat is a liar. There is nothing American when it comes to modern Democrats.]

This last one is a damn lie; it was not the Democrats who vandalized our nations Capitol Building, the mob who used weapons and stormed the Capitol were all supporters of Donald Trump, the loser.

The OP demonstrates by the seminal documents that all men are equal. I suppose you didn't read either the DoI or the Preamble. Are you too young to have ever take and passed a civics course?
I'd like to think the move away from liberty is an outlier, but the party is open about its intentions. They say they will censor you, release criminals, tax you for vanity projects and summer homes, open borders, and teach children in schools that 'All' white people are racist as soon as they are born. I don't know how many of the votes are real, but if you vote for this, you are making a choice to move away from liberty. General Welfare is the battle cry to strip everything the country was founded on. For those who say roads and 'fire' in a movie theater, let me ask you a question. Is there anything the government can take away from you for the common good that you feel crosses a line?

Yep, however the Preamble and Jefferson's DoI set a theme for the future. Sadly, it still has not yet become. And never will as long as the faux conservatives, racists, misogynists and all around bigots believe otherwise.

Equal rights, opportunities and justice are still in the future.
What a massive pile of soft steaming bullshit.

America of all nations is probably the least racist,, least misogynist, and least bigoted counties on earth when you overlook the sniveling leftist pieces of shit like Cum Catcher who are full blown bigots when it comes to white Christians and opponents of collectivist dogma.

Democrooks have always been the biggest road block to equal rights, extending opportunity to everyone, and have expanded their suppression of equal justice. In recent times they're focused on maintaining a heightened level of crime and chaos specifically in minority communities and have been trying to eliminate public safety officers from even existing on the streets of these areas, or making their efforts null and void by freeing violent felons back out on the streets to continue terrorizing the public. You want " Equal rights, opportunities and justice "? DEFEAT THE DEMOCROOK PARTY in every election and endeavor, along with RINO Republicrats who cover for them and ridicule sniveling bed wetters like the cum dumpster OP.

/SNIP Is there anything the government can take away from you for the common good that you feel crosses a line?
For pieces of shit like him, it's about how much the government steals from the people he hates. Turds like him never have, and never will actually do anything productive or useful. They contribute nothing anyway. It also has nothing to do with "the common good". It's about POWER and CONTROL. They have NO INTENTION of anything "good" resulting from their actions that benefits anyone besides themselves and their agenda. If they were even slightly interested in positive results for the majority of people they would not promote policies and a regressive philosophy that has created more poverty, genocides, famines, oppressions and tyranny. Do not for one second be fooled into believing that jabbering imbecile has "the common good" in mind when he spams the board with insipid agitprop.

Forum List

Back