What do Modern women offer…

More and more women are learning the truth that we don't need a "man" to get along in life quite well.
Sure, and more power to you for that.

I will never understand people who feel the need to mock others for their lifestyle choices. Near as I can figure, they are not so confident of their own choices, so they want others to be uncomfortable with theirs.

More and more women are learning the truth that we don't need a "man" to get along in life quite well.
You are just rediscovering how many men and women lived before marriage was so promoted after WW2.

So...the whining con-tinues
I find this interesting… for years I’ve heard all the complaints from women that guys didn’t want to commit, to settle down, to have serious relationships, etc… and now these Gus are getting abide for wanting exactly that.

it’s pretty damn weak if a guy is threatened by being around an educated woman
Why do you assume these guys are threatened by educated women? They all went to coed colleges, work in coed environments, and go about their days interacting with women regularly. They just believe in Traditional style relationships.

Why do you assume these guys are threatened by educated women? They all went to coed colleges, work in coed environments, and go about their days interacting with women regularly. They just believe in Traditional style relationships.
I’ve met many that are. The other poster said that “real men” can’t stand to be around educated women.

What is a “traditional style” relationship, exactly?

The single income, Breadwinner/Homemaker type relationship that we see stylized in tv shows and movies.
What is preferable about that relationship to a two income family or a single income where a woman is the breadwinner?

The single income, Breadwinner/Homemaker type relationship that we see stylized in tv shows and movies.
Which is entirely achievable. However a family cannot "keep up with the Jones's", and engage fully in consumerism,while also putting family first. And that is the true crux of the matter. A willingness, and dedication to putting family first. A value many folks weren't raised in, nor hold dear...

No. That’s the exact opposite of what they want. They want traditional stay-at-home housewives and (possibly) mothers. They want the traditional one income, nuclear family. They are willing to be the sole bread-winner.
Then my advice stands.

I don’t know what a “real man” is or isn’t, but it’s pretty damn weak if a guy is threatened by being around an educated woman.
After my sister enrolled in college she became so 'educated' that I couldn't stand her. (But, after I 'got religion' she couldn't stand me. So we were even.) ;)

Last edited:
1661013131228.jpeg

What do Modern women offer Tradutional Men, realationship-wise?

This topic of conversation has come up several times recently in the social circles I travel in. Especially among the twenty-something’s I interact with from time to time.

I’m interested to see if the USMB crowd can come up with any positive traits that modern women offer more traditionally oriented males when it comes to relationships. I’ve been pretty much stumped, personally.
Exactly what specific traditions are you even talking about when you say "traditionally oriented" and "traditional men"?

Forum List

Back