Automat Making A Return

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Now obviously I'm way too young to remember this, and I've never even heard about it before, but it does look interesting. I think that it's a really good way to keep your food warm. 😊

I'd prefer cafeteria dining to come back like K&W.

OIP.qc0Xvp1NGnYvPEBeu2ayNgHaFj

The "hog trough" type places like Golden Corral killed them.

They had the best fish dinner you could get outside of making it yourself and it was nice not to have to worry about a used band-aid some kid left in the coleslaw.

Now obviously I'm way too young to remember this, and I've never even heard about it before, but it does look interesting. I think that it's a really good way to keep your food warm. 😊

I've seen them in several places overseas, most notably the far east.

Maybe also an idea to expand to other types of products to stop shoplifting.
I'd prefer cafeteria dining to come back like K&W.

OIP.qc0Xvp1NGnYvPEBeu2ayNgHaFj

The "hog trough" type places like Golden Corral killed them.

I agree here in Orlando we had Morrisons and TradeWinds. I miss those types, sort of classy but affordable.
They had the best fish dinner you could get outside of making it yourself and it was nice not to have to worry about a used band-aid some kid left in the coleslaw.

Maybe also an idea to expand to other types of products to stop shoplifting.

I agree here in Orlando we had Morrisons and TradeWinds. I miss those types, sort of classy but affordable.
Yep, and you don't have some of the usual suspects getting all "disrespected" if you snag the last couple chicken wings. ;)

K&W was my go-to place when they had one in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Morrisons was fine too, I used to go to one them when visiting a friend in FL back in the day.

We used to go to the Auto Mat whenever we were in NYC.

They need a lot of people to keep the compartments filled. The servers will be behind filling them instead of bringing them to the table.
Hopefully what they get an hour will be good enough because it sounds like there won't be much of a reason for customers to leave tips, at least not ones that are good enough that is.

God bless you and the workers always!!!

Holly

I remember the automat. We went to the automat all the time. The machines taking the money could not accept paper money only coins. Prices got too high and they closed. It might be time for an automat to come back and take credit or debit cards.

They had something similar when we lived in Spain, except more tightly focused on one type of food instead of a variety. For example, put money in and pizza of your choice comes out. There was an Asian food one near our apartment as well.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 6.17.43 PM.png

Forum List

Back