What Does a Homeless Man Do With $100?

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
Well ... we all assume that most of those street people holding signs saying "WILL WORK FOR FOOD -- GOD BLESS" will take their earnings and head to the nearest liquor store or drug dealer. However, this dude proves us wrong. Not all street people are drunks or druggies. Some are pretty decent folks:

But he did take it right to the liquor store. :wine:

I had my doubts at first too.

I think we all did (and do most of the time). I'd say that, in most cases, these "sign holders" use the money they collect to buy drugs or booze. But stories like the one above show me that perhaps I shouldn't jump to conclusions or make snap judgements about people. Way back in the late 70s when I was in my late teens I fell on hard times and landed in the street. If not for the aid of others I may have remained in the street.

Hebrews 13:2, "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."

James 2:14-17, "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

Two nights ago there was a dude panhandling in front of one of my gas stations. I see him come in a lot and buy cheap beer. I gave him a full case for Christmas and some snacks. I let the manager pay him to sweep up the parking lot and clean the bathrooms too when he needs a few extra bucks. Nice guy actually, just a broken soul.

Forum List

Back