What do African Americans owe America?

It's amusing because in the history of man and the history of the world there hasn't been a single 1st world country founded and governed by blacks, there isn't one now, there isn't even a 2nd world black country I can think of.

Even the world's most successful blacks were successful in countries formed by other skin colors for the most part.

And throughout history blacks have contributed the least to mankinds evolution. Engineering, architecture, medicine, science, electronics, aviation and so on has almost entirely been thanks to non blacks.

Just look on the other side of the pond. Which direction are people migrating to? People are not leaving Norway and heading to Somalia.

What's really interesting, is the fact over the last 150 years, a person born in Africa has had a much MUCH higher possibly of being a slave, than anywhere else in the world including of course the U.S.

The more poignant question is, is there any difference between what a Black American owes to his country and what a "white" American owes to his country?

Pay taxes,
Obey the laws (which includes avoid subversive activity),
Serve in the military if legally required to do so.

Same for both.

What does this country owe to Blacks that is different from what it owes to "whites"?

This is the hard part. There are lots of people who believe that the Government should treat Blacks more kindly, more leniently, and more generously than it treats "whites," in spite of Constitutional provisions that prohibit treating people differently based on their race. The justification for this is historical discrimination, which has in effect limited the prospects for Blacks to realize the elusive "American Dream." That is to say that some Blacks have overcome this discrimination (or avoided it some way), but most have not, and have suffered because of it.

But in my opinion (and I should be Emperor), discrimination on the basis of race serves no good purpose in the long run, and Government should strive for equality of treatment, in every measurable way.

Which brands me a Republican.

Isn’t it interesting in that Africa’s history of slavery exceeds the American colonies by 1,000’s of years? My bet is that if the dark continent had never been colonized it would have remained today a fractured continent ruled by tribal feudalistic structures. I assume the American West would resemble the same structure as well. Regardless the past can never be undone and one must learn from one’s mistakes and embrace the future not dwell in the past.

This is an interesting article, and an interesting question.

IMO, American blacks do not necessarily owe anything specific other than dropping any attempts to make a wholesale change of this country. The Marxist BLM movement for instance, needs to go away.

Today's African Americans benefit mightily on being here, and not the continent of their ancestors. Slavery was evil and wrong, but because of the horrid sacrifices their ancestors paid, they now are so much better off here, than had they been born and raised in Africa.

When blacks take over America it will quickly became Liberia ( a failed state founded by US - blacks in 1900s )

featured3-620x420.jpg

Liberia_Country_portal_shutterstock_editorial_10298281ai-18.jpg

liberia_agnes_varraine_leca.jpg

Forum List

Back