What do you believe about Jesus/Yeshua

Do you believe that Jesus?

• Total voters
I thought that this was a good question asked by Mike and deserved its own thread.

I was going to answer frazzled, but I need some more information, because each poster says something different.

Do you (generic you) believe that jesus:

1. Is god?
  2. Is the son of god?
  3. Is part of god?
  4. Is a divine being?
  5. Was the messiah?
  6. A combination of all?
  7. A combination of some?
Please explain?

So what are your thoughts?

I find it difficult to imagine how a man of ordinary means might have impacted the world to the degree that Jesus did. I've heard some interesting explanations and theories about how it could have been accomplished. Some even suggested that the miracles could have been faked. I take the opposite view. I believe that Jesus was the son of God.

By being a good salesman.

I find it difficult to imagine how a man of ordinary means might have impacted the world to the degree that Jesus did. I've heard some interesting explanations and theories about how it could have been accomplished. Some even suggested that the miracles could have been faked. I take the opposite view. I believe that Jesus was the son of God.

sometimes charismatic people seem greater than they are. if what someone says touches someone else and they have that 'spark', then it isn't that difficult for people to believe what they choose.... especially two thousand some odd years ago.

he was the rockstar of rabbis...

The name “Jesus” is meaningless.
Yahuweh, is God’s name. His personal proper name it means "I Am," and "I Exist."
"Jesus" is actually Yahushua; it means "Yah Saves."
"Jew" is Yahuwdy; it means "related to Yah."
Yahushua, is the diminished human manifestation of Yahuweh. By knowing, trusting, and relying upon Yahuweh, we become Yahuwdym, meaning “those who are related to Yah.”

I was pondering whether to engage or not, but what the hell I am a go with the flow type of guy:eusa_angel:

Aside from jesus not fulfilling the messianic prophesies, how do you reconcile jesus being a divine being with this?

Hear O Israel, the L-rd is our G-D, the L-ord is ONE (Deut)

I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. ...so that from the rising of the Sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:5-6)

...I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. (Isaiah, 46:9)

... so that all the peoples of the Earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. (1 Kings, 8:60)

Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:22)

This is what the Lord says…"Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other God." (Isaiah, 45:14)

...The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (Deuteronomy, 6:4)

... O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. All the nations You have made will come and worship before You, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name. For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:8-10)

O Lord ...You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the Earth. You have made heaven and Earth. (Isaiah, 37:16)

... all kingdoms on Earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (Isaiah, 37:20)

This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, Who has made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens, Who spread out the Earth by Myself. (Isaiah, 44:24)

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. (Isaiah, 64:4)

For this is what the Lord says—He Who created the heavens, He is God; He Who fashioned and made the Earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—He says: "I am the Lord, and there is no other." (Isaiah, 45:18)

...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)

See now that I Myself am He! There is no god besides Me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal... (Deuteronomy, 32:39)

...you may know there is no one like the Lord our God. (Exodus, 8:10)

O Lord... there is no god like You in heaven above or on Earth below... (1 Kings, 8:23; 2 Chronicles, 6:14)

Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty..."(2 Chronicles, 14:11)

I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. (Isaiah, 43:11)

There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no god but You, as we have heard with our own ears. (1 Chronicles, 17:20; 2 Samuel, 7:22)

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no strength like our God. (1 Samuel, 2:2)

His wisdom is profound, His power is vast. Who has resisted Him and come out unscathed. (Job, 9:4)

For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:10)

Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness. (Psalms, 150:2)

You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the Earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You. (Nehemiah, 9:6)

They will say of Me, "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength."... (Isaiah, 45:24)

You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. (Deuteronomy, 4:35)

... Is there any god besides Me? No, there is no other strong one; I know not one. (Isaiah, 44:8)

This is what the Lord says—I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no god. (Isaiah, 44:6)

Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am He." (Isaiah, 41:4)

O Lord, are You not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One… (Habakkuk 1:12)

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him. (Ecclesiastes, 3:14)

Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the Earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting You are God. (Psalms, 90:2)

Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever…(Psalms, 45:6)

For this is what the high and lofty One says—He Who lives forever, Whose name is holy...(Isaiah, 57:15)

and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His." (Daniel, 2:20)

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes, 3:11)

…For He is the living God and He endures forever… His dominion will never end. (Daniel, 6:26)

Praise be to the Lord … from everlasting to everlasting… (1 Chronicles, 16:36)

But You, O Lord, are exalted forever. (Psalms, 92:8)

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah, 40:8)

You've posted quite a few scriptures here none of which preclude the divinity of Jesus Christ. Perhaps you might summate them to form the point that I'm missing.
As to the matter of prophecy, it's a debate I welcome but certainly it deserves it's own thread...

Last edited:
I was pondering whether to engage or not, but what the hell I am a go with the flow type of guy:eusa_angel:

Aside from jesus not fulfilling the messianic prophesies, how do you reconcile jesus being a divine being with this?

