What do you dislike the most about Christmas?

It's the only time of year that I really bum out about deceased family members. Some Christmas days I'll reach the point where I go sit on the toilet and have a good cry.

I must admit, I use the toilet for something different. But I understand your point.

What do you dislike the most about Christmas?

There is a difference in what historically we perceive as "Christian" and these awful right wing extremists that call themselves "Christian". Look at the way so many don't even know what the Bible says. Earlier, one was saying slavery was never addressed in the Bible. You can't claim to have read it and make such a ridiculous statement.

Hey man......

Shut the fuck up.

Rdrone cannot help himself.

Everything. I hate every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of the month of hell called the holiday season with a white-hot passion. I hate the crowds, the stress, the traffic, the incessant music (stations playing it since mid-November...and it's the SAME TEN SONGS!), and the assorted hassles. I hate the gifts I get (that I do not want and have no use for), despite repeated and increasinly-emphatic statements that I want nothing.

This year is the ultimatum: anything addressed to me will be burned unopened.

You aren't nearly nasty enough. I can reduce a Christmas dinner party to tears in less than 15 minutes. Today with the myriad of choices it is entirely possible to sail through the entire holiday season with nary a sprig of mistleto.

Simply return gifts with the following note:

This would better decorate your garbage can than mine.

That will be the last you get. I can give lessons in being obnoxious.

If the gift is from a spouse, hand it back saying "you throw it out and cut out the middleman. I should not have to throw it away when you should do it.

936037_286184361536400_2012618719_n.jpg

People not getting it.

The constant hate mongering from the leftist that are so full of bile that they go full bore to shit all over this time of year.

And then next year, ridicule the people who bring up the war on Christmas.

I guess they forget year after year after year.....

Hey man.....you too. Shut up for all of our sakes.

He asked.

And that's what upsets me.

It's the only time of year that I really bum out about deceased family members. Some Christmas days I'll reach the point where I go sit on the toilet and have a good cry.

:(

Yeah me too. Christmas' past memories flood in.

Can you turn that time into memories of the great times you had with them? I lost my best friend this past year and it took months to be able to talk about it. But now I can think of the memories with fondness and laughter. I plan on opening a bottle of wine and having a drink with "her" and remembering the good times we had. No guarantee I won't go to bed without tearful prayers, though.

Everything. I hate every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of the month of hell called the holiday season with a white-hot passion. I hate the crowds, the stress, the traffic, the incessant music (stations playing it since mid-November...and it's the SAME TEN SONGS!), and the assorted hassles. I hate the gifts I get (that I do not want and have no use for), despite repeated and increasinly-emphatic statements that I want nothing.

Time for you to go to the warm climates for the holiday...alone.

My manager at work might not like that!

You aren't nearly nasty enough. I can reduce a Christmas dinner party to tears in less than 15 minutes. Today with the myriad of choices it is entirely possible to sail through the entire holiday season with nary a sprig of mistleto.

Simply return gifts with the following note:

This would better decorate your garbage can than mine.

That will be the last you get. I can give lessons in being obnoxious.

If the gift is from a spouse, hand it back saying "you throw it out and cut out the middleman. I should not have to throw it away when you should do it.

You being a psycho bitch isn't new. Kindly fuck off.

And note: the tears are because everyone is LAUGHING at you!

Last edited:

:(

Yeah me too. Christmas' past memories flood in.

Can you turn that time into memories of the great times you had with them? I lost my best friend this past year and it took months to be able to talk about it. But now I can think of the memories with fondness and laughter. I plan on opening a bottle of wine and having a drink with "her" and remembering the good times we had. No guarantee I won't go to bed without tearful prayer, though.

I do all my Christmas' with those memories in mind. I wouldn't trade them for nothing in the world.

I am so sorry about your friend :(

It is a wonderful time of the year, but there are some things about it that you really, really hate! I will start.

-I dislike all the C rated movies with bad actors that come on this time of the year. And they all seem to have some sappy plot that makes my wife cry and makes me nauseous...

I haven't read all the responses yet, but I had to think hard on what I dislike about this season that puts a sweet spring in my step, and I came up with two, off hand.

One, are the bombardment of Christmas commercials, and I don't even watch TV that often. The other one I dislike is the season begins too early. I would prefer it to begin about 10 or 15 days before Christmas. But I understand business and what it takes to keep doors open as this is the season that can make or break a business. It would just be nice not to see Christmas decorations everywhere one looks, in the neighborhood beginning around December 1.

Merry Christmas....to one and all, of my very enjoyable and eclectic posters here. :D

Forum List

Back