What Do The Words "A Well Regulated Militia" Mean?

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.""

Where is the "and" part in that? The subject is "a well regulated militia".
Only in some mutant form of English.
But, even if so, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Not the milita, the people.

Only as it applies to the security of a free state.

Simply not true. That is but an example of why the right shall not be infringed, it is not the sole reason nor is it even the main reason. The comma means that it is just a descriptor for the body of the sentence.

But, even if so, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Simply not true. That is but an example of why the right shall not be infringed, it is not the sole reason nor is it even the main reason. The comma means that it is just a descriptor for the body of the sentence.

It doesn't say it is an example. Your just making shit up

No I am citing English sentence structure. I repeat is English your native language? If so I suggest you take remedial English lessons on sentence structure.

No I am citing English sentence structure. I repeat is English your native language? If so I suggest you take remedial English lessons on sentence structure.

My education far exceed yours. As does my ability to know that it says what itbsays, no more, no less.

And it doesn't say, "as an example"? It really isn't hard to tell the difference between reality and fantacy. That is if you can deal with it, which you obviouly can't.

Last edited:

My education far exceed yours. As does my ability to know that it says what itbsays, no more, no less.

And it doesn't say, "as an example"?

You do NOT know English sentence structure if you insist what you have insisted in this thread.

"

You do NOT know English sentence structure if you insist what you have insisted in this thread.

Yeah, I do. And you're just making shit up to add, like "for example".

There is no sentence structure that means "for example". That is just unadulterated bullshit.

And why do RWers and other Republicans like to ignore it?

Uhhhh, what does the very next sentence of that amendment say? "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

This is really sad. There is indisputable, clear-cut evidence from the founding fathers writings', ratification convention minutes, and other relevant writings that the 2nd Amendment was intended to guarantee the people to keep and bear arms, whether or not they were in a militia or if they ever intended to join a militia. The focus of the right was the people's right to own firearms; the intro statement about the militia was ancillary to it.

The Revolutionary War started when the British began to disarm the colonists. The framers weren't about to give the federal government the right to disarm American citizens.

The American Revolution against British Gun Control

What do the words a well regulated militia mean? it means if you try to take away America's guns you're going to get a whole lot of spirit of 76 shoved up your ass.

Let's all just make shit up.

Oh, I know, it says everone except you. Yeah, that's it. Well regulated militia means everyone but people like you.

Uhhhh, what does the very next sentence of that amendment say? "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

This is really sad. There is indisputable, clear-cut evidence from the founding fathers writings', ratification convention minutes, and other relevant writings that the 2nd Amendment was intended to guarantee the people to keep and bear arms, whether or not they were in a militia or if they ever intended to join a militia. The focus of the right was the people's right to own firearms; the intro statement about the militia was ancillary to it.

The Revolutionary War started when the British began to disarm the colonists. The framers weren't about to give the federal government the right to disarm American citizens.

Yeah, if you ignore all beginning, the whole first half of it. Oh, I know, lets use a razor on the original copy. After all, the first half doesn' t mean anything. So why bother having it there. We'll just take it out.

As I recall, they didn't all sign the minutes. They signed the Constitution. If they wanted to sign all the shit you make up, they would have put it in the Constitution

Last edited:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.""

Where is the "and" part in that? The subject is "a well regulated militia".
Only as it applies to the security of a free state. Oh, and as it appliesd to a well regulated militia.
:roll:
I see you're one of those people that likes to be worng on purpose.

Fact:
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home

You can choose to believe otherwise, but that only means you choose to be wrong.

Still not an example.

A nominative absolute, or a prefatory clause as used in legal documents which the second amendment is, do not carry weight in the restrictive clause that followed. So whether, a nominative absolute, or a prefatory clause it just doesn't matter. The phrase could have read "stupid is as stupid does, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed," because this means the same damn thing as the 2nd amendment as written.

Rather than saying it was an example, you probably meant to say or should have said, it was a partial explanation giving a half ass reason and/or subjective altruistic purpose for the restrictive clause.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back