I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. ...so that from the rising of the Sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:5-6)

...I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. (Isaiah, 46:9)

... so that all the peoples of the Earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. (1 Kings, 8:60)

Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:22)

This is what the Lord says…"Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other God." (Isaiah, 45:14)

... O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. All the nations You have made will come and worship before You, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name. For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:8-10)

O Lord ...You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the Earth. You have made heaven and Earth. (Isaiah, 37:16)

... all kingdoms on Earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (Isaiah, 37:20)

This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, Who has made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens, Who spread out the Earth by Myself. (Isaiah, 44:24)

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. (Isaiah, 64:4)

For this is what the Lord says—He Who created the heavens, He is God; He Who fashioned and made the Earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—He says: "I am the Lord, and there is no other." (Isaiah, 45:18)

...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)

See now that I Myself am He! There is no god besides Me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal... (Deuteronomy, 32:39)

O Lord... there is no god like You in heaven above or on Earth below... (1 Kings, 8:23; 2 Chronicles, 6:14)

Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty..."(2 Chronicles, 14:11)

There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no god but You, as we have heard with our own ears. (1 Chronicles, 17:20; 2 Samuel, 7:22)

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no strength like our God. (1 Samuel, 2:2)

His wisdom is profound, His power is vast. Who has resisted Him and come out unscathed. (Job, 9:4)

Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness. (Psalms, 150:2)

You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the Earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You. (Nehemiah, 9:6)

They will say of Me, "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength."... (Isaiah, 45:24)

You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. (Deuteronomy, 4:35)

... Is there any god besides Me? No, there is no other strong one; I know not one. (Isaiah, 44:8)

This is what the Lord says—I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no god. (Isaiah, 44:6)

Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am He." (Isaiah, 41:4)

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him. (Ecclesiastes, 3:14)

Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the Earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting You are God. (Psalms, 90:2)

For this is what the high and lofty One says—He Who lives forever, Whose name is holy...(Isaiah, 57:15)

and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His." (Daniel, 2:20)

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes, 3:11)

…For He is the living God and He endures forever… His dominion will never end. (Daniel, 6:26)

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah, 40:8)

You've posted quite a few scriptures hear none of which preclude the divinity of Jesus Christ. Perhaps you might summate them to form the point that I'm missing.

I thought it was pretty clear.

G-D said in numerous passages and in crystal clear language that the only divine being is him.

That you should not worship any other being/person other than him.

That you should not put your trust in anyone, but the one G-D.

Therefore, if you are saying that you believe that jesus was/is a divine being and/or that he is your saviour you are directly contradicting what G-D said.

Just to add you either believe in the divinity of G-D or jesus, you can't have both.

I thought that this was a good question asked by Mike and deserved its own thread.

By being a good salesman.
A "good" salesman...well that's one answer...facile but still an answer.

You've posted quite a few scriptures hear none of which preclude the divinity of Jesus Christ. Perhaps you might summate them to form the point that I'm missing.

I thought it was pretty clear.

G-D said in numerous passages and in crystal clear language that the only divine being is him.

That you should not worship any other being/person other than him.

That you should not put your trust in anyone, but the one G-D.

Therefore, if you are saying that you believe that jesus was/is a divine being and/or that he is your saviour you are directly contradicting what G-D said.

Take for example this one scripture...it says nothing about the divinity of Christ. You've posted quite a few of this sort. If you have some specific scriptures of relevance to Christ, or if you can show how this one or...these three:

are relevant you might have a point we could discuss. As such all I see is random scriptures, no context and your assertion...
Not much as a basis for such an assumption but perhaps it works for you...

Jesus is the SON of God, he is NOT God. He never claimed to BE God. In fact he repeatedly reminded everyone he was NOT God. He will be King of the Earth when the end is at hand. He will rule FOR God on Earth with the help of the 144000 that ascend.

Just to add you either believe in the divinity of G-D or jesus, you can't have both.
If this is your opinion then I thank you for sharing it...if you contend that it is a matter of scripture then I invite you to demonstrate this by showing this to be the case in scripture.

God's name is Jehovah. Psalm 83:18

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the Earth.

Exodus 6:3

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Both of these passages are in the King James version. In several other versions his name appears in other passages where the King James used Lord or God.

Jesus is the SON of God, he is NOT God. He never claimed to BE God. In fact he repeatedly reminded everyone he was NOT God. He will be King of the Earth when the end is at hand. He will rule FOR God on Earth with the help of the 144000 that ascend.

Your theory is contradicted by G-D in the passages that I quoted.

Who are you going to believe G-D or jesus?

If this is your opinion then I thank you for sharing it...if you contend that it is a matter of scripture then I invite you to demonstrate this by showing this to be the case in scripture.

Hello? I did via all the passages where G-D said that there is only him, and not to worship or put your trust in anyone but him.

Last edited:
Thanks. I mean that, don't take what I'm feeling as a dig, I'm truly grateful to you for reminding me of part of my youthful, passionate past.

You don't often see the 'Gospel' message written so succinctly and completely.

Simpler times.... More complex me.​

Sometimes we need to return to the basics. I've been feeling the need to lately myself.

For me it's not a return to the basics, it's a reflection on a time in my life when God was real and religion was right or wrong - mine and my born again Christian Family's was right and everyone else was wrong.

My belief set has changed since then - I now see The Bible as a mere fraction of the surviving documentation of the documented part of our history and Western 'Civilization' as only one story intertwined within the many stories that make up the rich tapestry that is the ongoing tale of the one and only class 'M' planet that we actually know of.

Last edited:

I was going to answer frazzled, but I need some more information, because each poster says something different.

Do you (generic you) believe that jesus:

1. Is god?
  2. Is the son of god?
  3. Is part of god?
  4. Is a divine being?
  5. Was the messiah?
  6. A combination of all?
  7. A combination of some?
Please explain?

He was the martyr who mattered, living in the first truly global geopolitical organization with a sustainable power base, when the first writings that survived began their journey through time....

If you're reading this, I know you have access to the internet..... Have you SEEN what people can pass off as "truth" when they write it down?

Last edited:
God's name is Jehovah. Psalm 83:18

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the Earth.

Exodus 6:3

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Both of these passages are in the King James version. In several other versions his name appears in other passages where the King James used Lord or God.

The Names of God - My Jewish Learning

In the Hebrew scriptures that name is written as JHWH, since Hebrew script originally contained no vowels. God's name was almost certainly pronounced in early times, but by the third century BCE the consonants were regarded as so sacred that they were never articulated. Instead, the convention was to read the letters as Adonai, which means "Lord." Thus in English translations of the Hebrew text, JHWH is never written as a proper name, but as "the Lord."

JHWH is explained in the book of Exodus as "I am Who I am" and it is clearly derived from the old Hebrew verb HWH which means "to be." The term "Jehovah" was introduced by Christian scholars. It is merely JHWH pronounced with the vowel of Adonai, thus making JeHoWaH. It is a hybrid and is not usually used by Jews. Over the course of time, even the title Adonai was regarded as too awesome to represent the four letters of God's name and today most Orthodox Jews use [the term] HaShem, which simply means "the Name."

Terms for God are treated with the greatest reverence. Among the strictly traditional, even English translations are perceived as too holy to write and today the custom is to inscribe G‑d, the L‑rd and even the Alm‑ghty. This carefulness is explained and justified by the prohibition in the Ten Commandments: "You shall not take the name of JHWH your God in vain; for JHWH will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain" (Exodus 20:7).

In ancient times the term Adonai was not just used for God. It was a common mode of address to kings, slave‑masters, and even by wives to husbands. The "i" at the end signifies "my" and, in fact, Adonai is a plural form so it literally means "my lords." In many verses of scripture and in the liturgy, God is spoken of as JHWH (pronounced Adonai) Eloheynu, which means "the Lord our God."

In the Bible, God has many other names. He is often described as Elohim, which simply means God. It is in fact, like Adonai, a plural form and is also, on occasions, used to refer to the pagan gods. When referring to the One Jewish God, the form Ha‑Elohim (the God) is often employed. Various conjectures have been made as to why a plural noun should be used to designate the unity of the One God. It has been suggested that it is a final remnant of archaic polytheistic beliefs, or even that it indicates the importance of the deity, as in the "royal we." Most scholars, however, think that it was taken from the Canaanite language. The Canaanites were the indigenous people of the land of Israel and they seem frequently to have addressed their individual gods as "my gods."

The Canaanite word for god was El. This is not used often in the Bible except when it is coupled with another title. God is sometimes called El Elyon, literally God Most High. So the Psalmist declares, "I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart…I will sing praises to Thy name O Most High" (Psalm 9:1‑2) and "Let them know that Thou alone whose name is JHWH art the Most High over all the world" (Psalm 83:18). Like the term Elohim, this title was taken over from the Canaanites who traditionally described El Elyon as the lord of all the gods. When the Jews took possession of the Promised Land, it was natural enough for them also to adopt this title for their One God.

Similar borrowings occurred with El Olam (the Everlasting God) and El Shaddai (the Almighty God). The book of Genesis describes the patriarch Abraham calling God El Olam at the shrine of Beersheba: "Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba and called there on the name of JHWH, the Everlasting God" (21:3). Similarly, when Abraham attained the age of ninety‑nine, JHWH appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty, walk with me and be blameless" (17:1). In both instances there are clear Canaanite connections. Beersheba was almost certainly an old pagan shrine and, when God revealed Himself as El Shaddai, He was promising the patriarch that the land of Canaan (the Promised Land) was to be given to his descendants forever.

The name “Jesus” is meaningless.
Yahuweh, is God’s name. His personal proper name it means "I Am," and "I Exist."
"Jesus" is actually Yahushua; it means "Yah Saves."
"Jew" is Yahuwdy; it means "related to Yah."
Yahushua, is the diminished human manifestation of Yahuweh. By knowing, trusting, and relying upon Yahuweh, we become Yahuwdym, meaning “those who are related to Yah.”

yes... but Yeshua, his name, was Joshua in Hebrew.

Forum List

Back